It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOST...Spoilers??? What's behind it all maybe?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
NOTE: I have NO idea if I'm right here, but fair warning anyhow....

I was trying to think of where I'd seen the I Ching symbol (the one on Desmond's shirt, the shark, the food in the hatch, etc.)....and it dawned on me.....

The Montauk Project!

Then I remember that there have been all kinds of mentions of a Project (Phoenix I think), in Long Island, NY.

How about this about Montauk....

People had their psychic abilities enhanced to the point where they could materialize objects out of thin air [like a Polar Bear, Bird, etc. - Walt]. Stewart Swerdlow claims to have been involved in the Montauk Project, and as a result, he says, his "psionic" faculties were boosted, but at the cost of emotional instability, post-traumatic stress disorder, and other issues.

from Wikipedia

By the way, Hurley knows the answer to Desmond's snowman riddle (I think it was, "do you smell carrots" from last season), as it's obvious the guy who told the numbers to Hurley in the loony bin, is somehow involved in the project.

Another weird thing, 8, 12, 15, and 16 were Apollo missions, Apollo candy bars...connection?

[edit on 29-9-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
That's the logo , I just skimmed a Google searched on "The Montauk Project" but could not come up with the same image... how are you associating the two?

I missed one episode but something about the guy in the "hatch" being the same guy the doc met in the football stands after not being able to "fix his daughter so she could dance at her wedding

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Link

Gaz How are you linking montauk?

EDIT: fixed link

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Lookie here....

www.fusionanomaly.net...

(first link I could find)...

Also, the Phoenix project (mentioned on the show during an episode)...
is mentioned on this page as well...

NOt I-Ching Either I'm afraid

You're not seeing the similarity here???

Note, if you right-click on properties of the image, you'll see the "mont" moniker....

Here's a screenshot of the image in the show:

Now the symbol:

Different characters, but same idea....

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
www.mygeekyplace.net...

how do you link that to montauk?

I looked at www.fusionanomaly.net...

don't see anything close to the 1st link .

I must be missing something you see clearly... I like what your thinking but can't see the connection as clear as you..... what am I missing?

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Holy crap, this makes perfect sense...

Found this about Montauk mythology...

An alien monster traveled through the time tunnel, destroyed equipment and devoured researchers. The tunnel was shut down and the creature destroyed.

What if the plane went through a time tunnel, and they are on Long Island of the past? Kind of a Bermuda triangle bit... That would explain the "Others", members of other such wrecks, like the Black Rock, etc. The bunker there was likely there to try and harness the naturally occuring rift, etc. That would explain why no planes fly overhead, they can't pick up any other transmissions, etc.

I must be missing something you see clearly... I like what your thinking but can't see the connection as clear as you..... what am I missing?

Yeah, this sucks, I can't remember what link I was on that took me to the original site I pulled that image off of... I remembered it from a while back, and was shocked to see it again. I'll keep trying to find the complete link that had the image and explanation...

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
the theme does fit, but the logo thing is killing me

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

D

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Good info Gazrok. I went and did a little more searching for the Montauk Project and came across this:

The Many Worlds Interpretation is an application of the subatomic theorems of Quantum Mechanics to the larger, more familiar scale of matter that we call "reality". The MWI posits that every possibility in reality IS happening. "We" (down to the smallest subatomic particle) are all perceiving and creating infinite parallel universes, constantly. Montaukians and the MWI agree that we each have myriad versions of ourselves simultaneously existing in an endless "smear" of parallel worlds, locked into similar time-track illusions but with slightly different variables, extending infinitely.

Montauk Project

It's a bit tongue in cheek (some if it) but does provide some more theories.

Edit: Considering the nature of this forum and the amount of research and intelligence members of this board are capable of, I really wouldn't be suprised if a lot of the theories brought up here end up being on the show itself.

Edit 2:

Oceanic Flight 815 The little flash animation is interesting. Looks like a 3D Radar or something. Could be linked to the parallel universe concept. Also, when on the site click on the barcode to the bottom left of "media" and type in 'theislandiswaiting' (without quotation marks) and read what comes up.

