It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im sorry if your head hurts after reading this post! Religious Questions to Ponder...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Ok Here's a few things I have pondered...
I have always thought Catholicism left loose ties, as far as the whole 10 commandments thing, I was around 12 when I started realizing the loopholes. After all, why is it a church that preaches not to bow down before any graven images, is the first one to aquire a gold leaf religious statue, and the ceilings are all gilt.First one is I am the Lord thy god, Thou Shalt not bow before any graven images, this poses the question. Why is it ok to worship Christ? Also isn't this considered one of the seven deadly sins? Greed, most churches wont let you get married in their house unless your names on a donation envelope at least once a week for a year.

, After all,he was the son of god, he wasn't god himself. Wouldn't this be considered bowing down to a lesser god? Or a graven image. Besides, if Adam was created in Gods likeness, shouldnt we worship him instead? Now here's my boggle, if during revelations it says a third of all will be destroyed, my biblical translations are a little rough-to say the least. A third of the religious world is roughly Christian, catholic, and whatever isn't is slowly being converted to Christianity. We don't bow down to Moses or Noah, and they too received Gods words, and led their people to salvation.
Moses made Gods commandments, Noah saved the animals, and mankind.

Is the third that is cast during revelations, the one's who have been bowing down before the graven images, that weren't in deed god himself, but Jesus, he was a carpenter? I know he supposedly received the word of god, and tried to lead his people to salvation,and died for our sins, but wouldn't that classify people who have the ability to communicate with angels and spirit guides, in the same category?

Saturday was the original Sabbath, and everyone disregards that. One of the commandments is Honor Thy Sabbath, in the grand scheme of things, does this mean, catholics are going to be destroyed too, because they failed to honor the true sabbath? They had originally changed it because of the harvests, and calandars. I have to find the book I read, it actually claimed that the roman catholic church was really the antichrist.

In the bible, it is said, that god will pose us with great tests to find out where our faith lies, Maybe the whole christianity, catholocism thing, is really God's true test? That these are the sheep led to slaughter? Believing false prophets, After all, if the pope says its ok, then it must be. Hes voted in. Basically everyone gets together, and says that this guys going to lead us, but really If he were to deem murder as acceptable, I think our governing laws would drastically change. Maybe I'll try to email the clergy on these, I'm really fascinated.

Think about the whole Child molestation church scandals, maybe God's way of saying, ha suckers, you really aren't the governing body of religion. And hes completely trying to disolve the congregation. He is a jealous God after all, and maybe he's showing exactly who's boss.

I also have another question to ponder, you are not supposed to be proud, but why do people constantly try to convert you to their religion? I can understand making a few suggestions, but to try to force a religion upon someone is merely being a braggart, for thinking their religious beliefs are right and that persons are wrong, wouldn't this fall into the category of judging someone? Why do we have to worship in church? Showing up every Sunday, does not make you a devout, having a personal realtionship with god does, wouldnt taking notes of who shows up for church and who doesnt be considered pride as well?

I hope I haven't offended anyone, these are just things that float around in the recesses of my brain, I believe in one superior being, but I can't swallow the hypocrisy that is being shoved down my throat, by the same people who uphold the law. After all, more wars are fought in Gods name, than any other reason. And I just find this wrong...

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The Old testament SABBATH....REST

The New Testament......is the Lords Day...Kiriarki , meaning Lords Day.

Jesus Christ said He came to FULLFILL the Law ......and He did .

In the Old Testament, God could not be seen..and therefore there was no IMAGE .
In the New Testament,God took FLESH and became MAN....and there we have an IMAGE of the Son of God...

Jesus Christ is God....He now has an IMAGE that manknd can see and hear ,and there is no need for the OLD LAWS.....The LAW that God gave to Moses..
There is no need for the Sacrifice of the LAMB..the Lamb becomes Jesus Christ....
Jesus Christ said He is that lamb of the Old Tetsament...

