It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forums messed up ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I have just noticed that some of the forums seem to be messed up.

Old threads have been pushed up, some threads say there are -1 posts or the post count is way off track.

Has anyone else noticed this?

It seems worse on the UFO forum especially.

Thoughts anyone ?

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Sometimes people perusing through the forums will reply to a really old thread if it is on interest. it is also kind of cool to see what people thought say a year ago on the a particular topic and how they feel now about it etc. Not sure about the post counts being off?

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Thanks Fred, but something seems up.

Check out the overview page of the forum UFO's.

You will see that several threads have a minus number by the posts submitted. Clicking on these will reveal that there are in fact many posts submitted.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I noticed it last night. It wasn't really "messed up" per se, but the UFO forum had a lot of old posts bumped by a particular mod. Didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, just one long string of old UFO threads resurrected without any new info.

I've also been curious about the -1 count; is there anyone who can shed some light on that?

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Just last night I learned that mods have "bump magic", meaning they can bump a thread without replying to it. I don't know if that is the cause, but it could be. On the other hand some of the old threads are some of the best. I personally love to go back and look through some of the old threads on the weaponry forum, Russian had a lot of good stuff to say.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Just last night I learned that mods have "bump magic", meaning they can bump a thread without replying to it.

Okay who told you

I really not sure about the minus. I posted to one and it cleared to 0 but there are clearly more replies in the thread than "0" Not really sure beyond that, but many of them are interesting. You also get to see many of the staff members posting Before they were "staff" which is always fun too

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I like to view old posts too.

Just thought I would bring this to the boards attention to make sure nothing was happening that could cause a problem to the site.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
the -1 posts were discussed earlier and are apparently the result of a hack:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Bumping threads discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

No problem.
It's nice to see so many observant ATS members

Closed.