It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Hurricane Stan Heads For Mexican Coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The Mexican authorities have started evacuating people from areas of the Gulf of Mexico coast threatened by Hurricane Stan. The storm has already killed dozens of people in Central America. Forecasters say the category one hurricane is expected to hit the coast of the Mexican state of Veracruz later on Tuesday or Wednesday. Schools have suspended classes there. The Mexican state oil company, Pemex, has evacuated several rigs in the area.

news.bbc.co.uk
At least 39 people across Central America have been killed in flooding and landslides triggered by the deluge, which swept across Mexico's Yucatan peninsula over the weekend before moving into the Gulf of Mexico.

El Salvador - already shaken by the eruption of its biggest volcano - was worst hit with at least 31 deaths.

"Sixty percent of the country is in danger of landslides," El Salvador's President Tony Saca warned. "The risk caused by this accumulation of water is worrying."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This truly is becoming a terrible year for hurricanes!

I feel truly sorry for the people of El Salvador, not only has their biggest volcano erupted, their now being battered by hurricane Stan.

At least Stan is currently only a category 1 hurricane at present!

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Holy c**p dude, I have relatives in El Salvadore! I'll pray for their safety.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This recent report claims 65 dead in Central America. The El Salvadore coffee crop could be endangered. I don't drink much coffee these days, but for some people, two of the most important liquids in the world are coffee and gasoline. I guess if something forces the price of alcohol through the ceiling, there could be massive riots, murders, suicides, and mental hospital admissions.

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 2005/10/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This has been one of the most devasting hurricane seasons on record as the death toll from Stan increases.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
the pictures from the area are so sad and the news of the deaths tragic.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The death toll rises about as fast as I can post articles.

Yahoo

top topics

join