It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have two questions for the ladies of ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
My g/f and I saw one of those 'Geek Squad' commercials last night and afterwards I asked her if she would have ever dated a guy who's only car was one of those black and white 'Geek Squad' beetles? Without revealing her answer I'd like to ask all the ladies here the same question and also expound on the question a little further.

So my questions are:

Q. With foreknowledge of what kind of car the guy had, would you date a guy who's only means of transportation was a 'Geek Squad' car?

Q. If you were going to go out with a guy and you didn't find out until he picked you up that you were going to be hitting the town in his 'Geek Squad' car, would you still go out on the date?

This is purely for research and no offense is intended towards any 'Geek Squad' members.

Peace

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I cant answer your question directly, as I am a married GUY. But It does raise a question of my own:

Who cares what type of car somebody drives?

Ill tell you something that you only learn with age: The type of car you drive is meaningless. I know some HOT girls that could care less what kind of car you have, or that you have a car at all. And before you go and question what kind of car I drive, I have owned many nice cars in my life.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well, since I can't seem to get any ladies to answer my question!

Originally posted by skippytjc
Who cares what type of car somebody drives?

That's a damn good question. In the world today there are many a female that care about such things. I guess one would be lucky to have never run in to any.

Questions still stand ladies.

Peace

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It wouldn't even cross my mind.

I'd be baffled at any woman who would care what vehicle a guy drove, yanno?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'm not saying I don't believe you Tinkleflower, because I absolutely do.

I'm beginning to wonder if a woman would even answer my question on a public forum like this if she did actually care about what kind of car the guy drove.

Peace

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I have to agree with Tinkleflower. I have dated guys with nice cars, guys with ordinary cars and guys without cars. I don't think it's a big deal. I am more interested in the guy than his car.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
What's a car?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
BTW, this is the specific car in question:

Peace

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
You want the truth. I'll give you the truth.

No.

No. Let's take my car.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Wait a minute Questor. What kind of car do you have?
I can't be seen by all my friends in a 1983 Mercedes.

We guys have rules too. A truck is luxury. Double so if you have a gun rack. Triple if you have a gun in it.

A Miata convertible is fine for cruising, but you can't carry a case of soft drinks and a date at the same time. No place for a gun rack, fishing supplies, a dog, or building materials either. Best you can do is hit the library or transport yourself to the workplace.

And 'Geek transport' would bother me only if the lady was married but not to me. I wouldn't want the attention there.

(Now Questor, if you still want to take your car, being male I'll have to check with the boss to see what days I am free. Who knows maybe she'll give me the night off with the Miata?)

[edit on 28-9-2005 by garyo1954]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Now are we talking the actual Geek Squad Car here or just an old VW.

I would probably look at it in a practical way if he picked me up in an actual Geek Squad Car -- at least he has a job!! But who am I to say -- my first car (and my favorite of all I have had) was and old VW Bug with a sun roof and it was black. I loved that car -- it went everywhere - we even loaded it up with firewood and drove it on a beach for a beach party. You couldn't stop those cars

Now we have that truck with the gun rack (and the gun to go with it
) and one of those dreaded SUV's with a truck vault to travel with our guns too. We are totally non-PC I guess -- gas guzzling vehicles and shooters to boot.

[edit on 28-9-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Thanks for the honest replies.

justme1640

I'm talking specifically about the 'Geek Squad' car. BTW, the "at least he has a job" line was great!

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I would love OWNING the geek squad car! But then again, my first car was navy and I got really creative with a paintbrush and some rustoleum one night and hand painted it black with big white stripes going down the front and the back, I did the seats with b&w cow print contact paper glued to the seats.. (OOOOOOOh YEAH! Cop magnet totally!)

And I had a chrysler NYer that was doodoo brown, so I did the next natural thing and ripped out the interior and did the headliner and side panels in ocelot print while the trim, dashboard, and back window were done in faux mink, EVERYONE Loved the PIMP Mobile! The only problem I have is minivans...They're so "soccer mom"

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I have to be honest-- I agree with Questor-- We'll take MY car...

I mean, as much as the guy matters more, and yes, he does, if he's got a geeky car that I have the slightest possibility of being seen and embarassed cruising around in, I'll have to say let's take my car, or a cab, or a jet...

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Hmmm....it really just depends on how much I liked the guy. If it was only a subtle attraction the answers to your questions would be no and yes in that order. If it was a strong attraction I'd suck it up and try to have a good time.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

A Miata convertible is fine for cruising, but you can't carry a case of soft drinks and a date at the same time. No place for a gun rack, fishing supplies, a dog, or building materials either

Are you saying that a date involves a gun rack, fishing tackle, a dog, and/or building materials???

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Are you saying that a date involves a gun rack, fishing tackle, a dog, and/or building materials???

I have to say lots of my dates involved the above -- maybe not all at once but we did lots of fishing, shooting, training dogs, and painting decoys for hunting. And today is our 27th anniversary -- to be celebrated tomorrow as DH is at a gun club meeting tonight
Of course you have to realize we dated on and off for 7 years so we did lots of things including all of the above plus hiking, skiing, travel, romantic dinners, clubbing etc. I always thought of it as being well rounded (now if I weren't so well rounded now I would be happy
)

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm sure a woman wouldn't mind a car like this.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You know to be honest with you, I would get a kick out of it. I think it would make for an interesting date and hey at least I know who to ask in the event my computer takes a dump

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I really wouldn't care. If he wasn't comfortable I could always drive my car. Besides aren't VW bugs supposed to be really roomy on the inside anyway?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join