It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confrontation between Mexican National Gaurd and Minutemen?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Here ya go, the US flag is gone in this image.
www.city-data.com...

Colin Hanna, head of a campaign known as "We Need a Fence." His website advocates creating a fence similar to the one built to separate sections of the West Bank from the rest of Israel–think ditches, barbed wire, concrete–along the U.S. border with Mexico. His handlers say he's already met with several prominent members of Congress and appeared on CNN.
www.weneedafence.com...

DHS tightens the Mexican border

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
That would be so cool! When I graduate could go down and help build the Great Wall of America. There are so many ways to get here legally yet that might take time so better to just come here and work for 2 dollars a day and send it back to Mexico.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think a fence like the one that Spain has built along it Moroccan borders is what we need. They are manned by Spanish national guard troops around the clock. Anyone who is caught trespassing them is atomically boarded on a plane and dropped off on the other side of the border.

Now that is affective, border patrol.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
amen. now mind you, i dont disagree with immigration....this country is basically a melting pot of immigrants from all over the world. but ILLIGAL immigration has to be curtailed.

funny thing is, so many people (including some americans on this site) spend so much of their time griping about how bad it is here, and yet they all want to be here. if its so bad, why do so many risk life and limb to come here?

furthermore (as i step up on my soapbox), if you want so badly to be an american ....LEARN THE DARN LANGUAGE!!!!! i am sooooo sick of having to press one for english in an ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRY!!!

sorry, had to get that off my chest.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   

furthermore (as i step up on my soapbox), if you want so badly to be an american ....LEARN THE DARN LANGUAGE!!!!! i am sooooo sick of having to press one for english in an ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRY!!!

Hmm, I have mixed thoughts that. I agree to a point. However, English being my first and only fluent language, I find it VERY helpful that ATM's everywhere in the world (just about) have the option for english. If not for that my life would be very miserable. I remember a couple years ago I kept entering the amount into the pin# space.....lucky for me the guy next in line spoke english. That was probably the only ATM I have ever came across that did not have english as an option.

[edit on 10/10/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Personally I think it's nothing short of arrogant to move to/visit a foreign country and expect everyone to know YOUR language, and to expect everything to be printed in YOUR language.

I have no problem with individuals knowing more than one language. But I have a problem with our society being, for all intents and purposes, bilingual.

Diversity is divisive.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

Hmm, I have mixed thoughts that. I agree to a point. However, English being my first and only fluent language, I find it VERY helpful that ATM's everywhere in the world (just about) have the option for english. If not for that my life would be very miserable. I remember a couple years ago I kept entering the amount into the pin# space.....lucky for me the guy next in line spoke english. That was probably the only ATM I have ever came across that did not have english as an option.

when i was stationed in italy, i made it a point to try and learn enough of the language to be able to effectively communicate....knowing i was only going to be there for two years, and would probably never use it again. seems to me, if you want to live in a country permanently, you'd want to be fluent in their language. just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

Originally posted by SportyMB

when i was stationed in italy, i made it a point to try and learn enough of the language to be able to effectively communicate....knowing i was only going to be there for two years, and would probably never use it again. seems to me, if you want to live in a country permanently, you'd want to be fluent in their language. just my opinion.

I did the same when I was living in Germany. I didn't learn enough to be fluent in German (I kept moving around the country and had to un-enroll from the classes I was taking to learn German. Doh!) but I learned enough to be able to ask for directions, ask how something was said in German and to be polite (please, thank you, excuse me, etc...)

I don't expect tourists or other visitors to learn English when they come here, but if they are moving here to stay, learn the predominant language. I have a friend who's parents are from Portugal. They've lived here for 30 years and STILL don't speak the language! It drives me absolutely bonkers! And before anyone says that I'm being racist against Portuguese people, I'm the grandson of LEGAL Portuguese immigrants. In fact, they migrated to Brazil first and then to the US because of the quota system at the turn of the century. It was easier to immigrate from Brazil than it was to immigrate directly from Portugal.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
do we need a wall? no we need towers with gunmen. call it what you want I'm sick of it the only way is to show them we aren't playing around. Lets see how many run to the border knowing there are pissed off americans with guns waiting for them to try and live of us for free.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Maybe some of that area 51 technology could be used here. The motion sensors with cameras. Maybe some sort of non-lethal ultra-low frequency bursts to disorient them and liquify their bowels. If there are deserts in the US that citizens cannot cross, why cant that technology secure borders?

Also, has there been any new tunnel discoveries made out there? I remember reading about the drug tunnels somewhere. Anyway, I dont want to see bloodshed at the borders, but if they are persistent, and know the consequences, maybe its suicide.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
Maybe some of that area 51 technology could be used here. The motion sensors with cameras. Maybe some sort of non-lethal ultra-low frequency bursts to disorient them and liquify their bowels. If there are deserts in the US that citizens cannot cross, why cant that technology secure borders?

Also, has there been any new tunnel discoveries made out there? I remember reading about the drug tunnels somewhere. Anyway, I dont want to see bloodshed at the borders, but if they are persistent, and know the consequences, maybe its suicide.
It makes perfect sense to imploy these things to "efectively"police our borders!

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
A wall is just a bad idea, when I think of a wall 2 countries pop in to my head. 1 is comunist and the other is former comunist. If you want to protect the border stop harrasing the people defending there land from illegals and increase the border patrol presence along the border. If a wall can keep people out it can keep them in just the same. What next a wall along our northern border ?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kramthenothing
do we need a wall? no we need towers with gunmen. call it what you want I'm sick of it the only way is to show them we aren't playing around. Lets see how many run to the border knowing there are pissed off americans with guns waiting for them to try and live of us for free.

