It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: God Told Bush to Invade Iraq and Afghanistan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Two possibilities that I think are equally as probable:

1) Bush just used "God" as something to further his agenda...

2) Bush truly was told by "God" to invade Iraq

Let me explain #2. If you study the biblical old testament, you will see that "God" was very destructive, wrathful, vengeful, and full of hate. www.skepticsannotatedbible.com...

I'll tell you why, because the "God" of the old testament was actually a collection of "alien" entities that wanted control of the people. Read the old testament with an unbiased mind and it will be clear to you. Note that in that time, anything that moved in the sky or seemed like a great power was referred to as "God." Anything "foreign" would be said to be "God."

Bush may very well be recieving messages from "God." These would be the same entities that have been ordering destruction throughout our history by manipulating ignorant people. If one night you heard an ET sounding voice saying, "This is god! I order you to _____" ... if you are ignorant enough in ways of true spirituality and reason, you bet you would listen, believe, and follow through...

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Be warned, many here may tolerate your blasting of Bush, but when stepping on beliefs and convictions, you should consider treading more carefully.

Oh thats interesting, Considering they say that Bin Laden stated that Allah or whatever tf his god is to blow up the NYC on 9/11, yet people make fun of him..

Now when the tables are turned its not a good thing???

wtf is wrong wit this picture..

And if you are wondering about that "They say" Comment its because I believe Bin Laden was behind 9/11 and much as Bush is taking to god or whatever.

BTW, You do kno we went into Iraq cause of 9/11 right??

[edit on 10/7/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If God told me to invade Iraq, or maybe something more reasonable, like the neighboring town, would I be taken seriously? Or would I be medicated and removed from society?

That's the question that needs to be answered.

I feel a tent revival comin' on!

God is telling me y'all should send a dollar! Just one dollar! Send it now! God is speaking to me and he's coming through loud and clear! Reach into your wallet and send me that dollar!

Except the man's not asking for dollars, not exactly. He's 'asking' for trust from a group of people who, righty or wrongly, believe the voice in their head belongs to the almighty God.

The say-so of a voice in your head is not a rational basis for decision making, this is an accepted fact in civilized American society. If the voice in your head tells you to do bad things, the law says don't listen. Bush listened.

I don't know what else there is to be said on the matter. We've all got voices in our heads, some call it intuition, some call it God, some fear it, others are ashamed of it. Many are indifferent to it. It is what it is, and what it is is unqualifiable.

'God' tells people to do horrible things on a daily basis. Society has laws and rules, and one of those (oft-ignored) rules is that you don't attack without provocation.

God is telling me to get a chesseburger right now; but if I hit my neighbor over the head with a bat and take his dinner, having previously received God's advice doesn't make me any less of a criminal.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
remember that interview with mcveigh in moores movie bowling for columbine....I think so long ago. Anyway mcveigh and bush seem to rant about righteousness and the purging of evil from the world in somewhat the same way. ponder that one maybe moore wasn't just a biased idiot after all, maybe he just made the movies a little absurd so he didn't get assinated.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Or also consider the bizzare rash of women who've drowned their babies, claiming that god told them to kill them or else they'd go to hell.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
"I feel like God wants me to run for president.

Again, ASSUMING this HEARSAY is true and not some fiction, "feeling" God wants something is a lot different than hearing something. That's like feeling that my dead grandmother is proud of me for calling you out on your ridiculous campaign to malign a man at every turn because you don't like his politics. I have a feeling she is proud of my skepticism and my ethics.

If she ever "tells" me so, then you can lock me away in an institution.

Since Bush never refuted Abbas, silence is consent.

That is seriously some kindergarten logic right there. Silence does not give consent, unless it is already consented to that silence gives consent. I didn't see that signed, notarized document in your sources, so I'm going to have to assume that Bush didn't comment because he has a million more important things to deal with every day (such as unemployment, inflation, the environment, health care, taxation). I think morons who make up stories are probably at the bottom of his list of concerns.

Ohhhh. You sure showed me by pointing to Google. Again, here is an unsubstantiated rumor, reported as such, and you have turned it into fact because he once MIGHT HAVE said he thought he had a FEELING that God wanted him in office.