[edit on 29/9/05 by D]

[edit on 30/9/05 by D]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Interesting, but is that link confirmed to be by the show producers? It could be a fan-based, or even producer-based, red-herring....

Though, "zombies" would explain Walt and the "others" we saw at the end of the episode. Still though, not buying it. They wouldn't want Walt just to make him a zombie...

I'm thinking that the others recognize Walt's gift, and would like to use it to escape from the island....

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Also, that symbol is the Dharma symbol. Dharma, is the name for Karma based religions, essentially, and basically means "The path to a higher enlightenment."

I though another thing that was interesting what How Desmond was talking about a disease, asking if they were infected. Its very possible everybody is just sick with something, and halucinating alot of things, like the monster, the black smoke, the Jacks father rising from the dead. And as for Lockes legs, well, maybe it was psychopsymatic, and the grief of everything sortof made him paralyzed, and not really from a physical ailment.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Locke's legs are still one thing I can't see fitting....with this idea anyhow. Though I'm sure that's a more minor point. I think Locke may also be a talented one, who is subconsciously altering reality for himself (i.e. making himself this outdoorsy hunter/warrior he always pictured himself as, but never was back in the real world)....and this may account for the leg fixing.

I've looked now into some of the fan sites, and DHARMA seems to be on the symbol... Also, others have made the Montauk connection...
Some even before seeing the symbol...that's impressive, hehe...

The "disease" might have been the side effect of the project (insanity), and finding no other reason for it, the assumption may have been a contamination. Remember the magnet though....and then think about Montauk. It could have been a spike in the magnetic field that triggered the insanity. The "others" could be either deranged former project workers, other shipwreck/plane survivors, and or a combination of the two....

[edit on 30-9-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Does anyone have a picture of the map of the island ??

I'm curious whether increasing or decreasing sea levels will clarify whether it is an actual place in another time.

One thing though, surely if it were Long Island back in the mists of time then they'd still be able to see the American continent.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Yeah, I actually just threw that out there... I'm actually thinking it's an island just outside the flight path, in one of the six triangles (Bermuda isn't the only one you know)....

D

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Interesting, but is that link confirmed to be by the show producers? It could be a fan-based, or even producer-based, red-herring....

Yeah it's an official site, but some of the stuff they've had has been played out on the show, but it could still be a red herring. We'll just have to wait and see. The Montauk Project seems to be coming more plausible.

Originally posted by John bull 1
Does anyone have a picture of the map of the island ??

Taken from www.blackrock.nl...

Edit to add picture

Edit 2 to fix picture

[edit on 30/9/05 by D]

[edit on 30/9/05 by D]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
So, let's compare...

Long Island...(rotated to compare)
external imageexternal image

Granted, the one from the show may be a rough impression, but there are some remarkable similarities... as far as certain matching bays, the fact of a chain in the upper left, etc.

Of course, this also may just be a coincidence, or they may have loosely based the island on this and then expounded, who knows? The thing is, they HAVE mentioned Long Island on the show...though not in the context of being anywhere near it... Just more weirdness....

[edit on 30-9-2005 by Gazrok]

[edit on 2-10-2005 by John bull 1]

D

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Which episode did they mention it?

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I think they look even more similar if you take the valley down the middle of the Lost island as the straight of water between the mainland and Long Island.

EDIT: Just add that if that were the case and the valley was the straight and right of valley (on above images) would be part of Long Island and the left side would be part of the mainland. In that case the large crater indicated on the Lost Map is exactly where New York City would be..................................................

[edit on 2-10-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   

pretty similar to the island our lost friends are on...

i think the island is either in some sort of different time, or anywhere that isn't actually reality.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
on oceanicflight815.com it says something about being on the island for 40 days. this is the amount they are on there for the first series. we have the 'exodus' 'numbers' '40 days(noah's ark)'...a lot to do with religions and faith in the island (locke is always going on about the island telling them what to do next, having faith etc)...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join