It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new member....not really sure where to begin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Text Black

Well, I have been lurking around this site for quite some time, just like several others who are now members.

My areas of interest are varied, but I like to try and concentrate my efforts on the Aliens and UFOs portion of this site. I would also like to see more material on the "Stargate" that supposedly connected this world to Niburu. The information I have found on this is scant and repetitive at best, in my personal opinion.

I have a strong background in computers and networking, and have read much into theoretical astrophysics (my one true love
). Also, I tend to be the "skeptic-believer". I believe many things, but I judge "evidence" for what it is: you must consider the source, context, and actual value of what is being presented as "evidence" or "proof".

BTW, in case it ever does happen to come up anywhere in the future...and it just might.....I'm not into any illicit drugs, I do drink, I love my Marlboro cigarettes, I am soon-to-be divorced, I work with computers for a living...so logic is something I have to apply to solve problems on a daily basis, and I'm 25. I guess that about covers it.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS ahnikah.

Your intro was very thorough. See you around the board.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Welcome, ahnikah...

reading your interests, I think you will fit right in

I'm sure you will get a string of helpful links attached to this thread. Reading them all will be of great help to you.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Glad you could make it, come on in and sit a spell…

Welcome to ATS,ATSNN,BTS,PTS, and Ignorance Denied.

A great way to get off to an even better start at ATS:

Zedd's Handbook of ATS Links

Other helpful links for new (and old
) members:

Asala’s New Member Advice Thread

Answers to Questions not in the FAQ

Searching and Complaining

ATS Search for “Dummies”

Member's and ATS, L.L.C. Shared Rights

Forgot to vote? Voted and still not happy? Voted and are happy, yet unhappy that others are not sharing your joy:

PTS Is Wide Open For Business

Not sure about starting a new thread? Check out what one of our "Esteemed Senior Staffers" thinks you should do. (P.S. He's right!)

If you have any questions, or need any help, U2U myself or any Staff Member, or use the Gripe/Idea Button.

Greetings Monkeys, not just for saying "Hi" anymore...

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Glad you could find us here at the great ATS, enjoy your long stay!

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
heh, it's a lot different to actually try and be an active member here rather than a lurker. It's a little overwhelming....

Should acclimate within a day or so, hopefully

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Hey ahnikah.. well make sure you ask all the questions you need to get your self settled, Thats what we are here for,

If you feel you have any questions visit my thread
Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Below is A hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have, ie, what are points ect....this is Zedds great link book for ATS use
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me

You will find your u2u's in the member center

and also there is a message when you recieve a u2u

also need help getting your avatar up (or pic in your profile) check out this link

Want to post a pic in your thread.
how to post a pic on a thread

want to change your password to something you remember? look for this tab at the top of the page, there you can edit your profile and password

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Okay.....quick question.......

What are members of ATS to do if one of the threads they are posting on moves to PTS???

Do I have to register there as well...I do not see any "post reply" buttons....

Also, is it against protocol for me to suggest a thread that started in ATS and that is now on PTS to be thrown into the debate forum?

......or should I even suggest what be debated???
...................sorry if I overstep my boundaries...

[edit on 13-10-2005 by ahnikah]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
All you need to do is to log into the PTS boards. I found that out the hard way.........lol

Also welcome, I am also new here, love my Marlboro Lights, beer and I am also a divorcee (when I was 25).

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Thank you, nice to see I'm not alone in my situation

What about the protocol question? Any suggestions?

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
That would have to be answered by one of the Moderators I would assume, but not entirely sure.

Sorry can't help you on that one

join