It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Landing Strip Gets Mayor's Support

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
People in Lajas, Puerto Rico who beleive that they've been receiving "other wordly visitors", want to build a landing strip for UFO's welcoming them to visit. Mayor Irizarry supports the idea and will help the towns folk with making sure they obtain the proper permits, no financial help will be available to them.

www.cnn.com
A bright green sign along a lonely country road in southwestern Puerto Rico proudly displays a silhouette of a flying saucer and two words: "Extraterrestrial Route."

Reynaldo Rios, a 39-year-old with a goatee and a shock of dark hair, won't be ignored. With the blessing of a local government desperate for tourist dollars, he's dedicated himself to building the UFO landing strip. "I can't say exactly when they will come, but I know it will happen," Rios said. "I want to keep believing in my dreams."

Lajas Mayor Marcos Irizarry's support for the idea has provoked outrage among islanders who complained it would be a waste of money at a time when the government is encouraging thousands of employees to shorten their work week to cope with a staggering fiscal deficit.

Irizarry quickly clarified that his municipal government would not invest in the project. Instead, he has promised to help Rios get the proper building permits.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

While this is just a "stunt" to help get tourism dollars into thier town, I think it's a great idea.

Who knows, maybe "something" or "someone" will actually use the landing strip.

[edit on 1-10-2005 by asala]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
lol, what a hoot!

Although, since when do ufo's need landing strips?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
True, the dont' need them, but thats the great thing about it, for those of us who beleive, just seeing this one and hopefully others popping up around the world would be awesome.

join