It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we really alone? And does the bible confirm this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Basically this is a take off of my thread in the ufo forum so that we can all feel at ease in allowing the topic to head this way. Below is an excerpt of my posts in the previous thread. Let the games begin!

Originally posted by resistance
Whompa -- Re this verse you put out as a proof above: "I have other sheep, which are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will hear my voice. They will become one flock with one shepherd. John 10:16"

I don't interpret this the same way you do. All this means is that Jesus was going to bring in more sheep into the fold that weren't there yet -- hadn't heard the message yet, weren't born yet, whatever. It's kind of obvious that at that point only a select few were privy to the fact that the Messiah had arrived on Planet Earth. The church expanded by leaps and bounds after Jesus was gone from the scene entirely. (read Acts)

First off I never said it was proof. I said that it would give credibility to the issue that we may not be alone. Why if he was going to bring in other people to this group would he need to say not of this fold?
That saying "of a different fold" denotes a significant difference from the rest of the sheep. You say that it just means people who didnt know or were not born yet ect. If thats the case then why isnt jesus showing back up every 100 years and dying for the people who were not around the last time he was here?

If you read the bible we are all sheep in his fold. I wasnt alive when jesus was crucified but he still died for my sins 2 thousand years before I was born. So no I dont believe that its something as simple as talking about other people in the world. Even in the mormon book it talks about god creating other worlds besides this. So really to think we are the only ones who are of the light of god is the same as the vanity that caused lucifer to fall.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Hi Whompa1

The Apostle and Evangelist John testifies that God's will is for everyone who sees the Son of God to have life eternal, and that the Son of God came and gave us light and understanding to know the true God. In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said: "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God" (Matthew 5:8). When Christ denounces blind Pharisees, He condemns their spiritual blindness to the "Light of the world," that is, Christ, the Messiah.

Jesus Christ spoke in Parables.....most of the time.

The Savior has other sheep, "which are not of this fold," whom he must also bring into the sheepfold, that is, into His Church.
The Lord is speaking here of the Gentiles (since Jews living in the diaspora belonged to "their own fold," to Jewish theocratic society).
According to God's well-known determination, the Gentiles also "will hear" Christ's voice, as the prophets foretold (Micah 4:2, Isaiah 2:3 and others), "and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." No longer will barriers separate the Gentiles from the Jews, the chosen people.
The Good Shepherd and His followers will gather everyone, and His work will be done at the end of time in the conversion to Christ of the "faithful remnant" (Isaiah 10:22, Romans 11:25-26).

www.fatheralexander.org...

The chosen people were the Jews........Jesus Christ said He would allow all to enter life eternal with Him.......To be One fold.....

Are we alone in this Universe?
Well, if we are talking about Aliens,Ufo's and such, then yes we are alone.
But since God created humans,there were Angels that were before the creation of Man.....

From the book of Tobiah in the Old Testament, the Archangel Raphael reveals himself to Tobiah by saying: "I will not hide from you the mystery, when you were praying, you and Sarah, I was lifting your prayers to the Holy One … and now God sent me to heal your wounds …I am Raphael, one of the seven angels who lift the prayers of the saints and serve the Throne of the Holy One" (Tobiah 12:12-15).

"And of the angels he saith, whom maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire" (Hebrew 1:7).

ANGELS

IX
helen

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Hi Helen.

Your going to have to do better then quote a fathers interpertations of scripture. I can look at anything in there and have fit my wants and needs with no problem. Just like I stated in the orginal post. To me it seems as if he is indeed talking of someone not of this world. You see it as jesus talking about gentiles. I believe in god and jesus, I however think that the bible is a horrible thing to use to try and and say "We are alone" As you stated in your post, jesus talks in parables. Which is true. We both could be mis understanding what he is saying all together. Personaly when I look around I find it hard to believ that we are in fact alone. I dont see any reason God would not continue to paint fantastic images on his canvas across the universe.

