It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Enthusiasts in the UK

page: 1

join
share:
KJB

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I've heard off a few people that theres a UFO magazine you can subscribe to in the UK?? If so, any details would be much appreciated. I've googled it but can't seem to find much.

Or even if theres an international one that could get shipped to the UK monthly/weekly.

Thanks

- Bevan

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I live in the UK and I saw a UFO magazine in a local shop that you can subscribe to. I'll find out the name for you.

It had some very interesting articles with one showing shots of 'the best UFO video ever'. I haven't found any info on it on the net, but it looked amazing.

KJB

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Yeah, cheers. Any info would be great
thanks..

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The was UFO Magazine, but i don't think its published anymore, and i haven't noticd another one.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
No mags in my area "staffordshire"

im hoping to get a group going!! "to the pub lads"

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The UFO mag in the UK is no longer published due to a steady decrease in UFO activity over here in the UK. However, you can subscribe to the online version of the mag, here.

[edit on 8-10-2005 by shorty]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Steady decrease? I heard it was because the guy who ran it died??

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
That is correct, sadly Graham Birdsall who owned/ran the magazine died suddenly two years ago.

www.fsr.org.uk...

[edit on 8-10-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Can't see any of those mags in Belfast, do you know any other one's because i dont have a credit card to pay for those internet mags that shorty posted!

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by minimi
Steady decrease? I heard it was because the guy who ran it died??

Originally posted by AgentSmith
That is correct, sadly Graham Birdsall who owned/ran the magazine died suddenly two years ago.

www.fsr.org.uk...

Well, the mag ended earlier this year (2005) so it wasn't because the owner died.

British UFO-spotting clubs may have to close because of a lack of sightings. Have the little green men really stopped visiting, or do we earthlings just have bigger things to worry about?

Full Article

Edit: Fix link

[edit on 8-10-2005 by shorty]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Seriously though, I read in the mag an article which claimed a man had filmed ''The best UFO video ever''.

It was filmed on a bridge and appeared to show several objects morphing and changing colours.

Does anyone know what im talking about?

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
Well, the mag ended earlier this year (2005) so it wasn't because the owner died.

I used to subscribe to it and I have the last few issues in the attic - it ended because he died, back in 2004.
It carried on for a few issues but the family decided to finish with it for obvious reasons. No-one took it on or it wasn't available so it stopped.

From the article you posted:

It has not been a happy couple of years for ufology. The closure last year of UFO magazine, following the sudden death of its editor Graham Birdsall, was a disaster for the close-knit UFO-spotting community. Several websites have sprung up to try to fill the void, but the best-known one, Ufodata - launched by Russel Callaghan, who used to work with Birdsall, his father-in-law, on UFO Magazine - kept making my computer crash. Spooky.
www.guardian.co.uk...

The date of the article being Thursday August 11, 2005

And some more....

Sadly the demise of UFO Magazine from mainstream magazine shelves has put the subject back several years in my opinion. I cannot help but feel that Graham Birdsall's legacy was removed from circulation with too much haste. I have to respect Christine's decision, but I do so wish that she had given some sort of warning as to her intentions, so that a consortium could have been put together to carry on the magazine. Many people, myself included would have put money into securing its future. The reality was that the magazine's stature and position in mainstream publishing was second to none, and the decision to withdraw it destroyed that in an instant.
www.ufomonthly.com...

On 6 March 2004 it was announced that UFO Magazine is to close. This sad news follows the tragic and untimely death last September of the magazine’s editor, Graham W. Birdsall. Graham’s family continued to produce the magazine after his death, but for a number of reasons have been unable to continue. The March 2004 issue, in the shops now, will sadly be the last. It remains to be seen whether the magazine will be resurrected in a different form, perhaps with a different owner. But for now, this is the end of a magazine that championed ufology in the UK, and indeed all around the world.
www.nickpope.net...

Soon afterwards, in September of the same year, Graham W. Birdsall has died. He never had opportunity to honor invitation from Dr. Uvarov he has accepted, and visit the Installation.

Soon after his death his UFO Magazine was discontinued.
www.deepspace4.com...

He died from a brain haemorrhage, and yes I did notice the date - I thought it was weird at the time.

At around 3am on September 11th 2003, Graham W. Birdsall Editor of UFO Magazine was taken ill and rushed into hospital where it was discovered that he had suffered a serious brain haemorrhage.
ufoinfo.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
*Holds hands up*

My mistake.

Next time I'll re-read what I post rather than just try and use my obviously inadequate memory.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
*Holds hands up*

My mistake.

Next time I'll re-read what I post rather than just try and use my obviously inadequate memory.

Don't worry I do it all the time mate, problem is I make a lot of noise and stamp my feet around, so when I do mess up it gets real messy - for me!
Sorry for the way I replied, I'm in super sarcasm mode, I tried not to be but it might have come off that way.
LOL

Vote Shorty for Council-X!

new topics

top topics

join