It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could most phenomenons be mistaken by the astral world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I realize that life is a series of thoughts and we hope to connect them to make some sort of sense. Lately, I've been focused on Aliens, Ghosts, UFO's. I found a common conclusion that could accept all three anyomolies. Is it possible that these real incidents were someone's glimpse of the ASTRAL WORLD? They of course would be unable to explain it as natural. It could explain why so many accounts are similair, because they are real. And it would also explain why these anyomolies are so elusive and unexplainable. If we could catoragize all these into the same group, we could be one more step closer to understanding them as a whole. What are your thoughts?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
could you explain a bit more what you mean?

when i started delving into the paranormal it was because i could see and communicate with ghosts/entities. after a while i learned there were more powerful entities and i learned to astral project/travel. once there i learned that there are indeed aliens. so it is true that one leads to another and that "spirituality" is linked with several other areas of interests/knowledge.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
It's not a bad theory and it certainly would account for certain aspects of each of these phenomena. It would explain, for instance, how ghosts and UFOs have been reported to simply disappear. If they were bleeding through from the astral planes, then they might conceivably return there and appear to onlookers to vanish.

Despite this, I do not think that this theory can account for certain aspects of these phenomena. The primary aspect that comes to mind is the impact these phenomena have been shown to have on the material world. UFOs, for example, have shown up on radar screens and have been reported interacting with their physical environments in ways as diverse as shooting at people with ray guns to crashing in American deserts. If we are to accept these accounts, then it seems that UFOs can interact with the physical world. This would seem to run counter to the theory that they are phenomena which have crossed over from the astral plane, given that the astral plane is held to be immaterial or spiritual and not physical in nature.

Aliens have also been reported to impact physically upon their environments. Abduction cases are a good example of this interaction. I would think that if they were denizens of the astral plane that they would be limited in their interactions with physical objects, including people.

Ghosts, of course, are usually held to be immaterial, although cases of them interacting with material objects are not uncommon. The difference between ghosts and astral entities, however, lies in the notion that ghosts are the spirits of the deceased who are trapped or who have chosen to remain on our plane of existence. In contrast, astral entities are said to be inhabitants of the astral planes, which seems to distinguish them from ghosts.

It occurs to me that I have heard a similar theory espoused before regarding the Loch Ness Monster. Some photos of Nessie seemed to show it as transparent, which led some to believe that the creature was in fact a manifestation of a creature from the astral planes. I guess that a problem with this theory is that the astral plane is typically not believed to spill over into the material world. Accounts of what people find in the astral planes vary, but to my knowledge I have never encountered a report where somebody saw an alien or a UFO whilst astral travelling. Perhaps if such accounts could be located, they would go some length towards supporting this theory. As it stands, though, I think that the theory is interesting but unlikely.

Edit

Having said that, I am reminded of the many accounts of aliens as spiritual beings who communicate with Humanity through spiritual channels. Perhaps an examination of accounts of this type might yield better results?

[edit on 10/10/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Jereamia,

I agree slightly, but isn't the astral plane seen through individual? It wouldn't be spilling over, it would just be that they were somehow able to recognize it (for it is our true nature) but the comprehension is where we get confused. I can't find any reason yet to disprove the theory. You say that radars have picked up certain UFO's. The astral world works on a certain frequency, its not unlikely that radar would't pick it up. Also, we all know how UFO stories have been stretched.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
as I see it, and i do have met souls of "aliens" on the astral plains, it has to do with the progress of their culture.

as i understood. there are races in the universe, some are further in their development then others. their development also effects the vibrational level they are at. if someone is at a vibrational level lower then yours then you can obviously see it. if its vibrations are 1 or 2 lvl's higher then you, then you won't be able to see it often or easily...such as with ghosts/astral beings.

also we're at the 4th vibrational lvl as i understood it. the so called "greys" move between 3 en 6. the ancturians upto 8. i mean...you really think we can see something like that unless they actually show themselves/manifest in front of us?

ghosts can be seen by some people.
greys show themselves to some people and occasionaly on radars
ancturians...only a handfull of people have seen them.

so i'd say that the alien/ufo's are indeed in this physical realm (on different vibrational lvl's) and not the astral realm.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Enyalious,

Define the atrsl plane in your idea please. I am not understanding the diiference your making with levels. I understand the different vibration levels seperating eacj level, but isn't the astral world just a fancy word for, what''s behind the scenes, the middleman to the ultimate answers, the trancparency of other worlds, etc.,?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
isn't the astral plane seen through individual? It wouldn't be spilling over, it would just be that they were somehow able to recognize it (for it is our true nature) but the comprehension is where we get confused.