The following day, after the personal witness of the arrived Messiah, Son of God, that had accepted all the sins of the world upon Himself, John was once again standing on the bank of river Jordan with two of his followers.
Upon seeing the Lord, John again repeats the same words: “Behold! The Lamb of God.” In calling Christ Lamb, John relates to Him the wonderful prophecy by Isaiah where he presents Messiah as a sheep led to slaughter — a mute lamb before his shearers (Isaiah 53:7).
Consequently, the basic meaning of John’s witness lies in that Christ is the sacrifice, brought by God for humanity’s sins. But in John’s words about Jesus “Who takes away the sin of the world” (John 1:29)

Read more on the word ''Sacrifice'' and it's meaning in the Gospels.
www.intratext.com...

And the Sabbath....
www.intratext.com...

The LAW of the New Testament is LOVE...in which all the LAWS of God is present.
“These things I command you, that you love one another.”

“I go to the Father” means “I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father.”
Thus, for the Lord to go to the Father, means to return to that state in which He was before becoming incarnate, as the Hypostate Word.
The clarity of these words stunned the disciples.
In noting with special satisfaction that the Lord is speaking to them directly and not using veiled parabolic sermons, they expressed their fervent love in Him as the true Messiah.
While theirs was a genuine and deep faith, the Lord saw its deficiency, which had not been enlightened by the Holy Spirit. “Do you now believe?”

more~

denial28///
I hope I haven't offended anyone, these are just things that float around in the recesses of my brain,

Offended ?
No.

Take care
IX
helen

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by denial28"why is it a church that preaches not to bow down before any graven images, is the first one to aquire a gold leaf religious statue, and the ceilings are all gilt.First one is I am the Lord thy god, Thou Shalt not bow before any graven images, this poses the question. Why is it ok to worship Christ?"

Not all Christians support organized religion, I'm one. I agree praying to statues is error of doctrine. Why worship Christ? Because "Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty"-2 Corinthians 3:17, (contrary to churches).

"Greed, most churches wont let you get married in their house unless your names on a donation envelope at least once a week for a year."

Organized religion is big biz, but not true religion, as backed up by John 16:2-3, 2 John 2:18-19, & 2 Timothy 3:12. I've seen the IRS tax exempt status agreement, that makes churches agree to be nonpolitical, or no tax exempt status, no freedom of religion. That means no opposing candidates & wars, pushing for reforms, or organizing protests. They serve mammon (money) not God by agreement.

"Now here's my boggle, if during revelations it says a third of all will be destroyed, my biblical translations are a little rough-to say the least. A third of the religious world is roughly Christian,"

A third of the world is evil, look around. Only 144000 out of 6 billion get saved alive in the tribulation, which will bring out the worst in those evil ones, when the cities of the world are collapsed at once by major impact event. I wish angels would start now with that third.

"Saturday was the original Sabbath, and everyone disregards that. One of the commandments is Honor Thy Sabbath,"

I don't disregard that, nor the fact that Christians have been told a WRONG name for Jesus, who was really Yeshua, or more accurately Yehoshua. There is no name Jesus with Hebrews. It shows that Churches have been subverted and jokingly do this stuff to gullible believers in hostility to Christ, whose alleged books were excluded from the Bible.

"I have to find the book I read, it actually claimed that the roman catholic church was really the antichrist."

Now you're gettin it! Google the search term "Black Pope", for the freemason grip behind the scenes, & "Jesuit + freemason". www.vaticanassassins.org...
www.cephasministry.com...
www.reformation.org...
www.freemasonrywatch.org...

"Think about the whole Child molestation church scandals,"

Yes, evidence of high level corruption there. Ephesians 6:12.

"why do people constantly try to convert you to their religion?"

It's a loophole to atone for sins, like charity; James 5:20.

"but to try to force a religion upon someone"

Speaking of religion, when you brought up the subject, is NOT FORCING anything on anybody. None forces anyone to accept anything, especially clear at this site full of evidence rejecters.

