It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Israel win against Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
I'll just respond to that by saying..
Pakistan can 'whoop' Israel as many times over as it wants.And this coming from me, an Indian..

Don't underestimate Iran.
They're almost as strong as Pakistan.
The only thing that they may lack is the intellect and/or know..
Pakistan may be more than willing to supply that.
You think that the Israeli AF is top notch?!
Check out the exploits of PAF pilots that were lent out to the Eqyptians in the Yom Kippur war .You may be surprised..
Israel can defend an invasion..It cannot mount an attack on Iran.. It cannot take out those nuclear reactors.
Maybe loads of crusie missiles and/or B-2 bombers can, but a conventional air raid looks very unlikely.
And saying that AFTER Osiraq, isn't easy but, thats the way it is..

Pakistan are a wildcard in all this, the only way I could see them getting involved would be if Mushareef were removed from power first. But Pakistan and Iran have not always gotten along all that well either.

That said, with the recent deals the US has made with India, Pakistan would be unlikely to get too into any fight since they still feel a strong need to worry about India and I don't think they would be very likely to oppose the US too much.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Pakistan doesn't need to get overtly involved.
It never was overtly involved in the Yom-Kippur war either.
It just needs to train Iran vis-a-vis tactics and/or send a few hotshots over to fight the war.
But that's only if the US does NOT get overtly involved.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Originally posted by urmomma158
true but u forget that the Iraqi war was poorly planned and dont forget as sson as they detect a nuke flying in the air they're not gonn wait for it to hit the ground tey're gonna launch all nukes at iran you dont have to wait for it to hit the ground

read through the posts above and you will see my reply to this

but anyhow Iran would only retaliate with missiles if attacked by Israel
like any soverign nation has a right to that defend them selves

that reply u just quoted is a reply to your reply where you state Iran cant do anything if attacked by Israel

both countries would be wiped out dont u understand

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Pakistan doesn't need to get overtly involved.
It never was overtly involved in the Yom-Kippur war either.
It just needs to train Iran vis-a-vis tactics and/or send a few hotshots over to fight the war.
But that's only if the US does NOT get overtly involved.

how do u noe pakistan would help iran pakistan is a US ally not an iranian one pakistan would nver try it helping a rogue state like that to destroy israel the UN will attack pakistan please think syrilalebanon or north korea china or some other rogue state would but not pakistan

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
How do I think Pakistan will help Iran??!
Well lets just say I have my reasons..Its in Pakistan's interest that the US leaves the MiddleEast. Infact its in everybody's interest!!

Remember I'm talking covert assistance.. Not the public 'brother in arms' bit..

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Richard Perle controls the Pentagon. Of course Israel could defeat Iran. Israel uses the U.S. military to do their bidding. Why the hell do you think we're in Iraq?

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Israel can't do anything to iran and viceversa, it's america that will be taking actions not israel. Picture israel just attacking iran without america in the area, I could see a whole alliance coming against them.

[edit on 12-3-2006 by NeoQuest]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I am actually laughing inside. I just realized how OLD this thread was, and yet we are talking about the SAME DAMN THING! This is ridiculous...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
I am actually laughing inside. I just realized how OLD this thread was, and yet we are talking about the SAME DAMN THING! This is ridiculous...

Sadly ATS can be much like fashion in that most of what are currently being discussed were covered in much the same way YEARS ago.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I wonder if any of those who have posted to this thread have read Ezekiel Chapters 38 and 39? If you do in the New King James translation, you will be amazed to find that not only are the current political and military alliances between Russia and Iran mentioned (with a little research with an on line encyclopedia just which countries the Bible is talking about becomes clear), but these chapters also contain some amazing references to nuclear weapons HAZMAT procedures (Ezekiel 39:14-15) and that "Sheba and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all their young lions" (read here: Great Britain and her former colonies) doing nothing when Israel is attacked.

Indeed, Americas glaring absence from Biblical prophecy is explained by: "General George Washington's Vision of America", which can be documented was printed BEFORE the Civil War (Check it out in the Library Of Congress AND the Internet) yet foretold it and our coming Second American Revolution. Hard to disprove this one as it has a Library of Congress publication date of 1801 right after the Library was established, even if - as the History Channel points out - it was not widely publicized until the 1850's.

The point being here is that the VERY fact that Israel IS a nation again after two thousand years and that the dead language of Biblical Hebrew was restored PROVES the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob does not need the weapons of men to defend Israel; Russia, Iran and their allies are toast.

[edit on 6/8/2008 by SGTChas]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson

over 2 years on and we are still getting the im going to kick your ass
and so on

forgot about this topic aswell

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Wow! is this thread a blast from the past!?!

Things have changed significantly since this thread was first authored.
First, Iran is closer now to having Nukes than they were 2 years ago.
Second, Israel currently has nukes - Iran does not.
Israeli military doctrine is not a doctrine of parity but one of advantage.
This being the case, should Iran continue down the course to acquiring nukes - you can be quite sure either Israel or the US will attack Iran before they are able to field their first nuke.

And what will happen to Israel when Iran and probably Syria start lobbing missiles at Israel?

Israel will very soon have a four-tier missile defense system in place.

1. the Arrow & Arrow 2 systems, capable of defeating ballistic missiles at high altitude.

2. "Magic Wand", short range missile/long range rocket defense system currently in the final phases of development by RAFAEL and Raytheon.