Finally, he was talking to a preacher. Surely you can understand speaking to someone in a language that speaks to them (you know, it's a part of semantic, on which you are obviously an expert, right). It's a lot like telling your Notre Dame team today to "win this one for the Gipper." We all know it's not possible, as he is dead, but the team understands the sentiment anyway.

As for falling on semantics and having no argument, that is not a reasonable argument. I understand semantics, have put bread on my table with words, and recognize that sometimes, "semantics" are necessary to point out the fallacious nature of someone else’s arguments and behaviors.

Maybe you should stop trying to defend this "story" and start looking at yourself and your motivations.

Try again son.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Took two years and the BBC to push Bush to show a card?...isn't that special.

But we all know Scott McClellan said that neither Rove nor Libby was part of the Plame case too.

And here it is folks. Refusal to be swayed no matter what. First he says "silence gives consent." Now that Bush is not silent we get, "ohhhh, but they lie all the time anyway, so it's still okay to hate Bush for this one more thing."

It's nonsense, and deep down in your twisted, hate-filled heart, you know it.

I feel sorry for you. It must really suck to have to leech onto any crumb of material to support your position. And seriously, there are so many better things to pick on than this. So many better points to make. Why waste your time?

Maybe the only way you'll be convinced that this is garbage is if God tells you directly? (But then we'd all get to make fun of you, right?)

And by the way, I'm sure the Christians out there would like to know, should we be making fun of everybody who claims to have heard from the big G?

Like, for instance, Jesus, Joan of Arc, and Moses walked into a bar...

Weak

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
it isn't hearsay he has said it publically several times now

Prove it. It's not like I can prove a negative.

Second, more importantly, since we are dealing with a single article, prove it in the context of this statement. You can't, because it's hearsay. Furthermore, it's hearsay that has now been rebutted by the source.

Originally posted by groverThe man shows all the signs of pathological insecurity (chronic inflexiblity is another sign) and shouldn't be within 100 yards (and preferably much further) of the little red button at all. He is indeed deranged.

I suppose you have the M.D. to back that up, or did Freshman Psych just rear its ugly head?

By the way, as to his ability in public speaking (or lack of), you'll hear little argument from me, other than the fact that it isn't germane to this conversation.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
If God told me to invade Iraq, or maybe something more reasonable, like the neighboring town, would I be taken seriously?

Oh for crying out loud! Why can't you start with the assumption that this is untrue? Are you so gullible that you believe any snippet of anti-Bush rhetoric? Certainly there is truth in some of the things said about him, but do you believe them all?

I'm not even saying he did or didn't say it. I'd just really like it if you people would try to hold the same standards of proof in all cases. Instead, all of you constant Bush bashers ignore anything positive, insist he is constantly lying, and regurgitate ANY nonsense about him that comes down the pike.

If you all are to be believed, we have the world's DUMBEST, CRAZIEST man, who somehow manages to CONTROL EVERYTHING. While having an I.Q. of 50 or lower, he is at the head of the GREATEST conspiracies the world has ever known. Except, we can't forget that he is also just a PUPPET, and it makes sense to blame a puppet, right? And, while being a puppet, he is single-handedly (which is difficult for a puppet) ruining the environment/economy/foreign relations/the military/the Supreme Court.

And, assuming this great puppet theory is true, you'd have to assume that his handlers are also the SMARTEST people in the world, while at the same time being the DUMBEST in the world. So smart they can control a SITTING PRESIDENT, but too dumb to stop him from saying he talks to God?

Grow up.

(edit to check spelling)[edit on 7-10-2005 by Hamburglar]

[edit on 7-10-2005 by Hamburglar]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

If you all are to be believed, we have the world's DUMBEST, CRAZIEST man, who somehow manages to CONTROL EVERYTHING. While having an I.Q. of 50 or lower, he is at the head of the GREATEST conspiracies the world has ever known. Except, we can't forget that he is also just a PUPPET, and it makes sense to blame a puppet, right? And, while being a puppet, he is single-handedly (which is difficult for a puppet) ruining the environment/economy/foreign relations/the military/the Supreme Court.

And, assuming this great puppet theory is true, you'd have to assume that his handlers are also the SMARTEST people in the world, while at the same time being the DUMBEST in the world. So smart they can control a SITTING PRESIDENT, but too dumb to stop him from saying he talks to God?

Grow up.

Apart from your sarcasm and exaggeration; yeah thats pretty much what I believe.

