It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Podcasting Tools

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
BH,

i'd like to thank you for that post... it made the most sense to me.. and in no time flat i've made my first recording!! granted, all it says it 'test test' and i removed the noise out of it.... but thanks to your 'step by step' (which i kept referring to) the entire process was less frightening and scary... thank you so much!!

i don't know if that means i would ever venture to make a podcast, but at least i am familiar with the process now- and the idea of doing one isn't some great mystery any longer...

i wish i'd known how to do this last year!! i had a heck of a time making a recording for a friend's birthday!!

much appreciation and BIG HUGS!! ya never know... ya'll just might be hearing from me!!

~amithyzt

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by amithyzt
i don't know if that means i would ever venture to make a podcast...

Oh, didn't you read the fine print? "Use of these instructions obligates user to make at least one PODcast lasting a minimum of one minute and said user must post that PODcast on ATS, BTS or PTS" ??

I hope you do decide to do it.

You're very welcome.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Who worked so hard trying to help me make a podcast. I think being old and senile is a factor here for me...I'm not able to do it still

BH, why dont you hop on that bus and come see me and fix it for me?

Seriously, BH is a wonderful, caring and very helpful person. And i suppose i should be greatful i can still log on.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Oh, didn't you read the fine print?

musta been some o' dat reeeeaaallly reeeeaaaally fine, nearly invisible print! LOL...

i honestly wouldn't know what to record... maybe my next step should be to poke around in there and LISTEN to some of it for inspiration! (any recommendations?) i was just about to read the podcast guidelines in the research forum... might have something to record afterall (?) that would be later, though, much later...

thanks billions... everyone's been so helpful around here!!
so have you tried the other programs? are they any better, or should i just stick with what's working, simple & easy?

~amithyzt

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by amithyzt
so have you tried the other programs? are they any better, or should i just stick with what's working, simple & easy?

I have no idea. I haven't tried them, either.

Do an intro. "This is me, I like long walks on the beach, elevator music and candlelight dinners..." You know. Tell us a little about you. What do you do for fun? Interests? Pet peeves? Whatever. Sing!

My favorite part of PODcasting is the 'community' I feel with others. It's a whole 'nother level of Internet communication. I would trust MrWupy with anything I had because of how much I feel I know him from PODcasting.

It is addictive...
But it has no calories! In fact, I forget to eat sometimes!

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Do an intro. "This is me, I like long walks on the beach, elevator music and candlelight dinners..."

BWWWWAAAHAAAAAHAAA!!
oh, how could i resist?

thanks for the laughs... ok, ok... i'll try and do an intro, but nothing i could muster would be as good as THAT... LOLOLOL!!!

thanks for the encouragement, i honestly would have tucked this away in the 'something new i know how to do if i wanna' file, but likely wouldn't have touched the program again- and certainly wouldn't have decided to make a podcast!!

sometime tonight then!

~amithyzt

[edit]... where... how... um? how do you determine which forum something like that will go in? bts, right? or is there an intro area?

[edit on 7-11-2005 by amithyzt]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Royalty-Free Sound Effects

Some of these are .wav files. I would advise saving them to your computer and using Audacity (or other converter) to convert them to mp3 to be used in a PODcast.

Here's another free converter if you don't use Audacity
River Past Converter

I have a folder in my PODcast Folder called Sound Effects. That's where I will store them.

On the page linked above, click on "Amazing Sounds".
There's a list of categories.
Pick "Human Sounds".
Go down to "Applause" and right click on applause.wav.
Select Save (file or link) As
Locate your Sound Effects folder and save it there.
Open Audacity
Select Project / Import Audio
Locate and click on applause.wav.
Click File/Export as mp3 and save it in your Sound Effects folder.

Then you have it!

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   
All you need is a microphone to podcast? Or do you need more? Cause I would podcast but I don't want to buy a lot of stuff. I have a microphone already though.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Yes, all you need is a mic and the free software recommended previously.

Now, I am interested in a wireless headset/mic. Anyone got any recommendations? (Of course the cheaper the better but I would like decent quality).

