It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are men such jerks! -- And other mini-rants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I just want to know what makes guys think that they can come out their mouths and say anything they want to woman. I dress normally - or at least I like to think that I do. I don't wear skin tight jeans and low cut shirts. I do have curves as all women do, and I do dress girlie. I think I overact, but it gets on my nerves. My friends and I can't even walk down the road without a guys honking their horns or yelling stuff. I'm usually by myself, though and it can get really annoying. The other day, this guy walked passed me and said, "What's up hips?" Now, I got mad and asked him "what happened to just saying flipping hello to people?" Of course I got a smart answer and laughs. Another time, this time I was by myself. I was walking down a street and these guys in a van started yelling names at me, talking about my butt, etc. I'm by myself and there are two guys that I see in the front and who knows how many people in the back. I didn't say anything back, but I just jumped into the nearest store. When I left out these guys that saw the whole thing just looked at me like I'm the crazy one. I blame the chicken head girls out there who think cat calling is cute and just giggle when men yell stuff at them and honk. Personally, I just its just plain annoying.

Speaking of rude people, I think soceity as a whole is getting ruder and ruder. Usually the rudest people I even encounter are those in cars. They cut you off, flip your off then keep on their way. But, now they are getting personal. I can count on both my hands and a few of my toes the amount of people that I've said excuse me to, or just hello to and they looked me square in the face and kept on doing what they are doing.

I don't know. I was raised with manners. I was taught to respect people and you should get respect back. Now, I know I'm very nice and I've been told by several people, that I'm too nice. I'm starting to beleive it now. When I actually in the wrong and excuse myself, and someone can't even acknowledge that fact that I even said anything to them. Or when I can't even jog down the street without being bothered. That's a problem.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Eh before you condemn my gender perhaps (if you are american) you should look for the Bush/Cheney 04 bumper sticker first
Never met a gun slinging cowboy that I liked yet.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
What's a "mini-rant"????

Do you mean like RANT the ATS supermod. If that's the case then a whole bunch of "mini-rants" would be cause for concern.

Peace

[edit on 28-9-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
There's no relationship between my mini-rant and the one you call Rant. Just sub -rants that have something to do with the Main rant.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I'd take that as a compliment. I get stuff that like that from girls sometimes (Can't imagine why), and I love it! The part I don't like is when they're all sneaky about it... I wish they'd just come right out and say it!

Anyway, guys stalking you in a van isn't cool. If I saw guys doing that to a girl to the point where she had to run away, I'd probably say something to them.

And if that doesn't work, a good old face-fist collision always does the trick.

Hey lips legs and ass. Giggity giggity, Awwwlllriiiiiiiight!

[edit on 30-9-2005 by Herman]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Shaione, here is something to remember; the guys that are making the rude, lame, stupid comments to you are just covering up their insecurities in dealing with women. They don't know what else to do. When they are with their mates; the macho, smart a$$ approach is not ment to impress YOU but the guys they are with. Sorry, at one time in my life I was just like them. A little time and a little sophistication and they may turn out to be fine gentalmen. Maybe...

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I agree about how folks are getting ruder to others.. but as far as Men are concerned..

Oink, Oink .... (Joke)

I find both sides doing the same things to others.. I watch a very nice girl at a coffee shop go through here various "relationships" and she tells me of the guys doing strange things.. then I see her do the same things to the guys..

Its fun to watch over a period of time.. I need to convince the coffee shop owner to sell popcorn.. LOL

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Shaione,
ITA! I myself don't get too many cat-calls anymore, I guess I must be getting older. Also, I wear very boring clothes and often a baseball hat. I am tall for a female as well-I think I intimidate men-I see some eyeing me, I stare right back at and they back off.

And about people being rude in general-Holy Moly! You're not kidding!!!
What IS going on?
I noticed it lately on TV. Normally I watch educational/documentary shows, I don't like 'sitcom' type things nor soap operas. Well, the other day I happened to see part of some 'people' show-I think it was Arrested Development-whatever it was was just people biting each others heads off and making mean comments! It was really something! I've noticed such in real life also-people just being straight up rude!
Some of my friends seem to want to create all kinds of drama lately too-over stupid trivial stuff.

Yarg! And being an Anti Social Loner is bad because....??????

N

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
to original post:

it's much better than having one of them say you're pretty when I'm drunk

ASL! haha
story of my life.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
For some reason most men are totally unable to control themselves and are hopelessly run by their gonads. The same applies to many women, but since its not as obvious, it is dismissed.

People just cant control themselves. Its quite pathetic.

For the record I am a male.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I totaly agree that people are getting ruder by the day. WTF happened to "customer service"? Snotty cashiers who barely give you a nod, bank tellers who practically rip papers out of your hands, and returns desks that made you take a Prozac before you dare approach them. Rolling eyes, deep sighs, snotty grins...
GRRR!

And I can count on ONE hand how many times some one said "excuse me" when they need to pass me in the store. I had one person actually bump into my kid and just huff as she passed by! She got an earful from me!

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The people and what they said to you, they're a$$holes!
Things like that happen to me at school. A group of about 10 girls come up to me and start giggling and pointing at me. Allong with rude comments.
How do you think that made me feal?

Yet, when I speak to them individually, they are very nice people.