Perhaps you should clarify for us what you perceive the astral planes to be. You seem to think of it as some type of reality that holds the answers to all of Mankind's questions or some kind of behind-the-scenes realm. My take on the astral plane is that it is simply another level of existence, no more important than the one in which we exist now. I do not see the astral plane as containing any inherent ansers or secrets. To me, it is just another plane of existence.

You asked whether or not the astral plane was seen through the individual. If this is the case, how would this theory explain mass sightings of UFOs or ghosts? But again, this may be a result of misinterpreting each other's views on the astral planes.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
To the poster of this thread...Absolute?

I remember reading a book by Jaques Valle(spelling?)

In his book (can't remember the name)he spoke of modern day miracles/U.F.O's/spiritual beings and other unexplained phenomenon.....as being all one and the same.....
Here is an article by Fr. Thomas Kulp, Flying Saucer Review, Volume 45/3, Autumn 2000

original source | fair use notice

Summary: There are still a surprisingly large number of people who seem to take all UFO reports with complete equanimity and, as it were, refuse to see anything "nasty" anywhere in it. Then, on the other hand, there are others, like Father Thomas Kulp, the author of this article, who take the opposite view and hold that every single case, without any exception whatsoever, is something straight out of Satan's bag.

U.F.O'S ~A Demonic Conspiracy

Also if you go down the page, there should be some info on Jaquess vallee.....
here.......
www.ufoevidence.org...

helen

[edit on 10/10/2005 by helen670]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
If and when we start to figure out all of these different phenomenon, I have a feeling we will begin to notice that all of them are linked, at least loosely.

It is quite a common theory that UFOs/Aliens are interdimensional in nature. Perhaps they are trying to communicate with our dimension, but it is not as easy and crystal-clear like we see in science fiction's "time machines" where we can physically and fully jump from one place and time to another. As humans advance enough to start making breakthroughs in interdimensional travel (or even just the interdimenional nature of the universe), I think much more of this will be revealed. Or even if it is just a fluke occurance. Perhaps to other dimensions, we are the ghosts and the UFOs and strange monsters in the closet. Either perceptions shift when things happen interdimensionally, or things over there are just so weird that they seem different here.

As for aliens and their link to spirituality, I have always found the similarities striking. Just think about the words we use to describe aliens, vs how angels are described in the Bible and other religions. "Beings of light coming to earth bringing peace" Often seen descending in "gleaming clouds of fire" (How would you describe a spaceship 2000 years ago?) I think the ancient Sumerian civilization has some of the most in-depth information into this theory. I'll post a big thing about it after if people are interested, or maybe a whole board if one doesn't exist yet. I'll go look into that.

It occurs to me that I have heard a similar theory espoused before regarding the Loch Ness Monster. Some photos of Nessie seemed to show it as transparent, which led some to believe that the creature was in fact a manifestation of a creature from the astral planes.

Transparent manifestation. Doesn't that sound a lot like what we also classify as a "ghost"? See, everything is connected

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The astral plane is a different dimension. That is all.

It is possible to be able to sensory perceive astral matter, this is called polyvision. It is in no way common, but does happen.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Akashic,

I'd say that in the interest of the entire population, ghost, aliens, ufo's, are not common occurances. I think that if the world, or at least the believers that also believe in the astral, catoragized these occurances in that way, UFO's are not so mysterious, right?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Akashic,

I'd say that in the interest of the entire population, ghost, aliens, ufo's, are not common occurances. I think that if the world, or at least the believers that also believe in the astral, catoragized these occurances in that way, UFO's are not so mysterious, right?

Well the nature of UFOs is that they will always be unidentifiable. If we identify them to be astral objects, they cease to be UFOs.

Ghosts are the personalities of dead people left in the astral.

new topics

top topics

join