And I'll grow up if you WISE UP.

[edit on 7-10-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Apart from your sarcasm and exaggeration; yeah thats pretty much what I believe.

So you recognize the sarcasm, but don't comprehend the contradictions inherent in your own belief system? You can't be the dumbest and the smartest at the same time. It doesn't work. But go ahead, keep believing in your contradictions (like any reality check would ever stop you), and keep blaming Bush and friends for everything that's ever gone wrong in your life or anyone else's, all the while claiming this evil mastermind is really a dolt.

By the by, if he is such an idiot, and his "handlers" are such idiots, why does he keep beating you and your cronies? Does that make you dumber than him? Even if you try to claim he stole elections, rigged votes, whatever, you'd then have to admit that he got away with it, despite your protests and machinations to the contrary. In short, the dumbest man in the world is smarter than you?

I don't think you're in much of a position to even use the word wise.

Edited out my giant quote.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamburglar
By the by, if he is such an idiot, and his "handlers" are such idiots, why does he keep beating you and your cronies? Does that make you dumber than him? Even if you try to claim he stole elections, rigged votes, whatever, you'd then have to admit that he got away with it, despite your protests and machinations to the contrary. In short, the dumbest man in the world is smarter than you?

I don't think you're in much of a position to even use the word wise.

Edited out my giant quote.

Personally I find it interesting that you have the abillity to discuss this topic solely on attacking other members posts WITHOUT adding to the topic. Your own backing. Is that all you have?

You've convinced me............. NOT!

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Even the Palestinians are saying this didn't happen:

Palestine News Agency

GAZA, October 7, 2005 (WAFA)- President Mahmoud Abbas affirmed on Friday that he did not hear the US President George Bush talking about religious reasons that led him to use force in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Commenting on reports that he, when a prime minister, heard, during a meeting with Mr. Bush in 2003, that there were religious reasons to use force in Iraq and Afghanistan, Abbas said these reports are false and he never heard Mr. Bush talking about something like that, adding he never heard any statements that link what happened in Iraq and Afghanistan to a religious viewpoint.

President Abbas expressed his sorrow for such reports, simultaneously expressing happiness to clarify things. He also asserted his trust in the Mr. Bush''s vision of an independent viable Palestinian state living in peace and security.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's obvious that you all just want it to be true. :shk:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hamburglar, I think you have given us some fine examples of the type of mentality that lies behind Bush supporters.
You have demonstrated that you fit this same profile.

Pick a Card, Any Card

Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

Mahmoud Abbas says: "President Bush stated: God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them." haaretz.com

Scott Mclellan says: "No, that's absurd. He's never made such comments. I've been in meetings with him with President Abbas; I didn't travel on that trip, if you're talking about to Jordan. But I've been in many meetings with the President with world leaders where he's talked about this."

Maybe it's time to ask Bush what God looks like and if he is bald, fat and ugly.... then we'll have an explanation.

[edit on 7-10-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
With all due respect to the members of this board:

God must be turning over and rolling like thunder all over this universe.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
It wasn't god.....it was obviously Satan.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
This whole directed from above thing by Bush is as real as Bagdad Bob saying there are no American troops in Bagdad on camera, with American vehicles driving by in the background.

It's just surreally unbelievable!

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Grow up.

[edit on 7-10-2005 by whaaa]

I don't know it makes sense to me if your gonna start off an agenda you don't want people getting to nosy so give them something to bitch about. Find the most illiterate individual you can find rig an election make everything absurd and don't tell him what's going on. Voila nobody is even gonna question the real agenda about what it's purpose is or if it exists, and even if they do they have to ask the illiterate puppet who doesn't have a clue about the agenda let alone know how to spell it. It's not that far fetched if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Everything Bush has done was to steal from good average trusting people of this country everything he could get away with taking.

It's just agrab for money.

In Bush's mind he has wanted to be the most "Golden Child" the rich have ever known and other than stealing SS he has shown himself worthy of that kind of admiration by the rich and only the rich.

Wake up people!

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magickesists
Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a
fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands
of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more
rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah and
there was peace.

(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?! God Bless you all Amen !

sorry to correct you but...

surah 9 verse eleven does not say anything remotely similar to that, it says:

But (even so), if they repent, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charity,- they are your brethren in Faith: (thus) do We explain the Signs in detail, for those who understand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join