Yes, todays society is getting ruder, and your not helping by saying ALL males are a$$holes???
Allot of them are, but thats the same with any culture, gender or religion.

If they keep it up when you speak to one individually. Don't call them men,

Call them Horny Bsteds^

For some reason most men are totally unable to control themselves and are hopelessly run by their gonads
:shk:
Great, I like it when people think of men as this

Cya

P.S I hope this dosn't offend anyone, it is the rant thread after all

Oh and does anyone know how to make a line go through your (well my) writing. I don't know the bb Code for it?!?!

[edit on 25/11/05 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If you don't want the reactions that your dress elicits from men, dress appropriately. I do agree that the behavior you describe by certain men is inexcusable from a civilized perspective, but you must learn to live in the real world. In the real world, there are women who lack modesty and men who lack self-control. It makes for a potentially dangerous situation.

[edit on 2005/11/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
People should be able to express themselves without fear of inciting someone into being an idiot in public. People should be able to control themselves and if they can't, they are the ones who shouldn't be in public.

The lack of self control people, and mostly males express is truely pathetic and degrades the standing of the rest of our gender.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shaione
Why are men such jerks?

Because we can be. Enjoy!

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Grumble...

grumble..

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shaione
I just want to know what makes guys think that they can come out their mouths and say anything they want to woman.

I dress normally - or at least I like to think that I do. I don't wear skin tight jeans and low cut shirts. I do have curves as all women do, and I do dress girlie. I think I overact, but it gets on my nerves.

I'd have to see you to tell you why men do these awful things. please send pictures of said curves to [email protected]

actually, and I don't subscribe to this technique, I think that men yelling, catcalling, whistling etc would mean that, in the idiotic world we live in, the whistling, howling man wants to get your attention.

you see, we men are not very bright. actually, we're rather slow and the thought process when we see an attractive woman is as follows:

pretty woman walks by
slight stirring in the genitals
eyes up
eyes down
words begin to form within the mind
"hey, this woman is very pretty and I'm sure she's really smart and interesting and has a great sense of humor and would make a wonderful friend, mate, lover, companion and mother. I should really tell her that I find her to be extremely appealling and sexy and alluring. what should I say? I guess I can just say hello, my name is....dammit, she's almost gone. crap, how do I get her to stop ? I know..."
we then yell out any variation of the following:

"hey, yo, hot stuff!. sexy girl! yo, chick with the nice onion and the sweet rack.

now, if we had the freeze gun we all dreamed of when we were kids, we could zap you, put on some nice clothes, get a shoe shine (women love a guy with clean, neat shoes), ditch the dead beat friends we're hanging out with, grab some hand picked flowers, work on a proper introduction and then, when we are truly ready and prepared, we can unfreeze you and say something genuine and heartfelt like

"if I told you you had an incredible body, would you hold it against me?"

see? we're morons.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Shaione, I understand where you're coming from completely.
Damn those chicken heads fa real!!! Who on earth besides women who have NO self esteem would encoruage that kind of attention ? ewwww

I have spent most of the "social" time of my life fending off piggy men too
It makes me sick that men feel the need to express themselves in this way, definite indicator of low self esteem/confidence with women. I have actually spent many a day and night wishing I was ugly enough NOT to attract men's attention, why can't I be treated normally ? eh

Seriously tho, why can't these men understand It just isn't a turn on ?

I worked out how to stop em tho and believe me it worked. No man in the clubs I went to bugged me after I humiliated them in public

That's all U gotta do. Or act stuck up, hell I do, I'll act stuck up if it means they'll leave me alone

I have found that by showing your disinterest (rolling of the eyes etc ... lol) should be enough for them to embarrass themselves, but if they persist a simple "I don't think anything you have to say would interest me" and walk off should do it

Or ask them for money as a last resort. I did this once and he couldn't get away from me faster

If it's the cat calling U get alot more of, next time it happens pretend you're taking note of their car licence plate and/or get on the phone, they'll take off if they have ANY sense.

At 26, I've got it down to a look but this takes time and practice
good luck!

[edit on 29-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Women ----> Feminine, Men----> Masculine. Thats why men are rude.
Of course not all men are rude. Maybe you just need to encounter nicer men in different parts of the area you live in, instead of basing assumptions that all men are alike.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Men are jerks often because in many ways they are programmed to be jerks. And it's getting worse. I think that the media today is actively encouraging young men to treat women like objects - the ultimate toy in this consumer-driven society.

We've become a very imperonal society. People act irresponsibly when they feel that they can get away with it. There is likely to be no repercussions for unacceptable behavior when zooming down the highway, so people are rude. I have seen people sitting at a table in a restaurant ignoring their companions while talking - loudly - on their cell phones. Inappropriate remarks directed to - mostly - women is yet another crass activity that is actually encouraged. Being an old country Portuguese boy, I was raised to treat women with respect and reverence. I actually kinda took advantage of the crassness of other guys around me. in high school and college. I quickly learned that women really enjoyed spending time with men who know what color their eyes are and treat them with dignity and respect. As a teacher, I actively encourage my young men to be gentlemen. Yeah, I know it's something their parents should be doing, but that's a whole 'nother story.....

On behalf of my gender, I apologize for the men who are intimidated by a beautiful woman.

<<   2 >>

join