It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auspicious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
A feng shui consultant friend recently suggested I change the decor/ambience of my b.r. This they say would be most auspicious.

A few colorful pics substituted by insepia pics combined with an overall milder palette encompassing the entire room, with more soft whites & billowy textures but leaving the main furniture intact (otherwise that could get expensive & inconvenient). Besides, the main pcs are classic & are adaptable to most changes in surrounding color & decor.

The result is certainly more relaxing. More interestingly, the texture of the dreams I've been having as result have also changed. You guessed it. Dreaming insepia. LOL.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I agree with the whole "feng shui" thing not only for every room in the home, but also for the office, the vehicle, your clothing- pretty much everything! And even though having mostly muted/softer colours can be calming and clearing for the mind, I would add something in the royal colour because the royal blues, purples and reds are extremely powerful and when done so properly or not overdone(if you know what I mean) then the colour/item becomes the focal powerpoint of the entire room.

Also another interesting thing I heard/read about decorating for power and balance is decorating in 3's. For example 3 pics on the wall, 3 items located together in the shape kind of like a pyramid. I hope that made sense how I explained that LOL!

Anyway, I love decorating and hearing others' decorating styles and techniques!

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
feng shui is meaningless its the state of mind that counts if you think this will help then it will if you don't then it won't

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
Also another interesting thing I heard/read about decorating for power and balance is decorating in 3's. For example 3 pics on the wall, 3 items located together in the shape kind of like a pyramid.

That's very interesting magestica. When I got my br redesigned, I was looking at a 3-pic layout to possibly put on one of my br walls.

Thanks for the added tip!

top topics

join