It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOST...Spoilers??? What's behind it all maybe?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
You may just be on to something here, Gaz.
The computers and machinery in the bunker is obviously from the 1980s, which leads me to believe that it is connected somehow with the Cold War. Hmm ... Project Phoenix? Perhaps the bunker complex is a Montauk-type installation from the Cold War that was designed to allow people to travel back in time should a massive nuclear war take place between the USSR and the US. The time travellers would be charged with preventing the catastrophe from ever occurring. In this way the world would rise from the ashes, phoenix-style. Perhaps the catastrophe did in fact take place, given that Desmond makes a comment to Locke to the effect: "You mean the world is still out there?" indicating that he obviously believes the world has been, or was going to be, destroyed.

As for Locke's paralysis, does anybody else see a link between Jack's wife being paralysed and then miraculously healed and Locke undergoing a similar miracle?

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
i doubt the whole world just suddenly went to in war, or was destroyed, that might account for the plane going down (loss of navigation perhaps) but it wouldn't explain why other planes and ships were attracted to the island too (going back up to 50 years to the bodies in the cave). there was the french science expidition, the lost people themselves, the drug smugglers, however ethan and possibly others came to be on the island, and maybe more who we don't yet know about.

i think whatever we guess or whatever we think is going to be right there's always going to be a twist. we're never going to know exactly what is really going on, i think the actors themselves found it hard to understand. the writters probably barely know everything themselves lol.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
i know what those numbers mean!! or atleast think i do. what got me thinking was the episode 'numbers', hence the book of the bible 'numbers'. well we all know what the first number is '4'. here is an opening statement from verse 4 of numbers: The LORD said to Moses and Aaron: "Take a census of the Kohathite branch of the Levites by their clans and families''. what did hurley also do...take a census of the people. also in genesis 4, we have this: Adam lay with his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, "With the help of the LORD I have brought forth a man." claire also had a baby, also a boy, who is now named aaron (moses + aaron did the census).

8) from genesis 8: But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded. 2 Now the springs of the deep and the floodgates of the heavens had been closed, and the rain had stopped falling from the sky. in a few episodes from the end locke says 'there's a storm coming' i'm guessing lots of rain??

15)genesis 15: After this, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision: locke had visions, talk of the island telling him what to do, much like the lord in abraham's visions telling him what to do.

o.k so that's all i got. i'm pretty sure in some way those numbers are connected to happenings in the bible. it's a pretty huge job to find all connections though. those first few for number 4 and 8 seem pretty close to what happened with the birth of a man, and the census hurley conducted.

AND THE ANSWER TO THE WHOLE UNIVERSE...would it be a coincidence if i said '42'? check this out:

42..the answer to the universe

it is also not a coincidence that there were exactly 42 rows on the plane...

finally i'd like to point out the pilot for the 2nd series... ''the genesis''...

[edit on 3-10-2005 by shaunybaby]

[edit on 3-10-2005 by shaunybaby]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The island looks like Honolulu!!! I was using Google Earth to roughly compare the island to the map on the 1st page! The map is a bit inacurate in shape and size but some features are there! Also if they went back or forward in time you have to compensate for natural changes in the physical shape of the island.

Honollulu:

Crater:

Off the coast is Alex's island:

And in conclusion:

Have I done it again? We have to wait until next year for season 2 in Ireland!!! Damn RTE!!

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Am I a thread killer or is nobody online?

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
thread killer or no lost fans on this forum.

i've just finished watching the first series i ordered from the states, just downloading first 2 eps from series two now
can't wait till next year when they show em in england.

o.k, now honestly, everyone own up... who here is going to pick their lottery numbers and put '4 8 15 16 23 42' lol

if they did win, you'd probably have to share your prize with 1000s of others as i bet lots are choosing those.

D

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Season Two just gets better. Can't wait for episode 3.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
series 2 is when you actually start to find out stuff, series 1 you didn't really find out too much apart from wierd unexplanable stuff, but this series all answer should be revealed

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

The island looks like Honolulu!!!

Makes sense, as they film it in Hawaii....

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well, we got some more details last night. The Project is called the Dharma initiative, and the symbol in the middle is a swan, so that was confirmed. We also know the facility was supposed to be some kind of research commune, however, Dharma 3 (the island station) had some kind of incident, and now 2 people have to press the button every 108 minutes to avoid "something", obviously that was put in place to prevent whatever incident occurred. (a Montauk-like rip in space/time could certainly fit here).

There was also a mini armory inside the facility as well. So far, this theory is looking pretty good.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Also Gazrock, the film that introduced us with the name "Dharma Inititiave" said that the two creatures of it were researches in psychology and para-psychology.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Yep, which would certainly apply to a Montauk-like project...

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Montauk project is just when those three dudes jumped off the Eldridge right? And Von Nuemann was there too? He sent them back to smash the generators? Man, I'm so confused!

[edit on 6/10/05 by Atomix]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I was disappointed that Walt (the kid) wasn't in the last episode...in the first episode he appeared to Shannon then...nothing. The other's that captured his father and Sawyer aren't the same from last seasons final episode. Wondering if this is a whole different group of people stranded on the island ???

