It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Brazilian Psychic Lays Claim To $25 Million Saddam Information Reward

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
A Brazilian psychic who claims the US government owes him the $25 million dollar reward for information leading to the capture of Saddam Hussein has taken his case to Brazil's second highest court. The psychic, Jucelino da Luz alleges that he supplied information to the US administration that provided them with the precise location ( A tiny cellar in a farmhouse near Tikrit) and the exact hole that Saddam was later found hidden in by the US military forces. If the court upholds his claim it will then be sent via diplomatic channels through to the US State Department.

www.news.com.au
A BRAZILIAN court will consider a psychic's claim that the US Government owes him a $US25 million ($32 million) reward for information he says he provided on the hiding place of ousted Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.

Brazil's second-highest court, the Superior Court of Justice, decided today the Brazilian justice system could rule on the matter and told a court in the psychic's home state of Minas Gerais to judge the case.

The lower court had earlier told Jucelino Nobrega da Luz it could not take up his claim and it would have to be judged in the US, but the higher tribunal ruled otherwise.

"The Minas Gerais court will work with the claim," a spokesman for the Superior Court of Justice said.

"His lawyers attest that the author has an uncommon gift of having visions of things that will come to pass. ... Via dreams, he sees situations, facts that will happen in the future," a court statement said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If it is proven that this man in fact did supply the US miltary with the details claimed, then he has a good base with which to lay claim to the massive reward. I would say though, that even had he sent the exact information to the military that they would have dismissed it and concentrated on their own efforts and intelligence.

[edit on 7-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Reminds me of Remote viewing. I wonder if Bin Laden has ANTI- PSYCHIC mirrors on him, that they can't see where he's at?

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Bin Laden: "Get me the tin-foil hat boys..."

Likely he did give them information, someone had to have done it. Odd that they wouldn't give the money though - maybe, he is psychic and didn't send them the info but knows his case will win?

If it doesn't, won't that show he isn't one?

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
In order to win he is going to have to prove he sent the US the information and also prove they received it.

I think he is just a kook trying to make a fast buck, simply because he has waited so long to make this known to the public.:shk:

CX

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Whilst i can understand why the guy wants to pursue his reward, if indeed it is his, i'm not sure i'd want this much publicity over the matter.
I'm sure there will be many out there wanting to give him a pat on the back for what he did in revealing the whereabouts of Saddam, however i'm pretty sure there will be plenty with more negative intentions for this guy who would love to find out his identity!

I think i'd be spending the majority of that reward on a Kevlar cocoon to hide away in for the rest of my life.

CX.

[edit on 7-10-2005 by CX]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Whilst i can understand why the guy wants to pursue his reward, if indeed it is his, i'm not sure i'd want this much publicity over the matter.

A "psychic" who doesn't want publicity? It's more plausible that this is nothing but a publicity stunt. Merely by bringing the case, he will have a lifetime of suckers paying him good money for psychic advice, even if the case is laughed out of court.

apc

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'm psychic.

I'm a great palm reader.

Get this guy over to me... I'll tell him his future.

*holds his hand* ... "I see... I see... wait flip it over."

"I see... The back of a hand!"

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Personally, I feel the psychic would have to present documentation, regarding his submittal of information the the US Gov./Mil. (i.e. certified, return-receipt, etc.), to even stand a chance at laying claim to the reward.

If I remember correctly there are a few threads/news stories here on ATS regarding the whole "rabbit hole" capture as merely another photo-op/media parade.

ATSNN-Saddam?s capture: was a deal brokered behind the scenes?
WAR: Pentagon Denies Saddam's Capture Staged

As for US Government interest in, use of and desire for physic abilities/visions/remote viewing, etc. here's a quickie, although even with the slightest Google you can find hoards of info regarding said topic.

"Is it real? The answer is yes. Does it work 100 percent of the time? The answer is no," says Col. John Alexander, a retired Army intelligence officer now living in Las Vegas. "We've had some spectacular hits and some spectacular misses."

"We used remote viewers to try and locate Saddam during Desert Storm," Alexander says. "The problem for 'the unit' was that Saddam moved around so much, staying in a different place every night, slipping around Baghdad in Winnebagos or whatever. And there is a time lag involved, so even though remote viewers might find out where Saddam was hiding at a given moment, he would likely be gone by the time we targeted that location with cruise missiles."

According to published reports, remote viewers had more success during Desert Storm in helping to locate hidden Scud missiles, as well as stashes of chemical and biological weapons.

LINK

IMO if the man can "prove" he led them to the "rabbit hole" then he should get his money. Though I feel he has as much a chance as someone winning the Powerball.

Good Luck! Mr. Nobrega da Luz
and by the way

could you help me out with tomorrow night's Powerball #s

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If anyone should get the award, its the kurdish soldiers that did indeed capture him...it was not widely reported at the time but Saddam was orginally captured by a group of kurdish soldiers who then contacted US forces but we didn't want him turned over to us we to capture him ourselves so it was the Kurds who put him in that little hole (ever wonder how the rug was pulled over the trap door? The kurdish soldiers who put him there put it in place) and the Americans went in and "found him". Of course odds on favorite is that hte grunts who went in thought that they were going in blind and never knew it was all set up for them....just like the "rescue" of Pvt. Lynch was a dramatic work as well....the Iraqi Doctors were contacted by the Americans and they were told come on you can have her but for morales sake they staged a "dramatic night time raid" when they could have rung the doorbell and gone on in as it were. Thats the Bush administration for ya...if reality doesn't cooperate just stage something....still think that thanksgiving visit was done by a double. Bush doesn't have the cojones to have put himself in that much danger.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
He could peer into the mystical future and see where hussein was, but didn't see that he wouldn't get the money eh?

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Personally, I feel the psychic would have to present documentation, regarding his submittal of information the the US Gov./Mil. (i.e. certified, return-receipt, etc.), to even stand a chance at laying claim to the reward.

More importantly, he/she would have to prove that it was the psychic information that led to the find rather than other intelligence.

new topics

top topics

join