It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing StickyG -- Budding Electronic Musician

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   

PODcast: Introducing StickyG -- Budding Electronic Musician
Dusted off the ol' midi keyboard and reaquainted myself with cubase.

length: 03:09
file: bts_musicpodcast_394.mp3
size: 2968k
feed: btsm

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Very nice, StickyG!
The tempo had me fooled at first. I was surprised when the 'organ' came in.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a MIDI keyboard soon (my first). Any recommendations? I'm a beginner and will only do stuff for my own amusement (and the occasional PODcast, I'm sure).

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hey Sticky...

Wanna buy a recording studio? I have one for sale. The contents at least.

- G

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Really, thanks for the compliment. I haven't touched my midi setup in over a year and only renewed my interest after hearing some of the podcasts here. My intro above was a one nighter and everytime I listen to it, I find parts I would change, but in all fairness, it was more or less an exercise to refamiliarize myself with Cubase SX. Great program btw, as it serves as a top of the line sequencer with VST support. I am no professional musician by any standards and consider it more as another hobby to enjoy. I do have some electronic music and recording engineering classes under my belt, but I took those in a community college in the early 90's.

The midi keyboard I use, I picked up a few years ago at Guitar Center for 120 bucks. It's an "Oxygen 8" made by m-audio.

Link to Oxygen 8 on m-audio website

Neat little keyboard I must say, as it has more knobs than I know what to do with atm.

I hook it up to my computer via a midi cable and an audigy platinum soundcard. The keyboard can also be used via USB, but the high latency issues (time it takes for music program to recognize a keypress) make it almost worthless this way. Stick with midi cables and a capable sound card.

To jtma508:

While your offer is tempting....

Amazing how that stuff depreciates aint it? I have racks upon racks of effects processors, and closets full of instruments, all on my computer HD thanks to VST tech and the resources of the usenet. shhhhhhh.

peace

top topics

join