And, I was thinking maybe the magnetic pull of the "Dharma Initiative" is what caused the plane crashes and wrecks that has them all stranded.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
I was disappointed that Walt (the kid) wasn't in the last episode...in the first episode he appeared to Shannon then...nothing. The other's that captured his father and Sawyer aren't the same from last seasons final episode. Wondering if this is a whole different group of people stranded on the island ???

And, I was thinking maybe the magnetic pull of the "Dharma Initiative" is what caused the plane crashes and wrecks that has them all stranded.

SPOILERS

1) The people that captured Sawyer, Jin, and Michael are the survivors of the tail section, including Ana-Lucia and Rose's husband.

2) The child actor who plays Walt was almost recast, because the producers couldn't come to financial terms with his parents. That's why you don't see him that much early on.

3) The man that died, because Jack chose to save Sarah (The woman he married), was Shannon and Boone's father.

4) The next episode is a Hurley episode, and that's followed by a Jin episode. So, they reveal that Jin speaks english during the Hurley episode, and then they follow that with the backstory explaining why.

5) The shark had the Dharma logo on it.

6) I've said it before, but I'll repeat it here. LOST is a retelling of Shakespeare's THE TEMPEST, and the subsequent remake film FORBIDDEN PLANET.

www.belowtopsecret.com...'

[edit on 6-10-2005 by brimstone735]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Found something interesting! ABC just put out a Hanso Foundation website, with some juicy info!

Hanso Foundation Mission Statement

Some info on Alvar Hanso

Active projects

check out some of the active projects. Accelerated remote viewing, for example, catches my eye.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia

i was thinking the same thing. still wouldn't explain why they survived the crash.

Originally posted by brimstone735
1) The people that captured Sawyer, Jin, and Michael are the survivors of the tail section, including Ana-Lucia and Rose's husband.

that would explain why the woman they put down there to get the gun off them knew the 'others' (tail end survivors).

part of the dharma experiments? like the polar bears, which were shown in the film by dharma.

6) I've said it before, but I'll repeat it here. LOST is a retelling of Shakespeare's THE TEMPEST, and the subsequent remake film FORBIDDEN PLANET.

would be nice if you elaborate on some of your ideas or how you came about finding them...

anyone noticed how in the 2nd series they re-tell a lot of the previous episode, but adding in few more details. for example when locke goes down in the hatch, jack follows, desmond has gun on locke, jack points his gun. but in the next episode we see everything that happened inbetween, like locke taking his shoes off, confrontation with kate and desmond etc... wierd way to tell the story...obviously has some significance though.

[edit on 7-10-2005 by shaunybaby]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Atomix, you're thinking of the Philladelphia Experiement, allegedly a precursor to Montauk. Montauk was supposedly a later project to draw from what was learned then...and control it better. Check some of the links.

Problem: What about the sailing ship "Black Rock"? The weird magnetic fields were already on the island, the project came there to study them. There was an incident (as mentioned on the orientation tape), and this seems to somehow tie into some kind of stabilization method that has to be continually monitored and reset (every 108 minutes).

Jack had drinks with Ana-Lucia during one of the flashbacks, so SHE's a survivor of the tail section. Whether the others are, remains to be seen, but is certainly plausible.

We still don't know exactly what Dharma is. There was a polar bear in Walt's comic. Walt can seemingly manifest what he reads at times, so this could be the connection instead. There was no logo shown on the polar bear.

This is what many fansites say, and may also be correct. The symbol though, was the big weird factor for me....as I mentioned, it's EXTREMELY similar to one I've seen connected with Montauk, as shown earlier in this thread.

anyone noticed how in the 2nd series they re-tell a lot of the previous episode, but adding in few more details. for example when locke goes down in the hatch, jack follows, desmond has gun on locke, jack points his gun. but in the next episode we see everything that happened inbetween, like locke taking his shoes off, confrontation with kate and desmond etc... wierd way to tell the story...obviously has some significance though.

I call it keeping the suspense...

The preview for next week seems to confirm that Jin speaks English (he didn't exactly muddle through what he said)...

[edit on 7-10-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Looks like everybody missed my post

oh well.

anyways, if you searched that site, you find a good ammount of info on this hanso guy, aswell as his companies projects, which may, in turn, reveal a bit more about the island.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Problem: What about the sailing ship "Black Rock"? The weird magnetic fields were already on the island, the project came there to study them. There was an incident (as mentioned on the orientation tape), and this seems to somehow tie into some kind of stabilization method that has to be continually monitored and reset (every 108 minutes).

well the island does literally seem to be a magnet to ships and planes.

i want to know one thing... why in the world does the 4 8 15 16 23 42 have to be put in by a person!! it can't be set up on some sort of computer program to do it by itself? and if you're worried about the computer crashing have lots of backups.

on the dharma video it said about them doing 'zoology' experiments and they had pictures of polar bears.

perhaps dharma created everything on the island, the electromagnet to bring people to the island, for one huge psychological experiment?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join