It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abu Ghraib Videos Show Children Being Raped

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
And this makes me brainwashed just because i don't hold the same opinion you do?

No because of what you support and how they gain support.

It is my choice to support the resistance, from the articles that i have read.

That it is, but you claim we are brainwashed while you yourself are brainwashed.

No body sat me down for 6 months training and taught me "supporting the resistance 101". No i didn't join the armed forces to do that, unlike our friend here.

6 months?
His son went into the army and sat down for atleast 7 and a 1/4 or for 13 months.
You dont even know what they teach our troops do they?
Our troops arent taught "support the flag orah!" and dont have "I love marine corp" drilled into thier heads day and night.

Like YOU have ideas about your so called British and American "freedom fighters" and democracy spreaders, WHOME YOU so radically support?

I wouldnt say radically, he's not in iraq orginising an anti insurgent resistance group so I guess not.
They are democracy spreaders and do fight for freedom, and the freedom to choose their own government.

You sir, are very much. MISTAKEN.

Is he?
I have seen what "the word" of these people can do, its not nice and its dishonourable.

LOL LOL LOL LOL !!!!!!!! when have i ever said it was ok to kill in the name of god?

You support people that do, one and the same right?

NEVER. And i Dare you to try to find one quote where i said so.

I have always said, it is ok to kill those who have invaded and occupied your country.

It's called war.

Do police men invade countries?
Do women and children go strapped with AK's to thier chests and invade, no they dont.

It's not, Martin luther King was a Martyr, and he was killed for what he belived.

MLK died advocating peace, he was already a hero.

Malcom X was a martyr and he was shot outside his home.

He was not.
He was shot at a ball room, also he died advocating peace, not blowing himself up.

Rachael Corrie was a martyr, and she was buldozed to death by IDF troops, while trying to stop the destruction of a palestinian home.

Did she advocate matyrs? Did she say it was right to strap a bomb to her chest and bomb people?

The Zulu's where martyrs, because they died trying to fight for their homeland.

The Zulu's fought in another time, its like comparing apples and oranges.

I have never heard this from the resistance. What You are thinking about the CIA and MOSSAD run "al Qaeda", not my resistance . It's ok to kill the invaders and occupiers of your country whatever god you belive in, and even if you don't belive in one. And it's ok to do it however you can, ofcource while protecting the lives of the innocent.

The CIA and MOSSAD run alqaeda, some ones grasping for strings.
If its ok for what you've suggested then why do you support people who murder and kill INNOCENT people?

But you know what's quiet hypocritical is that Martyrdom is in US culture as well.

We are not americans, it is not our culture.

Have you ever watched the movie ID4 (independance day) ?

Well i do belive at the end of that movie, and american pilot suicides bombs an alien ship.

Yeah I did watch it, funny last time I checked he didnt crash his F-15 fighter into a village of aliens just to take down one soldeir...

Sure it sounds funny
but still the culture is there. You are the one who has been conditioned to demonise the resistance.

What culture? To die for your country and family?
Its the exact oposite here.

What about the Kamikazies, who steered their aircraft into enemy ships?
[edit on 3-10-2005 by Syrian Sister]

Why dont you ask japan about that.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
ahem..
I think you missed my post syrian sister...
Let me highlight it for you..

Syrian Sister, I have an off-topic question:
I presume you are of middle-eastern origin and I would really like to know if you stay in the Middle-east..
Its for this informal survey I am conducting on ATS members, who are of non-western origin..
I am from India, reside in India....etc. etc..

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

You claim you don't kill civilians, but your history says otherwise. And this goes beyond my lai and iraq, depleted uranium and agent orange.

The rapes, the torture. Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Dresdan.

There is a history here a bloody history. And it starts with the death of 10 million native americans.

