It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Eagles Eyes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The sun beats down the trees, drooping in this calm heat, fading colours from the leaves hanging limply from the boughs. Not a bird has heart to sing as the cicadas electric clamour is amplified in the stifling quiet.

He sits in the shadows, motionless, seeing nothing but the bitter harvest of his many years. A rumpled jacket lies on the boards at his feet, the denim blending softly with faded shades of blue to the rough grey wood of the porch. The bottle of Jack, nearly empty, adds a touch of rich brown to the scene and sloshes softly as he picks it up for one more sip.

Raising his leathery lined face to drink, he squints into the bleached sky, and is held by the sight of a Bald Eagle passing over the treetops. Wings motionless, it glides slowly across his view. The bottle, close to his lips, is held momentarily as he watches this noble bird, so meaningful to him. Then, just as he was about to look away and take that drink, he sees the eagle turn his head and look directly into his eyes.

A smile comes across his face and rises into his eyes. Leaning over, he sets the bottle down, picks up the tattered jacket and getting up turns his feet to that old wide glide parked by the creek.

(for Amuk)

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Hi masqua,

This is really nice! I have a "thing" for eagles that I wont go into here, but I got the same message that the main character did. (pretty powerful! ) This was a nice gift from you.

new topics

join