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Wow, what a great tutorial. I have to say (otherwise it would be a one liner) that this was very usefull and i will be broadcasting my first podcast very soon.

just a quick qusetion where do you get the intro from like the ones SO use?

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Oh, by the way, I started with my $10.00 desktop microphone, but I have now upgraded to a usb Logitech headset with microphone I got off the Skype accessories site. It was $49.99 but the listening and recording quality are greatly improved now. Much less background noise on recording and really hearing the quality of the music being used, created and posted.

This headset filters out a lot of the background noise, though you have to not fidget about when you record cause it picks that up big time.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
How do i find out how many people have downloaded my PODcast, just for my own ego. I think this would be a good function if we havent already got it.

Also who does the fancy voice overs that are used in quite a few podcasts, like in the 2 out of 3 Amegos and The Zed Show.

EDIT: To add a question.

[edit on 3-1-2006 by picklewalsh]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
(I meant to post this as a reply but it posted as a new thread....sorry if you've seen it already...I believe this is the right place)

Technical Help, Pleeeaaase???

Greetings!

I have purchased Eurorack UB1202 so that my sister and I can both have mics for our podcast and the ability to add "guests"....I have been to Radio Shack a few times and picked up my cables and adapters but I am having ZERO luck.

I've plugged in a cable from my soundcard to the "tape outputs" and then plugged in my microphone into the first mic (using XLR)....but I can hardly hear myself ....I mean it sounds like a lot of static or something....it's not as clear as when I plug my microphone directly into my laptop (which is crystal clear)...not even close. Would any of you geniuses know what may be causing my problems??? Would it be my cables or maybe my microphone...I'm using one of those headsets with the headphones and mics that sit in front of your mouth? It seems that the virtual world can only answer my questions about podcasting....because others I talk to don't know what to do....

My SINCERE THANKS to anybody who can help me out....I'm anxious to get started!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Podomatic.com is a really good website to, to add to the podcast tools list. It's the chosen podcast tool for my Web 2.0 class ^_^

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'd love to hear everyone's experiences and opinions on podcast hosts. I've been trying to get mine started over the past week and have nothing but a migraine to show for it.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
For some reason, when I go to download a podcast, it only downloads the first 2 minutes.
Suggestions? Thank you in advance.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
thanks for the insight!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by xu
usb mics dont use the soundcards, you can even record sound with them without even having a soundcard

99% of computers made today have on-board sound cards. If, you were to disable this sound card or had a computer without one, the USB microphone would NOT work. Sure, the drivers would probably install, but there is nothing to process the signal and I don't know of a single piece of recording software out there that would function without a sound card. If, on the other hand, you were thinking that an external or professional sound card would not be needed, then that would be correct. USB microphones use the power supplied by the USB port coupled with an analog to digital conversion circuit. Beyond that, they are the same as any other microphone and I would suggest that when purchasing one of these you look at the details of the mic. (ie. frequency response diaphram size etc..)
I just wanted to jump in here and clarify that unless a device has a built in sound-card, it will not function in a system without one and as far as I know, USB microphones do not.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Suburban Sass

I am VERY new to pod-casting so I will have to make a couple of assumptions that might be wrong but hopefully this will help.
I'm guessing your using a mixer board of some kind. Usually the output of a sound card goes to the input of the mixer and the output of the mixer goes to the AUX or Mic In jack on the sound card. Some microphones need power and this is either done with a battery or phantom power. (power supplied by the mixer from what I understand) So make sure the mixer has power and the microphones are either using phantom power or a battery in the microphone. Also, some mixer boards will have an XLR jack and an Phono jack next to each other, usually this is a single channel and you can only use one or the other. Look at the mixer and make sure that you are using a separate line for each mic. There is also usually a separate headphone jack on the mixer that is used to hear everything that is coming into the board. Try using that to listen. That's pretty much the extent of my knowledge and I would have to know more about all the equipment your using to make additional wild guesses at a possible solution.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
is nt Blog Talk Radio one huge podcast site ?

its searchable ... and free !

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join