It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possiable prank in the bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
In the book of exodus in the bible Moses sees a "burning bush" and it talked to him. How can he be so sure that it was God? When you think about it, the fire may have been caused by the suns heat, then people saw him going up the mountain, hid behind the bush and started to talk! Anyone have other opinions on this?

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
that wouldn't explain the following miricles

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
that's the worst prank ever

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by speight89
In the book of exodus in the bible Moses sees a "burning bush" and it talked to him. How can he be so sure that it was God? When you think about it, the fire may have been caused by the suns heat, then people saw him going up the mountain, hid behind the bush and started to talk! Anyone have other opinions on this?

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Speight: First and foremost you must keep in mind that the Bible, even though steeped with history, is a book of faith. The burning bush was just one incident of God's communication with Moses. Historically, Moses was chosen by God. That is history. Moses has been documented as one of the great Biblical leaders. If one disputes the burning bush then every occurrence in the Bible should be disregarded as a prank.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
not everyone Mysterious57 because it is possiable that they DID escape from Egypt, but why would they want to do that when historians have proved that they lived in luxury and not hardship, they ate the finest foods of that time and not scraps.

How can the bible even be regarded as historical context when most of it has been edidited in some way or another?

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Quite honestly I believe the whole bible to be a prank, written to fool people to make them believe in some groups beliefs. To go against the leaders of egypt and other great kings of the time.

Today if I was to go to a mountain top and said i spoke to a burning bush that claimed it was god, people would say I have gone crazy and say i would need some type of help.

You tell me, why do people believe that some man can talk to a bush then and not be crazy but now he would be a raging lunatic?

I guess some christian would say it is faith Hahaha!

cmon tell me something better than that!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
isn't there a proverb that goes he who wins the war writes the history books

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by speight89
not everyone Mysterious57 because it is possiable that they DID escape from Egypt, but why would they want to do that when historians have proved that they lived in luxury and not hardship, they ate the finest foods of that time and not scraps.

Egyptians used the hebrews as SLAVES. It was the engyptians that had luxury and the finest foods. Or maybe you think it is a good idea to kill all the boys that were born?

Exodus 1:11-14 So they (egyptians) put slave masters over them (hebrews) to oppress them with forced labor, and they built Pithom and Rameses as store cities for Pharaoh. But the more they were oppressed, the more they multiplied and spread; so the Egyptians came to dread the Israelites and worked them ruthlessly. They made their lives bitter with hard labor in brick and mortar and with all kinds of work in the fields; in all their hard labor the Egyptians used them ruthlessly.

Exodus 1: 22 Then Pharaoh gave this order to all his people: "Every boy that is born (to the hebrews) you must throw into the Nile, but let every girl live."

Many historians do use the Bible as a source of history

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Please don't tell me this is where GW gets the idea he is the voice of God!?!
He is a bush and he talks though. But would God say the things he does?

top topics

join