It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radar glitch delays plane flights in Boston.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Apparently this has been going on since yesterday.

MSNBC

Radar was showing “false targets” — blips that air traffic controllers knew were not planes in flight, said FAA spokeswoman Arlene Murray.

This is leading to delays in average of two hours on flights today; yesterday they were having four hour delays.

Flights are now being monitored by a long-range backup radar system in Nashua, N.H.

Flocks of geese could cause the problem but a spokeswoman stated that the problem was ongoing.

Wonder if there have been any UFO sightings in the Boston area?

Or geese wearing tin foil hats??

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Interesting. Hopefully some interesting UFO reports will be coming from New England soon.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I live 30 miles north of Boston and there's been nothing out of the ordinary in the skies of late. From time to time I've seen a couple of fighters screaming overhead but thats about it. I thought I heard about a month ago of there being a lot of activity on the sun. Either abnormally large solar flares or lots of sunspot activity. That would muck up communications and radar I'd imagine.
I am definitely a sky watcher, but honestly I haven't seen anything strange in the past 48 hrs.
I also need to mention that its been raining almost nonstop for the last 4 or 5 days so its tough to see much of anything in the skies here

[edit on 11-10-2005 by lostboy]

new topics

join