And in all honesty I dont think the bible should be used as an indicator for this because when you get to the nuts and bolts its nothing but stories that show man how to walk in the light of god.

[edit on 10-10-2005 by Whompa1]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Whompa1

The existence of life on other planets stems from ALIENS.....beings from outer space.
All the hype on aliens and life on other planets started because of the movies......the movies gave the go ahead for the belief in U.f.o's ....prior to television, there was appearances of entities but they were never seen as 'beings from outer space' , but 'spiritual deception' that were caused by demonic deception.....
The appearnce of mermaids..
Appearance of fairies..
Appearance of leprachauns(spelling?)
All are one and the same thing.....
And many more to name......
"In the beginning God created Heaven and earth" (Gen. 1:1), we have the first indication that God created the spiritual world.
Here, in contrast to earth, a substantial world, this world of spirits is called Heaven.
The angels were already present during the creation of the starry skies, which is evidenced by the words of God spoken to Job, "When the stars were created, all My angels sang praises to Me" (Job 38:7).

Quote///
The world of the angels is represented in the Sacred Scriptures as being extraordinarily vast.
When the prophet Daniel saw God the Father in the form of the "Ancient of Days," he also saw that "A thousand thousands ministered to Him; and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him" (Daniel 7:10).
During the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem "a multitude of the heavenly host" extolled His coming to earth (Luke 2:13).

Quote///
Revelation with the following details: "There occurred a war in the heavens. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought against them. However they did not prevail, and there was no room for them in heaven.
The great dragon was cast down, that ancient snake, known as devil and satan … and his angels were also cast down with him" (Revelation 12:7-9). From the initial words of chapter 12 of the book of Revelation, where it is said that the dragon drew after him one third of the stars in heaven (Revelation 12:4), some conclude that at that time Lucifer seduced one third of the angels. These fallen angels are called demons.

That is why the Apostle Peter extols us: "Be sober and watchful, for your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, goes about seeking someone to devour" (1 Peter 5:8).

UNSEEN WARFARE......it is demons waging war against Gods people because of the jelousy that God created man , after the fall of Lucifer,The most highly praised of Angels ''Lucifer'' who said he will be like the most high .....

This verse ''Now the Spirit speaketh expressly that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils'' (I Tim. 4:1)from the Scriptures tells us that in later days, people will readily accept teachings that are foreign to the Truth of the Gospel and accept the teachings of others , which are teachings of the devil....
I say 'Devil' because if he can appear as an angel of light(as scripture tells us)then what is stopping him from appearing as an Alien ,a being from outer space...

Quote///
From the letters of St. Paul (2 Cor. 11:14) to modern times, the writings of the Church describe how these fallen angels masquerade not only as angels of light but also as saints, the Virgin Mary, and Christ Himself....

From ancient times, it has been a custom of the Church to address the angels by means of prayer. Even during the time of the Old Testament, the Hebrews had on top of the Ark of the Covenant, and later in the Holy of Holies, gold portrayals of Cherubim. The Jews used to pray before them. Between these two images of Cherubim, God spoke to Moses. The angels manifest themselves as bearers of God's holiness; that is why it was commanded to Joshua when he saw an angel, "Remove your sandals from your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy" (Exodus 25:18-22; 3 Kings 6:23; Joshua 5:15).

Angels ~messengers of God

Whompa,
The spiritual realm is something which we cannot fully understand until one day it will be made known to us.....Until then, I would rather have Jesus Christ as my Saviour and God, rather then try and understand if there is life on other planets or not .....I mean, what can it benefit me if there is life on other planets?
Anyway, U.F.O's was once a big part of my life and having now understood what ALIENS stood for, I no longer have an interest or the time for them.

helen

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
we are NOT alone in the universe. the book of Enoch talks about fallen angels (giants, nephilim, azazel, jinn). Fallen angels are aliens known as reptilians among other names.

here's a book that talks about the universe and missing teachings of Jesus.

www.urantia.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Instead of stating your opinion, and then linking or quoting texts which also state an opinion, why don't we state what we do know?