I'm for that. It's basically an invasion we're experiencing here. And we have every right to stop that invasion.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
What drives me bonkers is the fact that Vicente Fox does nothing to stop his people from coming here illegally, yet Bush does not pressure him to do so. Fox actually prints brochures that are essentially "travel guides" to help the illegals make the trip safely.

Did you hear what Bush calls the illegal aliens? He calls them "Temporary Guest Workers".

GUEST Workers? The way I was brought up, a guest was someone you invited to your home.

Who's doing the inviting here? Bush?
Edit: Typo

[edit on 11-10-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
I'm for that. It's basically an invasion we're experiencing here. And we have every right to stop that invasion.

Wait...

So we have a 'group' of people, who 'invaded' another groups land and then they in turn are angry when people come to their 'country'?

Maybe...just maybe...you should think of it all anotehr way. Removing the need for them to come to the United States in the first place. Why do so many people on this site attempt to treat the symptom instead of the disease?

Also why not cause better record keeping and checks to catch those who pay illegal immigrants? It wouldn't be that hard if the Government bothered and then you remove the ability to pay them less...so it goes to who will work harder and if you can't compete, well that is what happens with Capitalism now isn't it?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Also why not cause better record keeping and checks to catch those who pay illegal immigrants? It wouldn't be that hard if the Government bothered and then you remove the ability to pay them less...so it goes to who will work harder and if you can't compete, well that is what happens with Capitalism now isn't it?

Capitalism and Corporatism also says to exploit cheap labor to increase profitablity and stick the masses with the tax burden.

Key elements of President Bush immigration reform plan:
• A large temporary workers program that would allow more immigrants into the country through special visas that would expire after a specific period of time.

• Give many undocumented workers already in the country legal permission to work but they would be forced to leave after six years. They would be able to apply for re-entry after returning home.

• Stiffer penalties for employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants.

• Increase the number of immigration agents working at the borders and elsewhere to crack down on illegal immigration.

• Erect detention facilities across the nation to hold the undocumented pending deportation.

• Establish a new and faster system to deport those who remain in the country illegally.

McCain-Kennedy have a different idea for the current 10 million illegal aliens, make them all legal residents.

One thing I don't hear on Capital Hill is to build a wall, too simple?

[edit on 11-10-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Wait...

So we have a 'group' of people, who 'invaded' another groups land and then they in turn are angry when people come to their 'country'?

Maybe...just maybe...you should think of it all anotehr way. Removing the need for them to come to the United States in the first place. Why do so many people on this site attempt to treat the symptom instead of the disease?

They come here for economic advantage. The best way to stop them from coming would be to make Mexico as financially attractive as the US. Or to make it very painful to get caught here in the US illegally.

Instead, we give them drivers licenses, in-state tuition rates, free emergency room care, and we still have the anchor baby concept.

If the US would get serious about this problem, then there would be less need for walls and Minutemen. But GWB is dragging his feet, and I don't know why.

It is encouraging to see that the states are taking the initiative in stemming the tide of illegal aliens, because the feds sure aren't doing anything.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   

If the US would get serious about this problem, then there would be less need for walls and Minutemen. But GWB is dragging his feet, and I don't know why.

I agree with you, if its one thing that makes me want to beat Bush over the head for it’s his policy on illegal immigration and border patrol.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with Bush's policy or anyone else's for that matter, the sad fact of the matter is, illegal immiration is good for our country plain and simple. Sure, most people can not realize it now, but they would as soon as tomatoes shot up to three dollars a Lb, or when grapes shot up to ten dollars a Lb.

How about when dear old Grandma doesn't get her social security check, what then? I am sure Americans would notice then. Oh what does S.S have to do with illegal immigration? Well, how about the untold, and unreported billions that get siphoned into our system via their paychecks, and stolen S.S numbers?

How about the untold billions that get siphoned back into our economy via rental rates, mortgages, taxes, retail sales, etc, etc? How about the untold numbers that are kept from invading our borders only because of the income sent to them from illegal spouses already here? Let's not think about that, no.

Until people are willing to wake up and realize what illegal immigration is paying for, and who is allowing it, then we will never be able to have a realistic conversation about it. Nevermind the fact that projected population rates place "them"and their legal American descendants as the majority in U.S population by the year 2050, that has nothing to do with peoples fears what so ever, of course not...

Oh yeah, to keep this on topic...Let's hope that the mexican national forces do not get involved here, after all, we know who's pockets they are in. As soon as these weekend warriors start interrupting the mexican mob's, and the U.S government's shipments, people will start to die. Hopefully the U.S government will step in and set up some smokescreen before that happens though, let's see.

[edit on 11-10-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
There are two options you have to deal with illegal immigrants.

The first of these is to punish them for being poor, for their nations lacking jobs and them being forced into a situation where they have to work to feed themselves and their family and America is an easy option.

The second is you punish anyone who abuses their cheap labour. You implement a system where businesses caught exploiting illegal immigrants are severely punished. You do not cause problems on the individual bases but make sure they have to employ everyone at a decent wage - one which will eliminate the cheap labour and thus the jobs won’t be given to non-American’s.

If you stick with the first it will cause so many more problems. It is unfair and it is morally wrong to harm someone or kill someone on the basis that they are starving and trying to get a better life. I would put money on the Founding Father’s hating the rampant abuse that exists now and how immigrants are treated when the American people themselves are technically immigrants and only became American when they were born in the land. However what is worse, is the amount of people who wish to see their children not classified as American [United States of] because of where their father/mother comes from. If I was you and you have such a strong belief that this is wrong, I would renounce your American Citizenship and get your ass back over to Europe because you are not the Nation’s first people and thus are the children of immigrants…like it or not, you are the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join