It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you say we should use the 'search' function huh? Explain this to me then.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I was searching for this thread this morning: "Who is the "Aveeno girl"?"

Here's it's URL: www.belowtopsecret.com...

Now, I would like everyone to go to the search function and type in "Aveeno" in the box that says "this word or phrase must be returned". You should get the Wonder Woman movie thread that I was looking to post the Aveeno girl's picture in, but no thread titled "Who is the "Aveeno girl"?"

How much more basic can it be? Why did that thread title not appear in the results?

Go ahead and type in "Aveeno girl", same result!

Peace

Note to RANT: Aveeno girl kicks Listerine girl's butt!!

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I've been kind of disappointed that I couldn't find threads that I have searched for, but I though maybe they had changed things around and weren't searching as far back as they used to. how old was the thread you were looking for?

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
You needed to change the "search thread post" option to "Search for thread title". Once you do that the result comes up immedietely.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
In the search feature there is this box that says:

"Search through date range"

The default is set to the "last 3 months"

However I find that you get much better results when you change it to "since the beginning"

Your aveeno girl thread was started back in July, slightly over the 3 months, so that's why the default didn't work and you didn't find anything.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Fair enough William One Sac, but the word "Aveeno" is used numerous times in the thread's subsequent posts and it doesn't pick it up.

Peace

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yep. World watcher has it. The thread is over 3 months old. I extended the time to 6 months and it found it.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Wasn't sure if the date range was for last post date or for thread date of origin. Thanks for clearing it up.

Peace

[edit on 4-10-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Question answered, thread closed.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join