It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vallhall's Podcast: Valhall thru the Looking Glass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

PODcast: Vallhall's Podcast: Valhall thru the Looking Glass
Language Barriers, Exploding Boys, Stolen Jets, and the LOOP

length: 09:40
file: atspodcast_500.mp3
size: 4535k
feed: ats

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Val, I didn't know how country you where. LOL.

Very funny.

Whip knot?

[edit on 11-10-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
that would be

whoop-knot

LOL

I was country when country wasn't cool. Seems I still am when it's still not. LMAO!

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
that would be

whoop-knot
I see. LOL
LOL

I was country when country wasn't cool. Seems I still am when it's still not. LMAO!

Your cool in my book. You and that old man, even if he gets carried away with the tin foil.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Val, you talkin bout the Foreign Language Signs thread? Or which thread. Me be confused. I know, what else is new right?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Great podcast, Val

Keep 'em coming!

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Excellent! Lifting my shot glass to the southeast.

Roper

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Nice one Val. I love your twang!

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I'm waiting for mrwupy to reply...LOL!

I think one of the funniest phenoms on earth is the various languages that have evolved in the different countries deemed "english speaking". Let's face it, at this point there is only one country that "speaks english"...England. All the rest of us are in some deep measure of botching it...LOL. As Eddie Izzard points out - in America we say "erb", in England they say "herb"...why? "because it has a farking h in it". LOL

I think Australian should be called Australian and American called American, and Canadian called Canadian, etc....because we just no longer are doing the proper english thingy...else we'd all be saying "shedule" instead of "skedule".

And then it gets even funnier when you see the vast difference between New England, Minnesota/Dakota, etc., and the south all in one country!!! Has anybody heard TC? I feel like I'm listening Elvis Presley when he's talking

One of my fav languages (see, I'm practicing what I preach - not a dialect, it's own language) is that of mrwupy's region. They do that reverse speech thingy...you know, where they put the preposition before the action and the noun.

Over the fence I went.

In the glovebox I put it.

LOL!

[edit on 10-12-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Okay, the truth is coming out here:

money.cnn.com...

The EIA also reported Wednesday that one-third of U.S. crude oil and 21 percent of natural gas output in the Gulf of Mexico will still be shut-in during December due to disruptions caused by Katrina and Rita.

Seven oil refineries that can process 1.9 million barrels per day of crude remained offline after the storms. Those plants represent about 11 percent of total U.S. refining capacity, the agency said.

"Complete recovery of energy infrastructure from hurricane damage will take many months. However, considerable recovery should occur by the end of 2005," the agency told Reuters.

The agency anticipated that the average price of a barrel of oil will be about $64 to $65 in 2006, up from the $58 a barrel average expected for this full year.

Separately, the EIA said gasoline inventories, which are currently tight, should improve as the heating season progresses. "However, an abnormally cold winter could discourage gasoline output and tighten supplies for next spring," the agency said.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

And then it gets even funnier when you see the vast difference between New England, Minnesota/Dakota, etc., and the south all in one country!!! Has anybody heard TC? I feel like I'm listening Elvis Presley when he's talking

ahaha

Elvis? I'd say more like Buck Turgidson (when he feels like it)

But I don't see the Elvis likeness.

TC, you need to do a podcast!

I love all your languages! They're great!

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
NEWSFLASH

Dolly Parton concert live on ATS !!

Are you taking requests Valhall???

Enough of the jokes, great podcast.
Being an Englishman living here in the States, I like how y'all have adopted our language. Plenty of dialects even in a small country as Great Britain. Whats a few more ehh?
Im glad I havent got a microphone here, and Im sure you all are too.

Keep up the good work !

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
A redneck rocket scientist...i love it.

Nice to put a voice to the name, great PODcast Val.

Ya'll come back now.. ya hear

[edit on 12-10-2005 by Rren]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Here's a true story as to how people can mistreat you based solely on your dialect....or drawl in my case.

I was living in Monterey Bay, CA in 1983-84 and I decided to take a couple of classes at the community college. I go to enroll. I'm standing behind two men in line for the lady behind the desk. I listen as she tells both of the men in front of me "Take this form, fill it out and bring it back. You can use one of those desks over there." In both instances, she's giving the canned instructions in a fairly efficient rate of speech.

I step to the window and say "I would like to enroll in a couple of classes." And she says

VERY SLOWLY

"Okay, you take this form...OK? And you go right over there and sit at one of those desk...OK? And you fill it out...OK? And then you bring it back to me...OK? Now, if you need any help filling this out you just come right back to me and I'll help you...OK?"

Like I was mentally retarded or something.

THEN, one of the classes I was in was English Comp I - Expository Writing. So, this is just about the time the movie Silkwood came out. Now, I'm a big Meryl Streep fan, but I thought her attempt at an Oklahoma accent was pathetic in Silkwood...sounded more like deep-south if you ask me. So we come to class one Monday morning and the prof starts talking about he saw Silkwood over the weekend and eventually he asks me what I thought of it. And I respond that it was a pretty good movie but that Meryl's fake Oklahoma accent detracted from it for me..and that she sounded like she was from the deep-south instead of Oklahoma. After all, if I can detect the accent as a drawl, it's more of a drawl than I have. He says...that's funny, I thought compared to you she sounded like she was from New Jersey.

ba-dump-bump. YEEHAW!

[edit on 10-12-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
VALHALL can you please turn your mic gain up for future POD Casts. I do not know what it is but you and you alone come accross with very little gain and you are extremly hard to hear. In fact it is so bad most of the time I only listen to a small portion because of it.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If I learn how to do that, I surely will.

I haven't got a clue where my gain is. Isn't that a laundry detergent? I use Tide.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I haven't got a clue where my gain is. Isn't that a laundry detergent? I use Tide.

Go to your control panel sound and recording devices then under audio then recording devices and raise the bar slightly.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm sorry Valhall, but I object to your statement about Australia being a penal colony.
Quite a fair few of the people living in Australia are from other countries, and have no 'convict' blood in them.
Secondly, the mentioning of Australia as an ex-penal colony, as though it matters, tends towards the statement of criminality being passed down from generation to generation via genetics and upbringings. This is a VERY pessimistic view of humanity, and doesn't take into consideration the infinite capacity for goodness within EVERY human being.
Also, I would like to mention that quite a few of the convicts brought to Australia were in fact political criminals, in that they had broken no COMMERCIAL/MARTIAL laws, but were simply guilty of 'sedition'. (Of which, if the government of GB were in fact a proper democracy and not a monarchy, would never have been considered illegal, and actually encouraged.)

Pessimism towards rebellious politicians, activists, and alarmists considered, does that not state that Americans are in fact criminals themselves, in supporting a nation that brutally demanded independance from THE SAME monarchical state that the political prisoners of Terra Australis were imprisoned for rebelling against?

This is no joking matter, and if you had humourous intentions in stating Australia as a penal colony, then humanity still has a long way to go in unlearning the Illuminatistic propaganda of the global market and an oppressive class-based state.

"I may not agree with your opinion, but I certainly respect your right to have one." That said, carry on, and good day to you. ^_^

[edit on 14-10-2005 by nrky]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Get yourself a copy of Audacity, it is a faaaar superior tool to the sound recorder that comes with windows.
Note, it is most likely the source of soficrow's irritating sound effects, so if you can master it, you can work wonders with your voice, and hopefully raise the volume in the process.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
nrky

Sorry your funny-bone is broken right now. There's actually nothing I can personally do to fix that for you.

I'm sure it will probably cause you more consternation than me not being able to fix my gain will cause me.

Good luck.

new topics

top topics

join