I was under the impression that the topic here was the torture and rape of children being held in Abu Ghraib prison? I have stated my position on this subject more than once in this thread. We can go round and round compairing atrocities through out history but none of it has any bearing on this threat. It is fairly obvious that I am from the US, but yet you haven't graced us with the knowledge of your nationality despite several requests. Yes I can see your screen name, does that mean that you are from Syria? I don't want to assume something that might not be correct. If you are from Syria I could go into the history of that country and find several things that Syria has done, but that would be something for a different thread. If you have anything constructive to say about the current topic I would be most interesting in hearing it, but if all you are going to do is to spout rhetoric you can keep it too yourself. HAVE A NICE DAY!

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The info i had heard, was that the videos were of rapes of children, but not by American soldiers...
by iraqi prisoners... that were raping other prisoners (male youths)... and the videos were taken to shame the men with there own people...

I guess that plan was never instigated due to the complicitcy of the Americans in such nature of the crimes...

at some point it will be better to air the truth, with disdain, rather than protect it until it burns right thru...

If it does turn out to be true, that any American raped iraqi females or children... then they should be turned over to the Iraqis for torture...er... make that trial...

Any that are guilty are more than deserving of whatever justice the Iraqi's would dispense, and we wouldn't claim them as our guys anymore anyway...

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Reading the reports again lazarus, i found that the claim was actually rape of a child by a soldier "name withheld" and not by felow iraqies.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
We-America- are known as the great satan. We know our government planned things like project northwoods, covered-up 9/11, anthrax came from our defense labs, 9/11 hijackers were trained in American bases, they conducted mind control experiments on our troops and the public at large, opened up an office called OSI whose mission is to lie to the world press and the people of the world, scammed us out of hundreds of billions in the savings and loan scam, congressmen ran homosexual whore houses, have sex with page boys and interns, waste our money, fix elections, ran and continue to run drugs, lie as a pretext for war, and so on.

Nobody but the stupid are still believing in America. The gig is up, the government is beyond hope, America is on the verge of economic collapse, the media is nothing but a government controlled spin machine and the people just sit back and watch our country burn while the people fiddle and sit at their keyboard scratchin their heads. THERE IS NO MYSTERY.

We're 10 trillion in debt, at war in two countries and planning to invade two more, the gov and media are on a mission to lie to the people, social seciruty trust fund continues to be raided, elctions continue to be rigged, afghan herion floods our streets, we tookover the 2nd largest oil reserves in the world and raised the price of gas to three bucks a gallon, It's only a matter of a short time.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Shot Messenger, I agree with your statement. Woe is indeed onto us as Americans.

My question is, not attempting to steer the thread, how do we change govt. behavior? How do we redirect things? This is where we should be focusing our energy. If we can do that on ATS we are not spinning our wheels. If we can come to some agreement on the basic changes that need to occur we can perhaps plant the seed. All is not lost and there are things worth saving.

My suggestion of a few priorities that need to be redirected/changed:

1) Our (fed. govt.) concept of national security - My belief is that our govt. is focused on the preservation of the govt. presently in power at all costs rather than the preservation of democracy by policies which support the health and growth of res publica as opposed to the health and growth of concentrated wealth in few hands.

The Founding Father's concept was of a continuing revolution of the people by voting in new leaders on a regular basis. The control of media and presence of private resources in elections pollutes the pond and prevents the electoral system from functioning. Solution? Instant runoff voting ((IRV) would allow third party candidates to challenge the status quo. Requiring only public funding of elections and/or equal time on major media regardless of cash would also help.

2) Legislation prohibiting govt. officials and immediate family members who have worked in oversight of a given industry from ever - EVER - later becoming employed by or receiving any benefit from that industry.

It would be a start. And, to remark at least minimally on this thread's topic, the creation of an international body whose purpose is only to monitor human rights and Geneva Convention compliance of all jails, prisons, and any environment where human beings are held against their will whether on criminal charges or for any reason and report on compliance and violations directly to local govt. officials as well as the public and the World Court. Sort of like Amnesty International only with recognition (but not cotrol) from UN member nations.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Reading the reports again lazarus, i found that the claim was actually rape of a child by a soldier "name withheld" and not by felow iraqies.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by Syrian Sister]

can u give up that report so i can look it up myself before i make ani comments on it? that would really help me become more knowledgable.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join