It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to talk to my spirit guide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I want to talk to my spirit guide, but I can't do it!

I have read that to communicate with ones spirit guide you should relax and think the questions and the answers will come naturally.

OK so I start off by relaxing myself in a quiet room. Which is not a problem. Then I say in my mind "Hello" and nothing comes back, well nothing that I don't control anyway. I say "Is it sunny today" and I know the answer is yes, so I wait for the yes answer but all I feel is myself saying yes.

This does not feel like how it's supposed to be. Is it like those magic eye pictures that you can only "see" when yur mind is in a certain trance-like state? There was years that I couldn't see them, then all of a sudden one day I could and I can see them anytime now.

Can anyone actually explain how it feels when a response is given by the spirit guide. Does it feel like it comes from within, or does it feel like a different person talking? Can you anticipate what is going to be said, or are there complete surprises?

I would like to hear from anyone of their experiences and if anyone has any tips for me.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Hi Observer! I have had this experience when I was younger about 10 or 11. Unfortunatley although I know that my guide is always there it has become more difficult over the yrs to make that contact because my mind isn't as still as it once was.

But you asked how do you know if it's your spirit guide or your own thoughts. Well I remember when I needed advice from my guide whom I called Cindy because that was the impression of the name when spoken to, I would ask a question and the answers that I received where in my own tone of voice but the speech was different.

What was being said back to me in the way of an answer wasn't the way I would normally speak at 10 yrs old, the voice that came back in my thoughts was an older wiser voice. And that is how I knew that it wasn't me playing an imaginary friend or something.

One other thing too with "Cindy" is that I always didn't want to agree with her advice because usually the questions I asked when I was that age was for personal benefit and I didn't always get the response I was looking for and she would tell me to stop acting like a brat.

Now I knew I wouldn't say that to myself.

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheObserver
I want to talk to my spirit guide, but I can't do it!

I have read that to communicate with ones spirit guide you should relax and think the questions and the answers will come naturally.

Thanks!

Well, frankly, I am your spirit guide! But all of those reports on how to contact me have been greatly exagerated....you can't contact me just by closing your eyes and thinking thoughts at me. You have to either 1, call me on the phone -- if you happen to know my unlisted telephone number or 2, try to send me a U2U.

Oh, by the way, as your spirit guide, I might suggest that you send me money. Yeah, that's it, send me money. If you U2U me, I'll give you the details as to how to deposit your monetary sacrifices or offerings into my Swiss Bank Account. Oh, by the way, I'll give you a lot of real good advice. Here's a freebie.....eat a lot of vegetables and try to get more sleep. As your spirit guide, I really worry and care about you. Now go to the bank and start making withdrawals.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
i just have one tip for you: DONT TRY SOOOO HARD,...

...and it should work.

[edit on 29-9-2005 by nukunuku]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I say in my mind "Hello" and nothing comes back...

The spirit which is inside of you does not respond like a cellphone with good batteries...you first need to know how it can converse with you. The message can come in a dream, or even an event in your life that has relevance to the questions you ask. An excellent way to communicate with the 'subjective' side of your brain (the creative part) is to ask the question before sleeping. When you awake, you just may have the answer from a dream or even a 'eureka moment' where, as you awake, you wonder why you hadn't known that yesterday.

Can anyone actually explain how it feels when a response is given by the spirit guide. Does it feel like it comes from within, or does it feel like a different person talking? Can you anticipate what is going to be said, or are there complete surprises?

My totem is 'Snake'...I know...not very glamorous, but It's mine. When I see a snake, whether it's laying on a rock sunning itself, or on a TV show, or written about in something I'm reading, I take note of everything which is around me. If I see a snake, my mind races on about everything in my life...my wife, my family, my health, etc. If a snake is part of a dream, I try to fix everything about that dream before it slips from my memory. In this way, I have established a connection with the greater spirit.

When I want to find an answer to my problems, I envision Snake in my mind, seeing It's markings, watching how It moves, trying to understand Its intentions. The answers either come right away or over weeks and months afterwards.

I hope this explains things a little in how I understand it.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Don't expect the answer the same time you ask the question.

While doing your meditations, ask that your spirit guide make themselves known to you, and that you're ready and willing to hear whatever they have to say.

Then finish your meditations and move on. You may or may not get any response at that time, but what you need to do now, is to look for signs and responses anytime thereafter during your daily doings. It's funny, sometimes, you could be driving your car, or mowing the lawn or doing some other task, when your spirit guide suddenly feels the urge to communicate.

The trickiest part of communicating with your spirit guide is knowing how to differientiate from the ego, your own thoughts and that of your guide.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I Talk to mine alot, Daily ask them to help me.

Right I see what you are saying lol about how you feel you are answering questions yourself,

It does take time to be able to hear the spirit guide, And that’s why we start with simple Yes or no questions, Its almost a training for your mind so you can begin to hear the difference,

How long have you been doing this?

Some tips to help you, When you ask questions also pay attention to feelings you have around you and your body, these can also be signs that its your spirit guide around you,

Sometimes you may feel a small pressure on top of your head, Also a sensation on the left side of the body or face,

It does take a little time but you will get there just try and look out for the other signs, And theirs no harm asking your Spirit guide to help you hear better or make there presence know a little more,

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
It's funny, sometimes, you could be driving your car, or mowing the lawn or doing some other task, when your spirit guide suddenly feels the urge to communicate.

I get that alot whilst driving in the form of visions. Also all is already said & done by the time my spirit has channeled thru me for a particular purpose. I know this because once its done, I wonder what got into me. It feels very spontaneous & channeled, that's for sure.

As for asking for solutions, the answeres usually present themselves via events/people. So the key is to be aware of who/what brings you the answer. If you keep to yourself all the time blocking out what happens around you, then you miss out on the info.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Thank you to everyone that has taken time to answer in this thread so far.

