It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy Sheehan Calls McCain a WarMonger

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
What behavior are you talking about? She is not doing what everyone expects a grieving morther to do and that is, stay home and keep quiet. But that does not make her crazy. Some might say she is taking her grief and channeling it in a more positive way and that is to try and end the war.

She's doing more harm than good to your movement, and turning off people like me, who don't support the war - but, also don't want to support lunatics of another color stripe.

But, hey, good luck with that.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
What exactly is it she has said or done that you find such a turn off?

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
What exactly is it she has said or done that you find such a turn off?

For starters, she's against the campaign in Afghanistan. She wants Israel out of Palestine. She's refusing to pay taxes for the year of 2004, and former POW John McCain - whether you agree with him or not, was nice enough to meet her, and she calls him a warmonger. Even though he was tortured by the damnable Viet Cong for how many years.

She's really, really bad at politics and public opinion.

But, the part that really bugs me, she was grinning like absolute idiot, enjoying every minute when the police cartered her off. I openly support people who protest the government, I've done it myself. But, I've never been glib about it.

Cindy Sheehan is a loose cannon, and every time she opens her mouth, you lose potential supporters. You gain 2, for every 5 she drives away.

That's just not smart.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I'm not worried a bit about this wierdo. Let her trott her stuff while claiming to be in morning. In fact, I wish the media would focus more on her 'movement'.

She's not paid what she's worth, that's for dang sure! She should be on the RNC payroll. Besides, the folks who are 'backing' her don't even vote! LOL

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
You must keep this in mind by careful media/educational "preconditioning. A default setting.

Keep in mind that Cindy Sheehan is a mother in mourning. This gives her automatic carte blanche to play through while others must stand pat. Others if possible must step back ten steps and allow her again automatic play through. This allows her total emotional chaos unlimited on any stage she chooses...we must allow her to play thorough with rabid rampant emotionalism. Politically and socially this is a free pass and you must step aside.
You people must remember that this is excellence and moral high ground today. Not thinking, not reason , not logic. You must step aside...default to Cindy Sheehans settings on her dial.
All of this means that emotionalism ...is excellence in politics now days. The very moral high ground. This emotional conduct of Cindy Sheehan follows closely on the heels of another emotional "victimization " technique used in politics that goes like this......"He played on our fears!!!!!"
From now on people ..please remember to stand pat and keep our mouths shut when emotional people like Cindy Sheehan come to play through. Especially those who do so launched on thier new careers by the death of a child.
How dare you people show such disrespect and think on your own value systems!!!!! Shame on you!!!

Thanks for standing pat and stepping aside,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735
For starters ....

And to continue on ... everything is a Jewish conspiracy and
it's the Jew's fault that Iraq has happened.

She's so anti-semetic it makes Farrakhan look like a school boy.

[edit on 10/3/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Thats a new one to me. I havent heard anything about her being antisemitic. But then again I am not a big fan of what passes for news here in this country. Nor would the news media make this information obvious.
What is the source for this statement that Cindy Sheehan is antisemitic?? I'm curiousn about this?

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I do believe she said invading Iran helped Israel out...and well it did.

Israel so longs to be the only power in the Middle East and with Iran on the cards and Iraq taken care of, they soon will be once more.

As for what she said?

Well she has made herself look like more of a fool than before.

McCain was wise to meet with her, it'll help him out and her words and his response will only further any political gains he attempts over the next few years.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
Is she giving Jesse a reach around in that pic above?

If she is, Jackson ain't enjoying it...

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Odium,

I am not aware that making a statement like invading Iraq helped out Israel constitutes anti semitism. I have no doubt that it helped Israel out.
I dont believe that to make this plain is antisemitic.
I am not pro arab..I am also not pro Israel..this too does not make me antisemitic. I am pro American.
I dont get it ..my thinking must not be up to speed with todays beliefs.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I heard her speak for the very first time the other day and it sounded like she was high...

She sounded like a drunk valley girl w/ a speech impediment..

She couldn't even get to the original point, just kept rambling.

You know, i'm all for her original intent, but now, it's just getting ridiculous.

John McCain a war mongerer?? Wasn't he a pow? And doesn't he dislike bush? Despite all that, whats her beef w/ him anyway?

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I do know that like any politician it is become obvious that she has handlers and they are not doing a good job with her credibility except with the most dramatic and emotional of us. This is becoming plain to alot of Americans and they tire of it quickly often wondering what this woman and her handlers could possibly be thinking. Except for becoming a martyr she will be used up soon. Intresting as to how low the caliber of this type of body politic will stoop to get over on a emotional public. The whole buisness has become a Rikki Lake ....Jerry atmosphere.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I heard her speak for the very first time the other day and it sounded like she was high...

She sounded like a drunk valley girl w/ a speech impediment..

She does sound like that sometimes. I have also heard her sound very focused, serious and articulate. Maybe she was tired. Or high, I don't know.

John McCain a war mongerer?? Wasn't he a pow? And doesn't he dislike bush? Despite all that, whats her beef w/ him anyway?

Yes, he was a POW and I think Ms. Sheehan meant that he's against an immediate pull-out in Iraq (which is her agenda) and that's probably why she said that.

John McCain dislike Bush? He probably does, but at least in public he speaks very highly of him and supports his presidency and most of his policies.

John McCain (IMO) is a fence-straddler. He's got a lot of good thoughts and ideas that contradict the current administration, but doesn't have the guts to do anything about it. Bush and other administration officials have publicly put McCain down and he just takes it and kisses Bush-butt.

Originally posted by orangetom1999
must be something wrong with my thinking process.

Nah. I don't think so...

[edit on 4-10-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
orangetom1999, you got my point to a T.

She is against the actions of the Israeli Government, has said this and thus people say she is anti-jewish, a bigot, this that and the other because they do not see the massive difference between the two.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join