It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deleware Supreme Court Gets It Right

page: 1

join
share:
df1

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

DOVER, Del. - In a decision hailed by free-speech advocates, the Delaware Supreme Court on Wednesday reversed a lower court decision requiring an Internet service provider to disclose the identity of an anonymous blogger who targeted a local elected official.

LINK< br />

This sounds like good news for forum posters and bloggers. According to the article the fact that Deleware supremes supported the anonymity of the poster bodes well for similar cases that may arise in other states.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
yup, he's got every right to say whatever he wants, and i'd die to defend that right. course, he's also a sniveling coward for hiding behind his anonymity. if youre going to attack someone, be a man and admit to it.

df1

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
yup, he's got every right to say whatever he wants, and i'd die to defend that right. course, he's also a sniveling coward for hiding behind his anonymity. if youre going to attack someone, be a man and admit to it.

You've just called this a guy sniveling coward using an the anonymous name of snafu7700. According to your own standard, unless you reveal your real name and contact information you are also a sniveling coward.

I can't stop laughing.

Come on now, be man.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
yeah, but i didnt directly attack anybody, now did i?

df1

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

yeah, but i didnt directly attack anybody, now did i?

Well it seems quite direct to me.

he's also a sniveling coward... [emphasis added by df1]

Could you give me an example of how you would directly insult someone?

But hey don't take it personal. Most folks on ATS leave me shaking my head in disbelief, whereas you gave me a good laugh. Heck I almost voted you Way Above" for that reason alone.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
lmao...why thank you df...glad to have amused you.

but seriously, people attack each other all the time on these forums. but this particular person was asked to come forward by the party that he attacked.

i dont know about you, but i wouldnt say anything here that i wouldnt say in the real world. what i do for a living comes with a security clearance, and i am not about to jeopordize my job and my life by going on some stupid rant, even under the cover of anonymity....especially under the cover of anonymity.

if im gonna say it to you here, you can bet i'd be man enough to say it to your face real world.

now, i recognize that not all people have the intestinal fortitude to have these same convictions. thats what separates men from cowards.

and incidently, if you want to know who i am and what i do, send me a U2U...i'll be more than happy to share....nothing to hide here.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
So, you all are saying it is acceptable to lie?

Roper

[edit on 7-10-2005 by Roper]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
im sorry roper, but i did not understand the question....the last two words made no sense....try again please.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I changed it.

There are two things I must stop doing. Posting in the AM before I have had my 1/2 pot of coffee and posting right after I get home from work.

Roper.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
hehe...i feel your pain roper....before two cups of coffee, im pretty much worthless....

anyway, back to the subject....from what ive read, nobody has said anything about lying. the issue is whether or not you should have to back up what you say online with real world info. he says you should not have to give up your name, and i agree; but i feel like that the guy has no backbone if he doesnt (of course, this is just my humble opinion. constitutionally, he has no obligation to give up any info)....where does lying come into it?

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Correct, no one has said anything about lying.

Here is the quote."yup, he's got every right to say whatever he wants, and I'd die to defend that right".

Whatever he wants could very well = lying.

It seem like to me that we are living in a time that people have no honor.

There are some people that I wouldn't die for.

Your take?

Roper

[edit on 8-10-2005 by Roper]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
i see what your saying...but still, he has a right to say whatever he wants....of course if he's just telling lies, then whoever he's lying about has a right to bring charges of slander....if he can prove who actually said it.

which is why i said he's a coward....if he truelly believes in what he's saying, then just come out and say it openly...let everyone know who you are if you believe in your convictions.....especially if the guy your talking about asks you to come forward.

top topics

join