3. "Iron Dome", offers defense against short range threats such as Katyushas and mortars.

4. Patriot PAC-3 missile defense systems

5... yes I said four teir, but what isn't mentioned is the Northrop SkyGuard DEW anti-missile laser system Israel isn't talking about... (but somebody's been buying them)

But IMO before any of this can happen Israel has to get someone other than Olmert in the driver's seat.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by intelgurl]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
A war of technology is a ticking time bomb on all sides. The advantage of third world nations in a high tech war has gone up considerably. All one has to do it look at Iraq or the Palestine / Israeli conflict to see that forecasting a victory is an illusion.

By shear numbers alone, Israel may win a short term skirmish, but eventually the numbers will speak and the battle over centuries could prove different.

The Tribes of Israel are the original unveiling of Gods Word to the world. The Word became manifest in Jesus, and then came to Muhammad near 600 years after Christ. We find the house of Israel, Christianity, and Islam, in possession of the Word and will of the One God, yet divided in its practice.

Jesus himself said a House divided cannot stand, and we the United States of America claim " United We Stand, Divided we fall ". Are we all not one house under one God?

I would rather not see this war, either against Iran, or against Israel. War is wrong, and speculation on one defeating another in the name of a fear or a political ideology is not going to solve things.

A walk with wisdom on both sides and mending words by the leadership for Israel,Islam, Christianity, and other world faiths, can put this issue to rest.
As Ghandi said: : " Be the change you want to see in the World ".

With the Israel and Islam united as they once were, any organization that seeks to bring discord against a peaceful solution would be swiftly silenced.

There is historical reference to this decree as written in the Book of Esther.

The Ruler was Xerxes, and Persia was an ally of the house of Israel after the event described therein.

The intolerance exhibited by both sides is ignorance matured. Until both look to their respective faiths and honor the the origin of its Word, there will continue to be discord, unless of course there is divine intervention.

In witnessing the elections here in the US, so many words, and speeches to acquire the highest held office in one of the greatest nations on earth. Wouldn't it be nice if diplomacy by our nations applied that much effort in acquiring peace?

The answer to the OP is simple. No one wins in war. War is a wonderful experience for the armchair quarterback, but for those that are on the front lines, the consequences are felt by their own lives, their families, and for generations to come.

Peace

[edit on 9-6-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

- al-Taubah (9):29 - "Fight (qaatiloo) those who believe not in Allah and the Last Day and do not forbid what Allah and his messenger have forbidden -- such men as practise not the religion of truth, being of those who have been given the Book -- until they pay the tribute out of hand and have been humbled."
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Please forgive any supposed slight, but have you ever READ the Qur’an or the writings of Islamic scholars?

- Nisaa' (4):91 - "If they withdraw not from you, and offer you peace, and restrain their hands, take them, and slay them (aqtuloohum) wherever you come on them; against them we have given you a clear authority."

If you carefully read the Koran you will find four to six commands to kill the "infidels" (those who will not submit to Islam) and over 10 commands to fight them to the death. Indeed, you'll find that the root of the word "Islam" is “al-Silm,” which means “submission” or “surrender.”

Muhammad (47):4 - "When you meet the unbelievers, smite (darba) their necks, then, when you have made wide slaughter among them, tie fast the bonds; then set them free, either by grace or ransom, till the war lays down its loads."

Islam does not want peace with Jews or Christians, it wants their extinction. Anyone who thinks otherwise has never carefully read the Koran, nor been in the Middle East.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain Khaos

Israel has no problen with Iran on a one on one situation, but it will not be limited to that...

Mr Khaos...
Its already begun..get with the program. As far as Israel attacking Iran, it WILL HAPPEN, and fairly soon, thats all I'm gonna say

O-5xIntell

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas
Islam does not want peace with Jews or Christians, it wants their extinction. Anyone who thinks otherwise has never carefully read the Koran, nor been in the Middle East.

I might have believe that rhetoric had I not had a friend who is Jewish who is an Arabic translator for the Air Force.

He has changed his stance on Judaism and blended it with the devotion of Islam. This man, btw, has debated with me, for a year plus, about Christianity versus Islam.

I respect his view, and always look forward to his sharing of new insight. His military instructors are such that they provide deep insight into Muslim belief systems even if they are contrary to the West.

Accept each other. Muslim to Christan, and Christian to Jew. Jew To Muslim, and Muslim to Jew. No matter which way, it is Gods way.
All three faiths know this to be, and each of those faiths know that there are struggles which would greatly oppress the other.

Therefore, Love one another, which was the Teaching of Christ, and a reiteration of a command from the Almighty God is the way.

Its that way, or no way at all.

God is Love, and Love conquers all.

Peace

[edit on 17-9-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
When we talk of technological superiority, there is no doubt Israel has the edge over Iran. Israel has a stronger airforce, better logistical and communications and more importantly, experience. They also have the ability of neutralising Irans ICBM platform. Iran has no such luxury!

The thorn in Israels side would be Irans ability to supply and aid Hezbollah and possibly overwhelm their northern border. Another thing to consider is Israel will face closer scrutiny in the world media on tactics and weaponry used, Iran has no such problem, they could support suicide bombings and chemical/biological attacks without the fear of media backlash!

[edit on 18-9-2008 by theblunttruth]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by truttseeker

if israel attake iran ! there will not be an israel in the holl world because she can not defende her self

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join