It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phantom Cops in New Orleans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Not even Al Capone could pull off a scam that large. 600? I smell BS

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It doesn't seem like anyone else is picking this up, so I'm a bit skeptical (although I'd like it to be true
)

Looks like there will be a full federal investigation into the NOPD though, so if that happens this will be uncovered if true.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
so I'm a bit skeptical (although I'd like it to be true
)

Why? I'm just wondering....I don't prejudge, I just would like to know why you'd want this to be true.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Well it'd sure make a much more interesting story than just deserters.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
No more news about this? To me this is a huge allegation. No further news one way or another makes it all the more curious.

Here is the actual link to the radio clip.

foxnews.c om/tonysnowradio

And here is another bit of info.

"It's pretty much always been known, but never openly acknowledged, that NOPD's actual numbers were far below the "official" figure of 1500 - 1700," said the source.

"To get that number over 1500, and thus qualify for federal funding, Compass and his predecessors counted reservists and certain retirees as active duty officers. The REAL number is, and has been for some time, a lot closer to 1000."

www.thedeadpelican.com...

What's the verdict? Who has access to the budgets in NO, and where the money was appropriated and spent for the police force? If the numbers were fudged to get additional Federal Funds....

mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 4-10-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join