It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cockroaches-best way to eliminate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Hi,
whilst i am not in an epidemic what's the most enviromentally friendlly way
(dont want sprays) of eliminating and killing cockroaches.I have seen on tv where a plastic container was lined with butter and had red wine put in.Anyone tried it.How effective is it?

Any advice?

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Good luck, I have put them in the microwave, and watched sparks fly of of them like they where metal.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Good luck, I have put them in the microwave, and watched sparks fly of of them like they where metal.

lol wow that's sadistic. i have come across boric acid.So i guess is should look into it.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I can't think of a "best way" to eliminate the cockroach. At times, I can only assume that the cockroach is the dominant life form on this planet. I have seen these things survive after being smacked, sprayed, fumigated and, in one case that I witnessed, shot at with a 12 gauge. When the smoke finally clears at the end of time...the last thing standing will have multiple legs and will probably the cockroach.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Ouch. Good luck nuking the food after that. You'll get a roach dressing on top. Yuck!

I had those bstards infesting my apartment a few months ago. Try boric acid+sugar (1 part boric acid, 1 part sugar)...the sugar lures them in. Ive read that boric acid dehydrates them so they cant develop an immunity to it.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarzan

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

lol wow that's sadistic. i have come across boric acid.So i guess is should look into it.

the best part he looked at me after 30 seconds like he wanted more. Scary stuff.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Hi,
whilst i am not in an epidemic what's the most enviromentally friendlly way
(dont want sprays) of eliminating and killing cockroaches.I have seen on tv where a plastic container was lined with butter and had red wine put in.Anyone tried it.How effective is it?

Any advice?

normally if you get someone to check if you have roaches in your house, they put down traps (cardboard type devices with sticky stuff inside). if the next day those are full, normally they put down some sort of poison (usally edible), and then after a week they put those cardboard traps down and see if there are less...

not sure if you can get those at shops though...

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Combat boots work real good. My CAP Squadron used to have them, and whenever we'd see them, we used to like to jump as high as we could and land on them in our boots. Made a lovely crunching/squishing sound. Roach everywhere.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Put a handful of cockroaches in the blender, that should kill them...

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Just one point I want to make, well maybe a few points:

#1 If you have a "few" cockroaches, you really have thousands. So you may actually have an epidemic, you just arent seeing them all.

#2 Killing them will do nothing unless you deal with the reason they are there in the first place. I.e. they have a food source, remove it. Im not saying your place is outwardly dirty, but clean it like its never been cleaned before. I mean sterile. You have something in your home thats attracting these things.

I would clean FIRST, then destroy them using whatever method you see fit, then clean again.

When I say "clean" I mean rip everything appart and sterilize. Under stuff, behind stuff, INSIDE stuff, everywhere.

Use Amonia or Bleach mixed with VERY hot water and a decent stiff bristle brush and clean everything you can that way. Use very hot soapy water and a thick terry cloth for everything you cant brush or put bleach on.

And, Good luck!

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
hahahhaha Great solutions there.

I used to love spraying them with aerosol and setting the little buggers on fire. Watch them run around in circles trying to extinguish themselves.

Yay for sick humour!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses guys.I will begin to sterislise like i never have b4.i have anti-bacterial wipes which i will use to wipe down everything and vaccum places i could never have imagined.

what's weird is that in all of winter i see one if where lucky in our house but in summer it's one every few days.Well sydney is getting hoter so i guess i should have just expected it.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
use a pillow.... that should kill them. lol j/k

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This works for fleas too by the way. My family used to rent out homes when we moved overseas, and we'd come back to such infestations....

Fog and fumigate the house.

Close all the windows, turn off the air conditioning, buy about 1 fogger and 1 fumigator (you put these in water, and it makes a vapor that creeps along the floor and into crevices) for every 20'x20' area of your house. (it could be pricey, but cheaper than having professionals do it).

Open all of the cabinets and drawers, have a friend watch any pets.

Set them all off (have a planned path), and get out of the house.

Go see a movie (or two), get some dinner, do some shopping, whatever.

Come back to the house about 5 hours or more later. Wash any dishes, utensils, etc. (as the cabinets were open). Clean up all the dead buggies (there will be lots most likely, more than you imagined).

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Thanks for the responses guys.I will begin to sterislise like i never have b4.i have anti-bacterial wipes which i will use to wipe down everything and vaccum places i could never have imagined.

what's weird is that in all of winter i see one if where lucky in our house but in summer it's one every few days.Well sydney is getting hoter so i guess i should have just expected it.

Put cloves in all your cupboards....gets rid of cockroaches they pack their bags and leave........... a bit like naphalene or moth balls.

But do not be a clean freak and bleach everything. too clean makes bad bad for immune system.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
A small update to this thread.

Yesterday i had pest control done at home for bird lice.The product used was www.fmcaustralasia.com.au... with the active ingredient being permethrin.I am concerned having breathed some of it in withou a mask whilst i was outside the door were they where spraying in the roof of the bathroom.I talked to posion control yesterday and they tell me i will be fine and i have nothing to worry about.Thats what other people have told me as well.I had some tight breathing and the odd taste in my mouth and its still there today.

Can anyone shed light on this issue for me.

top topics

join