It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China now has 837.9 Bil of forex reserve

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
As usual, any mention of China's rising prosperity is greeted with... attacks on China. Wouldn't the more productive thing to do be to look at one's own country and ask, why are we selling bonds to China to begin with? Personally, I'm more concerned about the state of America's economy than Chinas. China and Japan are financing American overspending, and this situation can only last so long. I'd like to know what we are doing to change our own economy to make it more competetive with Chinas.

-koji K.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
China is going to be hurting if the Western world decides India with 700 million people can do the work that China can.
You can see this happening with US-India military ties starting to build.

Dont me me laugh with this.

India is more a threat to america than china is. Indian workers go for the white collar jobs which employies the majority of americans. All the americans are doing now is passing laws protecting industries which died out long ago.

China buys almost as much as it sells. the only big problem is america because chinese dont like american products(inferior products).

If chinas economy falters many others will to. westen companies have large investments in china.

China is building up domestic demand. In the next 10-20 years half the chiense population will enter the middle class. this increase will cause demand to out-strip production, And the reliance china had on the rest of the world is dramaticly gone.

China will experience an economic correction much like Japan did.
Doesn't everyone remember how Japan was going to rule the economic world?

The japanese economy only falter because of america. If you dont know why then dont respond.

Chinas problem is they are completely dependent on their adversary. Without the US, their economy goes to hell. Without China, the US moves to the next cheapest labor. Not such a big deal.

China is the only country which can produce things quickly and cheaply.

Its quailty is un-matched by any developing country. Americans are in debt and then top it off by more expensive goods.

Know you add the two together and you know what you get.

A middle class population which is flooding in debt.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
China is blessed with an abundance of cheap labor if you do not count the PLA gulags which bring the term "cheap labor" to a whole new meaning.

But how long can it offer such? As you and many of the other Propaganda mongers have pointed out, China seems to be the land of milk and honey with improvements happening every day. So as your huge workforce ages, then what? Population controlls has slowed the out of controll groth, but also means fewer young people avalible to provide the goods at a cut throat rate.

While oil is everybodies weakspot, what about food? The huge ramp up in industrial capacity and production has impacted the environement quite a bit a fact that has the CCP trying to toughen standards. THis also is and will impact the production of food. How do you feed that many people? You import, import, import.

China will remain an economic power, but once the cheap labor dwindles another area will take over and undercut China. Yep, Africa is ripe to become the next industrial area with ultra cheap labor.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
China is blessed with an abundance of cheap labor if you do not count the PLA gulags which bring the term "cheap labor" to a whole new meaning.

Chinese prisons are worse than soviet era ones?

A new meaning. lol. a lot more user friendly.

But how long can it offer such? As you and many of the other Propaganda mongers have pointed out, China seems to be the land of milk and honey with improvements happening every day. So as your huge workforce ages, then what? Population controlls has slowed the out of controll groth, but also means fewer young people avalible to provide the goods at a cut throat rate.

For a long time yet.

China economy is going to be still export driven but its then going to develop the service sector. i see i big boom in chinas health care

Chinas still have about 50years worth of people power. then i forsee robots doing most of the manufracturing.

While oil is everybodies weakspot, what about food? The huge ramp up in industrial capacity and production has impacted the environement quite a bit a fact that has the CCP trying to toughen standards. THis also is and will impact the production of food. How do you feed that many people? You import, import, import.

The answer to thats is

GM foods. they can grow in a lot more areas, use less water and grows larger and faster.

When chinas baby boom generation passes away it paves a new generation of chinese with a higher knowledge base. People with a lot more higher education.

Also leaves a lot less strain on chinas resources

China will remain an economic power, but once the cheap labor dwindles another area will take over and undercut China. Yep, Africa is ripe to become the next industrial area with ultra cheap labor.

And chinese manufractures will move to africa. then it will be chinas turn as the consumer.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Hmmm. perhaps. GM modified crops only work if you have ariable land to grow them on. WHile the 3 Gorges dam will help by preventing flooding in China's breadbasket, there still are way to many mouths to feed.

Healthcare by and large is a dead in industry for profits and if you consider that ALL the worlds heathcare systems / retirement are in trouble I would not want to bet my future on it.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Hmmm. perhaps. GM modified crops only work if you have ariable land to grow them on. WHile the 3 Gorges dam will help by preventing flooding in China's breadbasket, there still are way to many mouths to feed.

Most of the north doesn't have enough water to grow crops. china is now sending water from the south to the north.

It will increase ariable land.

China is not lacking in ariable land but the north is lacking the water to grow things with.

Healthcare by and large is a dead in industry for profits and if you consider that ALL the worlds heathcare systems / retirement are in trouble I would not want to bet my future on it.

Not bet my hopes on health care but partically brightfuture in china.

The service sector as a whole is going to be expanded

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
here is a links about it.

chinese
www.chinagate.com.cn...

Or western
www.water-technology.net...

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
there might be a link here somewhere in the peoples daily I haven't explored it much lately.

english.people.com.cn...

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
And just for you to know AMM, India has a population of 1.1 billion but their country's size is only a fraction of China's (one third). India has a 59.5% literacy rate while China has a 90.9% literacy rate. India is truly the country that has to import all the food when compared to China. China is mostly self sustainable while India.......You get the point.

