It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Engines thrust power reduction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The FAA Toxicology Laboratory, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, performed toxicological studies on specimens obtained from the pilot and the results showed that diphenhydramine was found to be present in urine, and 0.139 (ug/ml, ug/g) diphenhydramine was detected in blood. Diphenhydramine, commonly known by the trade name Benadryl, is an over-the-counter antihistamine with sedative side effects, and is commonly used to treat allergy symptoms. Published research (Weiler et. al. Effects of Fexofenadine, Diphenhydramine, and Alcohol on Driving Performance. Annals of Internal Medicine 2000; 132:354-363), has noted the effect of a maximal over the counter dose of diphenhydramine to be worse than the effect of a 0.10% blood alcohol level on certain measures of simulated driving performance. The level of diphenydramine in the blood of the pilot was consistent with recent use of more than a typical maximum single over-the-counter dose of the medication.

From your own source.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I've been following up on this thread, I don't think Entropy had anything to do with the rupturing of the fuel lines or the failure of air flow over the wings due to reduced thrust. As well some mishaps may be due to human error such as, not deicing an aircraft at all or not enough.

If an airplane is a stable platform, it can successfully glide without the aid of thrust, an airplane can remain in air if the engines fail, that's just natural, now granted you don't try increasing altitude, or decrease altitude(which someone would do to increase airspeed incase the engines are not producing enough thrust and there is enough altitude to do so) and there is a higher lift to drag ratio, if there is more drag going on, then the plain will gradually lose lift and fall from the sky, but it won't just fall like a brick, it'll glide to the ground.

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with entropy, I just felt like posting my view on this thread. Also, I don't think posting a bunch of incidents that are related to engine problems are going to prove the point that entropy was the cause of the crash, analysis of the articles would be needed. Also a few links to as where you get your articles might help too.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
. . . . reduced thrust. As well some mishaps may be due to human error such as, not deicing an aircraft at all or not enough.

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with entropy, . .

TWA Flight 800 accident, July 17, 1996.
see: www.ntsb.gov...

Meteorological information.
The surface weather observation taken about 2051 at JFK:
Wind 9 knots, visibility 10 miles, few clouds at 10,000 feet, temperature 80 gr.F. Review of meteorological data revealed no record of significant meteorological conditions in the area or at the time of the accident.

The "Arrow of Time"
Time about 20:19 - The airplane became airborne.
Time 20:25:41 - Boston ARTCC: "TWA 800 climb and maintain [19,000 feet] and expedite trough [15,000 feet]."
Time 20:27:47 - The airplane reached its assignated altitude.
- Fuel weathering, or cavitation, or nucleate boiling.
Time about 20:30 - Engines № 1, № 2 and № 3 power loss, lose height.
Time 20:30:15 - Boston ARTCC: "TWA800 climb and maintain [15,000 feet].”
The captain: "climb thrust!"
Time 20:30:25 - The captain: "climb thrust!"
Time 20:30:35 - The flight engineer: "power's set!" (on fire?)
Time 20:30:42 - Movement in the cockpit, explosion.
The CVR recorded a "very loud sound".
Time 20:31:12 - The CVR recording ended.
Time 20:32:10 - Arrow of time vanishes.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Isn`t that the flight that was supposed to have been SHOT DOWN??

And whats your theory about PAN AM 103? was that entropy as well???

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
In the 1988 crash of Pan Am 103 at Lockerbie, Scotland, there was no fiery explosion- until fuel-laden parts of the plane hit the ground.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
so was that entropy of the wings? cauing them to fall off? or entropy of the engines causing them to fail?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
"so was that entropy of the wings? cauing them to fall off? or entropy of the engines causing them to fail?"

A summit of ignorance!

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
One word for Pan Am 103. Bomb.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
LOL

i know that , the libyans who planted it are in a scottish prison.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I figured you knew. I wasn't so sure about him and his entropy theory.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The thing is , if he put it in the context of Entropy based warfare then the whole concept is far more understandable.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Originally posted by H.

