It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coach resigns after pre-game prayer ban.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
You know... Its kinda funny seeing all of you bitch and scream how this is wrong..

Let me ask you, should we ban the Constitution for school now?? how about the bill of rights?? or maybe the Declaration of Independence???

From the Declaration of Independence
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Then in that those 3 pieces of US history was based around what our forfathers wanted the states to be like.. Under God's rule.

Yea, why dont we do that, ban them now we dont have to worry about History class or Social Studies..

By the way I dont believe in god.. I do believe however we should run things like they are suppost to be run and not mess with something that has been going on for so long..

Its not our fault Liberals have an issue with everything.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Then in that those 3 pieces of US history was based around what our

forfathers wanted the states to be like.. Under God's rule.

Yea, why dont we do that, ban them now we dont have to worry about History class or Social Studies..

By the way I dont believe in god.. I do believe however we should run things like they are suppost to be run and not mess with something that has been going on for so long..

Its not our fault Liberals have an issue with everything.

Yes, they wanted it to be under GOD's rule. However, what they didn't want was the government pushing their brand of GOD on the people. They left Europe because of this.

This is not a "liberal" issue. It is an AMERICAN issue.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Maybe they need to teach the students and the Coach about the Trippoli Treaty, signed in 1797 with the Barbary States.

part of that says:

"As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion, as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen, — and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan (sic) nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

<< 1   >>

join