It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Euros and Russians are in on the manned moon mission...together

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The European Space Agency (Esa) is proposing joining forces with Russia to develop a new vehicle for human spaceflight, the Clipper.

The six-person spaceplane would give European astronauts autonomous access to the space station and the Moon.

Esa will ask its member states to fund a 30-40m-euro (£20-27m) preparatory study at its next ministerial meeting.
news.bbc.co.uk...

This information comes days after NASA disclosed its plans to rejoin humans with the moon. NASA's plans came months after China announced its plans to land men on the moon. Of course this has nothing to do with politics as was the case the first time men landed on the moon.

I wonder why NASA can't persuade anyone to join its happy adventure to the moon. NASA is the only space agency to ever land men on the moon but yet the ESA wants to join the Russians. I don't understand. Why can't the US persuade someone such as Canada or Mexico that going to the moon is worth the cost?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Why can't the US persuade someone such as Canada or Mexico that going to the moon is worth the cost?

Is that a joke? Canada and Mexico don't have a decent space program like the ESA or RSA you know. Yea Canada does have an Agency but mostly it's just for Robotic missions. Why don't you guys try to team up with Japan, Isreal and Brazil? All three seem serious in getting into space eventually.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Seems like a good idea to me, Countries of the world should be making more of an effort to get out into space! i know its an expensive job but the benifits will far out way that i reckon!

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
ESa always has a stumbling block when it comes to manned missions. Namely the British and some others are not that keen on it. I know the UK actually has a policy not to fund manned flights.

Why do you think all our astronauts go to NASA?

Bloody idiots, the Government. We could have been a major player in the space race on our own without the Europeans if we hadn't cancelled our rocket program in the 50's and 60's. They were just as (and in some cases actually better) than the American and Russian designs...

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty

This information comes days after NASA disclosed its plans to rejoin humans with the moon. NASA's plans came months after China announced its plans to land men on the moon. Of course this has nothing to do with politics as was the case the first time men landed on the moon.

I wonder why NASA can't persuade anyone to join its happy adventure to the moon. NASA is the only space agency to ever land men on the moon but yet the ESA wants to join the Russians. I don't understand. Why can't the US persuade someone such as Canada or Mexico that going to the moon is worth the cost?

Space exploration (not stations) is one adventure that the U.S does want to go-it-alone. The Europeans have the money and the Russians have the experience. And China has set no timeframe to go to the Moon.

new topics

top topics

join