"And whats your theory about PAN AM 103? was that entropy as well???"

and later:

"The thing is , if he put it in the context of Entropy based warfare then the whole concept is far more understandable."

It's clear he talks nonsense . . . poor chap . . .

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
the first part is called `fishing` to try and see if you really believe what your talking about

and second? entropy based warfare > read this:

Mark Herman, Entropy-Based Warfare: A Unified Theory for Modeling the Revolution in Military Affairs.

you`ll understand more about entropy and focused leverage within the context of the military and war planning.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The National Transportation Safety Board released the update on its investigation into the accident involving Southwest Airlines flight 1248, a Boeing 737-700 on December 8, 2005, at Midway Airport in Chicago, Illinois. The airplane overran runway 31C during the landing rollout.

"Flying pilot (Captain) stated that he could not get the reverse thrust levers out of the stowed position. The first officer, after several seconds, noticed that the thrust reversers were not deployed and activated the reversers without a problem. . .

. . . Each engine has two thrust reverser sleeves. FDR data indicated that all four sleeves were deployed until after the airplane left the paved runway overrun surface. Hydraulic system B (that runs the thrust reversers) revealed no leaks."
And what about entropy?

More: www.ntsb.gov...

Cavitation due to entropy of a fluid is the phenomenon where small cavities of gas form in fluid. Cavitation occurs in pumps, or at restrictions in a flowing liquid. Cavitation means that cavities are forming in the liquid being pumped to the thrust reverser. Cavitation reduces efficiency of the thrust reversers dramatically.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Just saying it doesn't make it true. Where's the PROOF. There are a half dozen reasons for the thrust reversers to not deploy, that have NOTHING to do with your entropy theory. Anything from contaminated hydraulic fluid, to a broken control arm.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
or the pilot was concentrating on the bad weather landing and didn`t arm the automatic system and were manually deployed.

not everything can be contributed to `entropy`

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Testing and examination of the thrust reverser systems will continue . . .

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
A number of serious accidents occurred during the years 2001 to 2004 involving twin engine fixed-wing aircraft following the loss of some or all engine power. This study of the 63 twin-engine fixed-wing aircraft power loss accidents (11 fatal) during the period 1993 to 2002 identifies common themes to these accidents.

More: www.atsb.gov.au...

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
On 10 August 2004, the pilot of a Piper Aircraft Corporation PA-31-350 (Chieftain) aircraft, registered VH-MZV, was conducting a visual flight rules charter flight from Darwin (Australia) to Bathurst Island1 and return. The pilot was the only person onboard for the return to Darwin.

As the aircraft approached Darwin, air traffic control cleared the pilot to make a visual approach to runway 11. Recorded radar data indicated that at 5 NM the pilot turned onto the left base leg of the circuit at an altitude of about 1,000 ft. At about that time the pilot broadcast a Mayday2, indicating
that both engines had failed. He landed on tidal mudflats to the west of the airport.

The pilot recalled that the flight from Bathurst Island had been normal and that he had leaned the engines during the cruise at 3,500 ft. Turning onto the base leg, he reduced airspeed, extended the first stage of flap, lowered the landing gear and completed the pre-landing checklist. As the aircraft's speed reduced, the pilot moved the throttle controls forward, but neither engine responded. There was no significant yawing or rolling associated with the power loss. The pilot considered that both engines lost power simultaneously without any surging, misfiring, rough running or abnormal vibrations.

More: Piper Aircraft Corp PA-31-350, VH-MZV
www.atsb.gov.au...

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
On March 27, 2005, about 1745 central standard time, an experimental amateur-built Matthews Christen Eagle II, N85SM, owned by the rear seated private pilot, was destroyed on impact with terrain following an in-flight loss of control while maneuvering near Iowa City, Iowa.

A police interview of witnesses stated:
"I looked west [and] heard this plane [and] saw this plane doing flips coming down and I could hear the motor real plain till it seemed like the plane was close to the ground the motor died and then I couldn't see the plane anymore."

A FAA inspector examined the engine. No pre-impact anomalies were found during the engine examination.

Entropy won.

The Report
www.ntsb.gov...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join