It is apparent to me that different people communicate with their spirit guide in different ways and it is this that confuses me immensely.

Could it be that some are mistaken that they are communicating with their spirit guide when really it is another side to themselves? Please don't interpret that as an insult, it is not intened that way. I just want to understand, and I don't at the moment and it frustrates me.

Maybe the spirit guide has to communiate in different ways for different people because they are only open in that particular manner, e.g. masqua has his/her snake, if it was a bird maybe he/she would ignore it. That my sound stupid but I'm only summising.

I think that part of my problem of not being able to communicate is down to me being too logical or scientific. I am a computer programmer and even though I am creative in certain ways, I think that my logic is like a barrier between me and that side of things.

nukunuku suggested that I maybe trying too hard, and he may be right.

I think it may be a case that I just can't do it because my ties with the physical are too strong.

Any ideas??

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
an appropriate nick you have Observer.....the way i see it your spiritual guide is indeed your quiet self, "the observer", not you the commentator that have to rationally explain every little thing to yourself.
So just sit and observe your breathing and the flow of your thoughts, but dont go after them, do not think about your thoughts, just let them go....this is pretty hard to do as you will see, becouse the nature of the mind is to question everything. So if it happens to you just go back to your the observation point and continue.
When i practised for a while i noticed my breathing changing by itself, its like your body instinctively knows what to do, what you wish it to do.....so the mechanisms are all in you already, you will build enough prana to experience many wonderfull things, eventually. All it takes is energy, the rest we have been preprogrammed with...wonderfull isnt it

I noticed i never got anywhere if i was pushing myself into it. Its like you cant force yourself to skip a few lessons, i guess a nice little fail-safe mechanisc is built into us as well......perfection by all means.
The answers which you seek for me are usually short, witty and to the point, it all makes me

Please dont consider this a recipe, its my perspective on the subject, the least i can do is to share it with you. Im just saying take your time and just let it happen

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
an appropriate nick you have Observer.....the way i see it your spiritual guide is indeed your quiet self, "the observer"

totally true...I've often read where our conscience is called 'The Observer', as if it were an existential part of our being.

I believe in the soul, not as a part of our physical being, but more like a temporary attachment which guides our morality and aids our decisions.
The soul, in turn, is in tune with the 'collective conscience' or, all the other Observers out there.

The 'Observer' within each of us is the umbilical cord which ties us all to 'one another' and somehow, it is all 'One Thing', tied to all other things in the universe.

There are some words in the English language which are telling in that light;

forgotten...for ( intended as ownership) gotten (something to be regained)
remember... re (to regain) member (a part which was lost)

The brain is much more than a gooey bundle of material which turns to mush once dead...it is the repository of connections to every thing around us and the only way we can know this is by listening to 'The Observer'.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hi TheObserver,

I've been a spiritual medium for many years -- check out my profile -- and would like to help you learn to communicate more effectively with the Other Side.

First off, keep in mind that there is no central agency that delegates guides. The Universe is not that organized. Spirit guides are just people in the discarnate realms who are there to help us for one reason or another. It could be to amend a karmic debt, it could be because they were a friend or lover of ours, it could be because they are on a similar spiritual path, or it could be a combination of the above. Some are nobler and more educated than others and one’s guide(s) can change over time.

It is apparent to me that different people communicate with their spirit guide in different ways and it is this that confuses me immensely.

Could it be that some are mistaken that they are communicating with their spirit guide when really it is another side to themselves? Please don't interpret that as an insult, it is not intended that way. I just want to understand, and I don't at the moment and it frustrates me.

You are having this problem because you are conditioned to believe in the Freudian psychological paradigm; that there are areas of the brain which create our dreams and can talk to us. In my opinion and experience, this is simply untrue. It is impossible to separate consciousness in this way.

Sigmund Freud was an atheist who did not embrace the notion that the soul exists prior to birth and after death and that discarnates constantly interact telepathically with the incarnate population. Consequently, his conclusions, which formed the foundation of modern psychology, were distorted.

Meditate on this spiritual truth that I have discovered:

Every thought and feeling that is not willfully created is channeled from Spirit.

To Freud, discarnates or spirits were a fantasy of the subconscious. However, in my opinion and experience, there is no subconscious!

When we go to bed at night, one part of our brain does not turn on to create dreams for us. What really happens is that we simply become more receptive to telepathic messages given to us that are usually conveyed symbolically. In other words, all dreams are channeled. Most of them are not spiritual or helpful because most people on the Other Side are not spiritually conscientious.

Sylvia Brown, the well-known television psychic and successful author, once said that only 30% of those on the Other Side are devoted to The Light. In my experience, that is an underestimation and the situation is actually worse.

So you should expect that the vast majority of the energy that comes through to not be of a spiritual nature at all, just as you shouldn’t expect the vast majority of people in any forum to be spiritually focused.

Embracing this progressive understanding will make your channeling experience much easier.

Next, get yourself a copy of Opening To Channel. I don't agree with all their metaphysical ideas but the "how to" of mediumship is well thought out and useful

Remember the adage... "Prayer is talking to God and meditation is listening to God." Learn to do both effectively and allot time each day for both.

I have also learned that there is no "higher self" out there somewhere floating in the cosmos. When you are centered, the higher self is YOU. Whenever you hear your own voice in your head, it is not a part of your brain or your "higher self" talking to you; it is one or more people on the Other Side -- with their own reasons -- communicating.

Next, check out Majic's and my combined podcast which addresses discernment:

Spiritual Skepticism

Finally, the meditation thread started by TrueAmerican should also be pursued as it contains a lot of information that would help you in channeling Spirit:

Meditation, Channeling & Astral Projection

new topics

top topics

join