It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange Star

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Some of you may know about the previous star quake, it was a quake on a star far away and the energy released in 200 milliseconds was equivalent to what our sun releases in 250,000 years, so as you may have guessed, it was really bright i’m sure. But anyhow, as i lay in bed last night i couldn’t help but notice the star cluster (or what looks like a faint star cluster) that i can see from my back yard seldomly, so i was like cool check that out. Then i noticed a bright orange light next to it, it looked like a light bulb was on in space, it was huge, much bigger than any other stars, but of course much smaller than the moon. It wasn’t big enough to tell whether it was a star or planet, but it was bright, bright orange, so i thought maybe that’s the star's light finally reaching earth. So my question is it possible to see the star during this event with the naked eye. By the way, it’s not out tonight, and i live in eastern PA, just to give an approximate location.

Schmidt1989

Link to story-

Starquake

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Please read Astronomy: So You See a Bright Light?

And post the needed info back in here. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
9/27/2005 (My Birthday, Im 16 now!)
around 11:30
Clark PA, 41°16'55" North, 80°24'35" West (41.282049, -80.409591)
I was laying in bed, but it was up by the stars
No idea
It was larger than a star, looked kinda like mars did a few years ago, it was big and bright enough to make out a certain color, it was definitly orange, not white and tiny dots like the other stars, i dont know what constellation it was in though...

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
I was laying in bed, but it was up by the stars

Was it North, East, South, or West? About how high above the horizon was it? Halfway between straight up and the horizon? A third? Three quarters?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I have seen it to, I am in ny and I look to the east at around 5 am to see it. Its about halfway to the top of sky. I thought it a planet ?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
I have seen it to, I am in ny and I look to the east at around 5 am to see it. Its about halfway to the top of sky. I thought it a planet ?

Yeah, you're seeing Mars.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Mars is pretty close at the moment isn't it?

Every time I see one of these threads I pray to (insert deity here) that its a comet, asteroid, or some wandering Planet X filled with hostile Aliens.

Any one of the above would serve to unite humanity and makes us reach a higher goal....or just provide me with some light entertainment....One way or the other, it would be cool.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Damn, late again. Although I could've told you it was Mars without the info, cmdr.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Oh well, mars is still sweet, but i was hoping it was that star. but anyways, its hard to beleive we have objects roving around all the way out there, it just seems so far away...

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
yep Cmr beat me to it....

Yall are seeing mars. THe reason you cant see it all the time Schmidt1989 is because of the ROTATION OF EARTH and the MOVEMENT OF THE SKY!

you were proablly assuming that the sky stays the same all day but it changes due to the earths rotation. so when it wasnt there at so 9 pm but at indnight it was high in the sky you proablly jumped to conclusions. And yes mars is comming close to reaching its 18 month Perihelion .

Good luck take care and dont alwasy think something is wrong the world is a strange place which is why I walk out my door and say "Behold the glory of Planet Earth"
there are always discoveries to be made in your back yard.

top topics

join