It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next step uranium enrichment: Iranian FM

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
NR

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
By 2-4 months Natanz will be fully operational and we will finnally start!!
i'm going to laugh hard on westpoints face and even harder for the other 20 nuclear power plants that are going to be built.

TEHRAN - Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said Friday that the next step by Iran in its nuclear programme is to start the uranium enrichment process in the Natanz plant in central Iran.

www.expatica.com...

Russia may build seven more nuclear plants in Iran at US $10 billion

Head of the Russian Federation`s Atomic Energy Agency Alexander Rumyantsev said on Saturday that Russia may construct seven other nuclear power plants in Iran.

Speaking to Ria-Novosti news agency, he said the total cost of the projected power plants has been estimated at US $10 billion.

www.energybulletin.net...

A senior Iranian MP has said Tehran is considering building 20 new nuclear power stations in the coming years.
Kazema Jalali, who heads the foreign affairs committee, said during a visit to Moscow that Iran's government would study a proposal backed by parliament.

He said he hoped Russia and other countries would contribute.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 7-10-2005 by NR]

[edit on 7-10-2005 by NR]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
You seemed happy.

I wouldn't be suprise if Iran becomes the next target for the RIGHTEOUS AND JUST American led Forces.

Hmm, seemed weird that Russia didn't have anything much to comment on whether the Irans are making nukes or just plain nuke-powered plant for peaceful use.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
NR, you seem happy...dont you know that Iran's defiance will its downfall?

NR

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mudja

why wouldnt i be happey? if you were persian than you be doing the same
about time and third is to be built after this winter.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR

Originally posted by Mudja

why wouldnt i be happey? if you were persian than you be doing the same
about time and third is to be built after this winter.

i have a question...and its a serious one...not trying to be sarcastic or anything:

why exactly do you need nuclear power if (as you have said before) your country is not planning on making nuclear bombs? you are sitting on one of the largest oil reservoirs in the world.

furthermore, why would your country turn down offers of help from the EU in building nuclear power stations that are not capable of being used to build weapons? if your intentions are truelly peaceful, why be so adamant about the type of nuclear power?

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well, Im going to laugh when the drop a 500-ilb bomb on it and spread radiation everywhere....

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
why exactly do you need nuclear power if (as you have said before) your country is not planning on making nuclear bombs? you are sitting on one of the largest oil reservoirs in the world.

look through some other Iran topics and you will see each time this question is asked
there is a perfect answer

2nd page
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
everyone dances around the issue of the type of power....still havent heard a good response as to why they have to have nuclear power that is capable of allowing them to build weapons.

and i would like to here NR's response...he's iranian...lets hear it from the horses mouth so to speak.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Ok, but don't cry in my face when B-2’s start flying toward those nuclear facilities.
Remember, it’s whoever has the last laugh.

NR

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Ok, but don't cry in my face when B-2’s start flying toward those nuclear facilities.
Remember, it’s whoever has the last laugh.

alright its a bet than, dam i cant wait till i see the look on your face.

[edit on 8-10-2005 by NR]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Unless you can see through a computer screen that would be impossible, but I’m glad you’re at least in a happy mood.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
ok, so you'll respond to the smart remark from westpoint, but you wont answer my legitimate question? sounds like you guys are looking for a fight to me.

again NR, i'll ask you...why do you need nuclear plants that can provide you with fissionable material, when you were offered light water reactors?

unless you respond i can only assume that your country does indeed intend to build nuclear weapons.

NR

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

ok, so you'll respond to the smart remark from westpoint, but you wont answer my legitimate question? sounds like you guys are looking for a fight to me.

again NR, i'll ask you...why do you need nuclear plants that can provide you with fissionable material, when you were offered light water reactors?

unless you respond i can only assume that your country does indeed intend to build nuclear weapons.

dam man calm down, look every single country needs nuclear energy even us because obviously our oil is not going to last forever so if we make those nuclear plants now than it would be better for us and would give us even more time, so you see how the system works?

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
ok, i understand that concept, but why is it that you have to have heavy water reactors from which you can build nuclear weapons when you were offered light water reactors for free? the only reason i can see is an intention to build weapons. whats your answer to that?

NR

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

ok, i understand that concept, but why is it that you have to have heavy water reactors from which you can build nuclear weapons when you were offered light water reactors for free? the only reason i can see is an intention to build weapons. whats your answer to that?

why not built heavy water reactors? besides we werent even offered free light water reactors we had to buy them and even nuclear fuel from U.S and they can only be in charge of them including our nuclear power plants, meaning we wont have any self-sufficent in nuclear tech. No country wants to be dependent on others which i felt the deal EU gaved to us was such a ripp off.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
see, thats what im talking about...i did not know that the offer came with those kind of restrictions. if you dont answer questions, we stay misinformed....thank you for the response.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Heavy water reactors are more difficult to built, more complex to maintain, cost more, and don't offer any more advantages except they can produce plutonium and tritium.
Even if Iran did not want to rely on others for their nuclear plants why not build the cheaper, less complex, light water reactor on their own? Unless of course they are after the weapons grade material.

Sep

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Obviously we can wait for NR to respond but as an Iranian I will give my theory. Now I am obviously no expert on this issue so please correct me if I am wrong in any aspect of my view.

Iran is currently building a light water reactor in Bushehr. The West is currently contending that Iran should not be allowed to make the fuel for this reactor, because light water reactor's fuel, uranium 235, needs to be enriched to around 10% (I have to check on that, its just off the top of my head). Enrich it to 90% and you have a good old fashion bomb. The EU is now offering to sell Iran light water reactors, which it already has, and stop Iran from making its fuel, rather selling the fuel (which is by the way over-priced and Iran has already offered that if it is allowed to enrich Uranium it will sell it for 30% less than what the EU is offering). So in 1990s Iran started testing plans to construct heavy water reactors. This type of reactor is fuelled by natural uranium, which is not required to be enriched. However the downside to this is that it produces high quality plutonium. So the West has instructed Iran to destroy this plant, destroy uranium enrichment facilities and import fuel, making more money and more jobs in Europe and destroying the knowledge that Iran has worked towards for the last 20 years. Now to some, this may sound like a good deal, but to me this sounds like the good old Europeans trying to make money by putting down another country.

[edit on 9-10-2005 by Sep]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Let's presume Iran is building a bomb (or bombs).

Every country that has conquered this has done it on its on. Hell, Pakistan did it, and there was an outcry, but they werent invaded. With so much hostility towards it, Iran needs a card. Its military is less than reasonable, but if it has a nuke, it has a playing card. The other M.E. nations dont denounce Iran because they know they will be next, and Iran is like its bodyguard. I would support the creation of nuclear weapons as a defensive measure. Why else did America and Russia build nukes? To defend against the attack by the like. We know the White House is planning to use preemptive nuclear strikes, but the question is: Will Bush enter the launch codes if he knows that Iran has a similar weapon?

He would be out of his mind to do so.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Heavy water reactors are more difficult to built, more complex to maintain, cost more, and don't offer any more advantages except they can produce plutonium and tritium.
Even if Iran did not want to rely on others for their nuclear plants why not build the cheaper, less complex, light water reactor on their own? Unless of course they are after the weapons grade material.

Umm, have you researched the fuel?

Thats the reason. Not everything is about war.

Stop spouting off on how the B2 is gonna bomb this and that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join