It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Balloons???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have just been reading through some declasified NSA documents on UFO's. To say thay have been declassified is a bit of a joke really with between 95-99% of the page blanked out all in the course of good old national security! Basically they all read "UFO observed (probaly balloon) west of (blanked out) travelled east toward (blanked out) and then gave an estimated altitude with the remaining 90% or so of the page blanked. One thing I did find interesting though was in the altitude figures and I would appreciate anybodies expertise on the subject as it was reported in more than one of these reports that the objects were tracked at between 65000 and 98000 ft I was wondering if this is a physical possibility for a balloon???

heres an exampe of what i mean!

www.blackvault.com...

[edit on 28-9-2005 by Whiterabbit29]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Research balloons regularly fly at altitudes in excess of 100,000FT.

Some of NASA's newer Long Duration Balloons (LDB's) can fly at 80-100KFT for up to a month.

Now, the REAL question is, what did they mean by "Probably a balloon"?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I guess research balloons would be a fair enough explanation if there was 1 but in the example I gave there are 26 of these 'balloons' at altitudes of between 69000-98600ft! I agree with you on the point of why does it say probaly though! I checked through about 50 of the 117 reports on there and the vast majority said (probably balloons) the remainder gave no explanation!

Also If I remember correctly these reports are from between 1955 and 1978 not sure if that makes a difference as far as technologically possible!

[edit on 28-9-2005 by Whiterabbit29]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Nope, it doesn't. There were many high altitude balloon projects in that time frame. (Even earlier such as Mogul). Many involved multiple balloons as well (such as Mogul and Skyhook). One has to wonder more about why so many of the details would still be blacked out if this (balloons) is the case though.... Given the time frames involved though, balloons are more likely, as the first time frame is about 4 1/2 hours...so unless the points are really far from each other (as they are blacked out), this isn't exactly a quick UFO....

new topics

top topics

join