It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bill Bennet and his suggestion for lowering the national crime rate.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I would rather not see my first contribution get turned into a "he said she said" slugfest in regards to members posts. Lets stick to the topic which is Bill Bennet. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Wether he is a racist or not I don't know and I know that I'm not a racist but his statement would be somewhat factual (and in no way suggest we should do it) if all black babies were aborted. Don't flame me for my statement as it is facts as far as looking at crime stats in our nation. Look on the net for yourself for crime rates in the US or check this link: www.amren.com...
I by no means think this is what we should do but the facts are there. Would crime rates go down? Judge for yourself but don't judge me.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
So lets suppose crime rates would drop if we took this theory and made it into a reality. You cant simply just abort the black babies. Your gonna have to do it to virtually every part of the human population. Whites, Blacks, oriental, arab, etc, etc. Not too mention that any postive effects are not going to be seen for a good 15-20 years down the road. No matter how you cut it with facts its still a BS theory. Think of how many potential scientists, politicians, teachers, etc who could make a postive change in society you would be killing. Lowering the crime rate is not going to be accomplished by killing a certain race of people. If we were to do this we may as well hoist a nazi flag up as well.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
Wether he is a racist or not I don't know and I know that I'm not a racist but his statement would be somewhat factual (and in no way suggest we should do it) if all black babies were aborted. Don't flame me for my statement as it is facts as far as looking at crime stats in our nation. Look on the net for yourself for crime rates in the US or check this link: www.amren.com...
I by no means think this is what we should do but the facts are there. Would crime rates go down? Judge for yourself but don't judge me.

I wonder what would happen if all the white people in America were to become slaves of all the black people. If for a couple hundred of years white people and all their descendants were to become their property.

I wonder what would happen if their wives and daughters were raped because they only counted as 3/5's of a person and had no legal rights as property. I wonder what would happen if they were not allowed to learn how to read or right, if their owners could beat and kill them at will, and if they were branded and had limbs cut off if they tried to run away.

I dont know what would happen after several hundred years of white slavery since we're talking about a BIG "what if" here, but my best guess is that white people would commit a majority of the crime in America and would have a disproportional representation in the prison population.

And I guess the only way to remedy the problem of white crime at that point would be to abort all white babies and essentially wipe out the "problem" white race.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Not all crime is committed by black people though...

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
OK, I am going to use his logic here.

There is a strong correlation between crime and poverty, so lets think about that.

If we aborted every white baby born, then that would free up more future jobs for black folks living in poverty. Thus reducing poverty and reducing crime.

So would he approve of aborting every white baby born?

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Slavery ended 140 years( + or -) ago. Black leaders need to stop using that as a crutch and as an excuse.

Here read all of this.

www.latimes.com...

Roper

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Let’s break this down

"you wanted to reduce crime ... if that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down."

"would be an impossible, ridiculous, and morally reprehensible thing to do," then added again,

"but the crime rate would go down."

Do you see where he clarified his own statement? A double entendre if there ever was one. He meant every word. He renders the second statement useless by clarifying the first.

The intended is marked by “but the crime rate would go down”. You see it doesn’t matter if he thinks abortion is morally wrong. By saying the crime rate would still go down, is the double entendre of the whole.

-=topper=-

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I can't believe how much people are blowing this out of proportion.

If he said, "if you reduced the amount of people in poverty in the USA, the crime rate would go down" then no one would be saying anything about it.

But because he used the words "Abort" and "Black" everyone jumps on the PC bandwagon.

What he said was true, it was completely hypothetical.

Just shows how much people blow things out of context nowadays.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Oh yeah, there it is...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join