We know this: There is no absolute proof to substantiate either that we are the only planet inhabited by sentient life in the universe, or that we are not.

Anything we talk about in this subject is mere speculation, so there is no point in fighting about it....

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Whompa1

The existence of life on other planets stems from ALIENS.....beings from outer space.
All the hype on aliens and life on other planets started because of the movies......the movies gave the go ahead for the belief in U.f.o's ....prior to television, there was appearances of entities but they were never seen as 'beings from outer space' , but 'spiritual deception' that were caused by

Sorry your wrong on this one. Cave men drew flying objects and the classic grey. They called them sprits and faries and such because they didn't know any better. For instance travlers who went to the america didn't think the indians were humans. Thati s becuase they were ignorant to the fact.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth
Sorry your wrong on this one. Cave men drew flying objects and the classic grey. They called them sprits and faries and such because they didn't know any better.

How do you know what cavemen called their drawings? How do you know these drawings were drawn by caveman? How do you know they were not just doodling or drawing birds?

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I am really starting to think that people are blinded by religion. I cant count the number of people on here who think aliens are demons and so on and so forth. Suppose its satan thats pulling the wool of your eyes by getting you to believe that aliens are demons rather then focusing on all the demons walking in front of your face everyday??

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth
Sorry your wrong on this one. Cave men drew flying objects and the classic grey. They called them sprits and faries and such because they didn't know any better. For instance travlers who went to the america didn't think the indians were humans. Thati s becuase they were ignorant to the fact.

Would you please post a link to this? I took a lot of art in college and I have some books on cave paintings and I can say that I have not seen anything that's even remotely a UFO. OR a grey for that matter.

Now, I have seen fakes around and there's some good debunking on this. In fact, one of the common "cave paintings" that is shown is an illustration on the cover of a Russian magazine. The artist is named.

So... could you please give a link?

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
And I'll go so far as to say that the Bible simply doesn't mention a lot of things. What it does talk about is what the people of that time thought about and knew about. There is no credible evidence for UFOs in the Bible, sensationalist tv programs aside.

Yes, I think there's other intelligent civilizations out there (or sentient beings, rather)... they may be too far for us to reach them or vice-versa or they may have lived at some other time.

From what I've seen, the very religious would treat an alien civilization as "demons." This would be particularly true if their philosophy/religion did not seem to support under any interpretation anything that the Bible said.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

Would you please post a link to this? I took a lot of art in college and I have some books on cave paintings and I can say that I have not seen anything that's even remotely a UFO. OR a grey for that matter.

Now, I have seen fakes around and there's some good debunking on this. In fact, one of the common "cave paintings" that is shown is an illustration on the cover of a Russian magazine. The artist is named.

So... could you please give a link?

Here you go...

UFO Artwork

Another UFO Artwork Site

From what I've seen, the very religious would treat an alien civilization as "demons." This would be particularly true if their philosophy/religion did not seem to support under any interpretation anything that the Bible said.

I agree with that.

[edit on 13-10-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
UFO Artwork

Another UFO Artwork Site

I've got some problem with their claims. I did look over the depictions -- the first is rock art, but is not convincing as a UFO. If you squnt real hard, it looks like Marvin the Martian's flying saucer. The tale that they recite is NOT a Southern Paiute or Yokuts legend or any legend of that area.

Number 2 is an absurd fake. The hunters chasing the deer are shown in clothing of two completely different eras, the composition is wrong for Chinese art (apparently done by someone who knew "Chinese" had cloud-thingies and mountain-thingies in their art) and they're using (absurdly) bad drawings of the Buddha to represent alien hunters. Hairstyles are also wrong.

If #3 is an accurate representation (again, we don't see photos or documentation of the original) the second panel is a bride kidnapping.

