It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skunk Works Shapeshifter UAV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

By Nick Cook JDW Aerospace Consultant
London

It seems inconceivable that the entity that established itself as one of the foremost aerospace pioneers of the last half-century should end up on the sidelines of the UAV and UCAV revolution, yet, on the face of it, this is where the Skunk Works is: on the outside, looking in. For the past few years, as J-UCAS has gathered momentum, ADP officials have let it be known that the Skunk Works has not been standing still - that there are advanced UAV/UCAV concepts on the drawing board at ADP, many of which are under government consideration. A number of these may have progressed further in the 'black' world - there are persistent rumours that they have. However, it was only in June, at the Paris Air Show, that the Skunk Works/ADP was able to provide hard details of a real, live project: the Morphing UAV.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Janes.com

Whoa, sounds very interesting. It can do both Recon , and attack missions, by changing it's shape in flight. I've heard stories about this before, but never knew they were this far!

Intelgurl, is this the new UAS you were referring to in this thread: Skunkworks working on ISR/Strike capable UAS ?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Intelgurl, is this the new UAS you were referring to in this thread: Skunkworks working on ISR/Strike capable UAS ?

I'm not actually sure, but in asking around I was told that the Lockheed UAS that will come out of the black in December or January is a larger version of the Dark Star airframe. My sources could be wrong though, it is afterall a classified project currently and those who know aren't talking.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
DARPA has been doing work with Morphing Aircraft Structures (MAS)

www.darpa.mil...

This technology could have many advantages the ability to change a aircraft's wing shape or vehicle geometry could add new meaning to multirole aircraft.

www.crgrp.net...

new topics

join