It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know you live in the South when.........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   

You know every single NASCAR driver by their name, nickname, or both!

You see a firetruck coming up from behind, and when they pass you going to whatever it is they are going to, they play "Dixie" horn on the airhorn!

You get held up at a railroad crossing for twenty minutes because the train crew wants something to eat.

You can hear a train coming for miles both during the day and night.

You see an old caboose sitting in your neighbors front yard

the number of cars that decorate your front lawn outnumbers the amount you can actually drive.

You meet your cop neighbor while he's got you pulled over for a busted taillight. (I swear this actually happend to me and my dad!)

When the number of rusted ol' pickup trucks in one area equal the same amounts of Flea Markets that your relatives from up north passed coming down here.

You see more people at a church on Sunday morning than you see at a bar on Monday Night.

and might I add these two things.......

You might not belong in the South if you don't know where the Mason-Dixon Line is.

You might not belong in the South because there are no radio stations that play that rap crap. A majority of the stations here either play Country, Rock & Roll, or Southern Gospel.

You might also not like living in the South after we catch you burning an American flag. If anyone of us sees you burning the flag, you better tuck tail and run because we gonna be a kickin' something!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
You know you're living in the South when, when it snows, everything shuts down, there's a run on bread and milk, and there are a ton of fender-benders.

(I'm a Yankee.)

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
That is so true Amethyst.

I live in Tennessee and when it snows even an inch, schools are canceled, people refuse to drive, and all kinds of related problems occure.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Yeah, we're apparently not that good at driving on iced-over roads.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Yeah, we're apparently not that good at driving on iced-over roads.

Speak fur yosef lowlanders!!!

top topics

join