It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Applause - how many colours and how many points for each?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by klain
how does one get appluads?

Fantastic posts, the best of the best Sir.

I tend to get them when I have made 8 to 10 fantastic posts in one forum over a few weeks, I then get rewarded for my hard work. :-)

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

Originally posted by justme1640
how do you get a Mac to show the number of posts -- I have tried everything I can think of and the only way I can do it is to go to the profile to see. Is there something I am missing?

Yeah, a good P.C. :-)

Now is that any way to get me to vote for you?

Seriously though does anyone know how I can do it? I know there are lots of other Mac users out there.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Bar Tab

This is a fun thread.

I've always wondered about that. If it goes up to 37, then I've got a long way to go.

Meanwhile, I think I know why Valhall's bar is black.

Here's the URL for her bar segments (37!!!):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is no such file.

Edit: As mentioned above.

I think I need a vacation.

[edit on 10/11/2005 by Majic]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
I got one question for you Vagabond, how many applauds did you need to get for that colour?

I have 49 of them still in my U2U box, but that only goes back to late Feb of this year- which is roughly half the time I've been on ATS. If I had to guess, I'd say I have somewhere between 75 and 100. My bar hasn't seemed to get any ruddier in months, so I'm guessing that around 50 brings you all the way up.

Just keep in mind that I'm basically speaking from my nethers- I'm not even 100% sure how you get applause. I often know that I can expect them when I'm writing a post, but sometimes I get them for stuff that I would never expect them for (and sometimes I sit, watching my U2U box, waiting for a volley of applause which I'm just sure will be coming- but they never do.)

I've started saving them so that I can go back to reference my better posts, see how I've changed, or just comfort myself when insecurity sets in
I think that's what they're best for really- a nice little security blanket to snuggle up in after you've had your butt handed to you in an argument and need to look back on happier times.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I think that's what they're best for really- a nice little security blanket to snuggle up in after you've had your butt handed to you in an argument and need to look back on happier times.

Pfft! I could count the number of times The Vagabond has had his butt handed to him in an argument using just the fingers on one elbow. And since I wasn't conceived near a nuclear testing site, that's a very small number.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
*is just posting to check her bar here...

I post that much on ATSNN I never see it...

* Edit...Oooh its getting pinker but not longer......

That does not sound right
I am glad we all know what bar I am talking about here.

[edit on 12-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   
3M? I feel so inadequate.

This whole thing makes me feel somewhat ... wrong. I feel like we're a bunch of kids who have found the key to mum and dads' closet and discovered our Christmas presents. "Look, I got a 7m!" "Oh, no fair, I only got a 1m!" I keep waiting for SO or Springer or even Simon to come in here and start screaming "You damn punk kids, you're not supposed to be in here!" and then remove their belts as we scurry about the room in terror at having been caught, all the while screaming "AgentSmith made me do it!"

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Pfft! I could count the number of times The Vagabond has had his butt handed to him in an argument using just the fingers on one elbow. And since I wasn't conceived near a nuclear testing site, that's a very small number.

That's extremely flattering (and wonderfully worded I might add) but I have to say that there are a couple of posts in my history that I like to pretend I never wrote. It's not so much that I lose many arguments, just that I've at times chosen arguments which were foolish to even have. Now... if you'll just let me have a look at that elbow, I'll go get my scalpel.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
sm.jpg ownz j00

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Yippie- I've been upgraded! 8m!!!
I'll count the applause to 9m and get back to you guys

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join