The big problem is China doesn't have a population crisis, India does and India shall be in ruins from its population.

Links:
www.odci.gov... India's facts

www.odci.gov... China's facts

[edit on 16-10-2005 by COWlan]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
english.people.com.cn...

Hmm interesting here's a promising article. I shell take more time to brose this site.

As for the Chinese spies, Chinawhite look around little harder on the net I’m sure you'll find the info on spies in Canada. We're all human beings here, we all come into this world kicking and screaming.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I think China realizes this problem and thats why they are hoping genetically engineered rice will help solve this problem. Shrinking acreage, falling water tables and a population that is expected to grow significantly beyond 1.3 billion could make food a very big problem.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Interesting thread.

A big problem no one has brought up yet is unemployment.

Most Western sources put the number at around 150 million.

The official Chinese number is 4.7% unemployment, but most analysts put the real figure at 8-10%, and some as high as 15-17%.

A survey of five large cities conducted by the University of Michigan and the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences found that unemployment rose overall from 7.2 percent to 12.9 percent between 1996 and 2001. The unemployment rates in places like mining towns, which are dependent on just a few industries, is probably as high as 40 percent.

This brings up another very interesting point. With 150 million out of work, the Chinese government must be very efficient at destroying any hint of an uprising.

Source

migration.ucdavis.edu...

english.epochtimes.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Any Communist government is, just look at how completely the Red Army (Russian one) stamped out any possibly trace of any of the partisan movements when they entered Eastern Europe.

An uprising requires I think we things,

-Leaders
-Soldiers
-material

As it is if a government can prevent an uprising from forming just by denying a would be resistence movement these three things, without them an uprising is impossible to succeed.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
We badly need another World War!!! So people can stop wineing and let actions tell who kick ass.

wohoooooooooo... rise your hand if you want another world war.

[edit on 16-10-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I hope your not friggin serious.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Middle Kingdom
I hope your not friggin serious.

What... war is good, well thats what we humans are good at so... ATTACK!!!

p.s. i bet i can beat you in chess

llike chess, war is hell.

wait does that make sense?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
p.s. i bet i can beat you in chess

I'll vs you

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan
And just for you to know AMM, India has a population of 1.1 billion but their country's size is only a fraction of China's (one third). India has a 59.5% literacy rate while China has a 90.9% literacy rate.

What does ANY of this have to do with them producing Americas goods instead of China? Nothing, absolutely nothing.

I say again, without the US and it's money, China is screwed. What happens when the US, and every one of it's western allies decide that India, or Africa (as FredT pointed out) can do it's labor for them? What then? China will have litterally tens of millions (maybe even hundreds) of people without jobs.

Not only that, but then the realestate market crashes because all of that industrial land doesn't have any use.

India is truly the country that has to import all the food when compared to China. China is mostly self sustainable while India.......You get the point.

I never mentioned food. Not once. I used them as one (of many) examples of where the US could move it's cheap labor trade to. When that happens, and it will if China continues to try and challange US supremecy, the Chinese economy will be destroyed.

The big problem is China doesn't have a population crisis, India does and India shall be in ruins from its population.

Excuse me?

If there is no population crisis in China, why the population control.

This statement is laughable at best.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   

What does ANY of this have to do with them producing Americas goods instead of China? Nothing, absolutely nothing.

Exactly, nothing.

The reason is that he wasn't replying to you

I say again, without the US and it's money, China is screwed.

And china releases it US bonds and Cash reserves.

China is buying your debt.

What happens when the US, and every one of it's western allies decide that India, or Africa (as FredT pointed out) can do it's labor for them? What then? China will have litterally tens of millions (maybe even hundreds) of people without jobs.

Because economics dont work like that.

China is building up her domestic demand. soon (ten years) chian will have 300million-400million middle class workers.

In the future china is not going to have a shortage of customers. but manufractures that cant keep up with demand

I never mentioned food. Not once. I used them as one (of many) examples of where the US could move it's cheap labor trade to. When that happens, and it will if China continues to try and challange US supremecy, the Chinese economy will be destroyed.

Egotistic aren't cha

Excuse me?
If there is no population crisis in China, why the population control.

This statement is laughable at best.

Their is no crisis because of the population control.

[edit on 19-10-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Also if America and the Western allies decide to sop trading then we appeal to WTO and each every single nation that goes against WTO has to then pay for the cost of not trading with China.

Also, China has been investing fortunes into quality control you buy from China because that not only is it cheaper but because the quality is higher.

As it is with a higher literacy rate China can much more easily keep up with technology (esp hardware) India while it is best with software and writes Microsoft products can't compete as fast or as well in the long term despite its higher english speaking population.

Next, war is expensive and never benefits nations see the first world war and its effect on politics.

Also, the #1 reason why the west won't decide to stop trading with China and replace it with India is because India does not have the capacity to produce exactly the same amount as India, at the same or lower price nor has the ability to export it with the same quality of services, you truly lack an understanding of economics.

But nevertheless, Chinawhite you can have the floor I think you do better with the economic arguement that I can do.

[edit on 19-10-2005 by The Middle Kingdom]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join