#4 - again, the real art isn't shown; only a drawing. It doesn't match with the photos of the cave's art:
www.quercy.net...

#5 -- Aha! Photos. No proof, though, and they are presented without respect to the culture.

#6 - That's modern art. Someone put that on the rock recently (how do I know? Well, I study rock art. If you look at the previous page on that site, you can see the difference in the coloring (the fresher a caring is, the whiter/brighter the chipped/carved portion is. On #5, the art on the left is the oldest and the one on the right is newer)

#7 - The left is a fake and the right is probably a fake as well. Appears to be a drawing -- wrong art style for the location and the crude horse (not a zebra, either) indicates a fake. There are no horses or zebras in the Sahara.

#8 - Genuine, though not found in Kiev. The artifact is presented out of context and no evidence it represents anything alien.

9 - That's no petroglyph. It's some sort of drawing and it's not ancient. I googled for "Querato" and there seems to be no references in Spanish to a city or a province of that name. The only English references mention that same UFO site (I could be convinced otherwise)

10 - As a rock art researcher, can I simply mention how tiresome it is to run across "Hey! Look at this weird Indian art! I don't know what these are so they're UFOs!" That panel is of shamans.

11. "Lt Grey"???
No, that's not Aboriginal art. That's just Really Bad Art. The color, themes, and styles are wrong.

12. Those are real, but no evidence they're aliens. Nice examples of the Bichrome style.

13, Genuine, but not associated with aliens.

14. Six whaps with a fish-stick for this one. Those are genuine artifacts, but the ceremonial headdresses are presented as "aliens." We have other artifacts (and writing) from the original culture that indicates they're ceremonial dress and not associated with legends of "men from the stars" etc.

15. (sigh) Can I take the owner of the site out and show him art and artifacts and texts in context? And teach him about art styles?

Sorry for the longish rant. Yes, at one time I did believe those things were true until a book challenged me to go look at the original material and the original culture. The site has a lot of fakes, and the real material is presented out of the cultural and artistic context of the people who made the art.

And the second site's owner needs to take a course in Art history and medieval art. He's labeled a lot of things as UFOs that are not (glories (which he'd know if he learned about Renaissance art), anthropomorphized stars and suns and so forth.)

I agree with that.

[edit on 13-10-2005 by Paul_Richard]

Me too, in fact!

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Degrees of art education and interpretation notwithstanding, I tend to agree that the second link isn't as good as the first one on UFO art.

However, there are lots of intriguing pictures via the UFO Artwork BC link at the first site I referenced:UFO Artwork. Like on pages 2, 6, 7, and 11, 12, 13, and 14.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Groupies:

One of the "duties" of the Messiah (Gk: ho Christos) was to bring back the Lost Sheep from the House of Israel (read Matthew chapter 15 where R. Yehoshua bar Yosef tells a Syrophonecian Gentile "I was not sent to anyone EXCEPT the LOST SHEEP of the HOUSE OF ISRAEL...and "Since when is it right to take the Bread of the Children out of their mouths and cast it to the Dogs under the Table?!!"), which could be positioned to mean the Israelites which were scattered among the Gentiles in the Diaspora since the Assyrian conquests (BC 722 to BC 701) where the ten Tribes suddenly, well, went sort of missing (i.e. deported into various places in the middle east).

Read Trito-Isaiah (Is. chapter 56 through chapter 66) for some of the duties of the Messiah in the last days to bring back those who were exiled abroad. So the 2nd temple Judaeans were looking for their Messiah "in the last days" to bring back "qol Yisroel" (all Israel) to Palestine.

Hence, the adage "the son of man hath sheep that are not of this fold..." would refer to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel scattered among the Goyim (i.e. among the Diaspora).

This context has nothing whatsoever to do with Zeta Reticulans with large black eyes and grey skin terrorising cattle, (or being preached to, for that matter.)

new topics

top topics

join