It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSINESS: Greenspan Says We Have Lost Control of the Budget

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the lesson Astronmer68 but I was actually aware of all that. I am also aware that quite a few governments, (Germany for one) intititions (The World Bank and IMF) and individuals, (Paul Volker comes to mind) have all expressed concern or issued first time ever (in the case of the World bank and IMF) warnings about the level of debt the government has accured. This level of debt, and who is holding it (China and Japan primarily) is why we will never attack North Korea, or probably Iran for that matter. China for one wouldn't have to enter into the arena at all like it did in the Korean war, all it would have to do is to threaten to call in its loans and if threats didn't work, call Washington's bluff. It would create a holy mess but unless Bush really is mad, it would stop any further acts of aggression. That and their own nukes is my theory why North Korea isn't all that concerned about Bushes blustering.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This not surprise anybody that has seen how money has been spend in our country in the years since the invasion of Iraq, could pretty much come out with the same fact as Greenspan did.

The problem is that many people prefer to dream reality rather than face the facts.

We will see how things will go very soon.

<< 1   >>

join