It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this real levitation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Here is a video of Criss angel levitating. It aired on A&E

www.thatvideosite.com...

It does looks pretty real on video, although with technology today you can make anything look real i guess. What do you guys think?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Personal experience says this is real. Though there is a way to fake it ...that would mean everyone would have to know. It is a use of energy, something we can't see anyway but is all around the whole universe. If you could conciously tap into that energy and say hey could you help me up here, you'd be able to levitate too. Energy itself has no real direction or intelligent design. It's there to be used in application. When it become intelligent or gains the intelligence of a being, it becomes either a ghost or entity. The one person i knew who could levitate was an old farmer. He died a long time ago. I came from a very religous community that believed anything that happend and wasn't according to the grand design was evil or demonic. After watching the old man levitate about 2 ft in the air in the middle of a flat dirt field, my views were definately changed. He explained how energy was all around and that all it needed was direction. I still pity the people who called him heretic and shunned him. He knew more about the world and universe then they would ever know in their boring existance.

-Aza

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I do believe that people can levitate. I don't believe that people who have learned to focus their energy, and clear their mind of obstructive thoughts, would feel any need to use it to entertain spectators. Once the level of conciousness required for levitation is met, the levetator would then realize that being a magician or attraction would be pointless. I think levitation is real, I don't think Chris Angel is really levitating......unless he's an alien.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
he isn't levitating at all, checkout this site i found on the exact same type of levitation he uses "ASRAH LEVITATION", it requires a fully prepared "setup", and is highly expensive to set up.

www.levitation.org...

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
While I don't discredit that fact that there may be people out there that can truly levitate ( I don't know that much about it, so can't comment either way), I think these TV illusionists are not actually levitating.

While Criss Angel's levitations are very astonishing, I would not be surprised at all if it is only an illusion with the assistance of hidden stage props to create a higher, more dramatic levitation.

Also, because these illusions are seen on TV, it is very possible that the trick has been created by carefull video editing.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Why is it in the video his feet is blooted out or warped? Like something was being hidden.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'm skeptical, why is it that everytime he "levitates" his feet are tightly together as if trying maintain his balance on a wire?
In one of the clips it looks like he almost loses his "balance" and the center of that balance is at his feet.

I would like to see him do this in the middle of an open field with no trees, buildings or other tall objects in the vicinity AND once he levitates, let's see him run in place, move those feet around some so that they are not together.

[edit on 28-9-2005 by intelgurl]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
There's a current criss angel discussion here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the dicsussion there.
Closed.

top topics

join