"Why do we have to worship in church?"

We don't. "God dwelleth not in temples made with hands" is in the Bible. Yeshua condemned the pharisees of his time, and had no church building, just miraculous proof of God. Most "Christians" leave the Bible reading to the priest or pastor, and believe all sorts of junk not backed up in the Bible.

"more wars are fought in Gods name, than any other reason. And I just find this wrong...
"

I find this wrong also, for saying it's in Gods' name & blaming God is for something NOT done by command of God. The Crusades, for example, by the Knights Templar, from whom sprang modern fremasonry, from which sprung modern Satanism also. Did Christ order us to use depleted uranium munitions on civilians in Iraq? Don't blame Christianity!
That's masonic propaganda against religion, to my view. Masonic Order of Death a.k.a. Skull & Bones club member Bush only acts Christian for the votes of suckers. Don't imply because I'm a Christian that I'm at war with moslems, or support king of Babylon Bush.

Mod Edit: Fixed Quote Tag

[edit on 27/9/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Thank you very much

But I am still confused, as to why when it is written as law, that the most devout still honor sunday as the sabbath, In the bible, people who worship sunday as the sabbath, are considered Sun-worshippers, and they are supposed to feel the great burning of the sun, as the lord commanded fire to rain from the heavens and burn them, so they can feel the heat of the sun they so worship. As in the trumpeting of the first angel angel, Rev:8,7,

And James, it's obvious by the questions I've pondered that I had good reason to doubt, what was being taught to me all these years. I have yet to meet true christians,(the religious types Ive met have been people that did alot of time for murdering someone, and then converted, I do believe in repenting, but I also think alot of people do it just because they think that by saying they are reformed it means its so. I also dated someone whos parents were born again christians.

I have tattoos which Ive been taught is a sin, because I am modifying Gods temple but I was never invited to their dinner table to break bread because I was scarred, yet, his step father would beat his little sister and their pastor was convicted of molesting 2 twin boys, meanwhile Mom's in the back doing lines with the pastors wife
. I don't doubt in God's wrath, revelations, or the true religious folks, its the ones who act that they are truly Gods people, and misconstrue the whole faith. I was baptized, made pennance, confirmation, havent exactly been the perfect angel, but, I have never shoplifted or killed anyone.
I
tend to think of myself as a good person, I try to do what is right, I hold a very close connection with God,( I don't necessarily call him God, but I do have a higher power) and I refuse to ask for anything unless I give thanks first, its amazing how many people dont believe he exists, until they are in trouble. True he is there to help, but I get mad when someone ONLY finds him when it is convenient. I tend to stay away from theological discussions, for the simple fact, people get very offended, you have definately shed some light, thank you, I appreciate your candor.

[edit on 9/27/2005 by denial28]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The Book of Acts....

In the Book of Acts, we see the fulfillment of the Savior’s prophecies concerning those
miracles, which the Apostles will perform in His name, and the triumph of Christ’s faith over
the world. We observe, how notwithstanding human weaknesses, having no apparent material
means or possessions for disseminating the Gospel’s teachings, after the Holy Spirit descended
upon them, the Apostles became as if different people. Notwithstanding all the
persecutions, they fearlessly, with great valor and self-sacrifice, preached the teachings of
Christ throughout the four corners of the then cultured Greco-Roman world, establishing
many Christian communities in a short period of time. The Book of Acts clearly testifies that
the Apostles’ sermons are not the work of man, but the work of God. (Let us remember the
wise Gamaliel’s counsel to the Jews about not persecuting Christ’s followers, Acts 5:38-39).

quote: "Why do we have to worship in church?"

We don't. "God dwelleth not in temples made with hands" is in the Bible. Yeshua condemned the pharisees of his time, and had no church building, just miraculous proof of God. Most "Christians" leave the Bible reading to the priest or pastor, and believe all sorts of junk not backed up in the Bible.

Places of worship in the Old Testament...

In our Lord’s day the Jewish people maintained two institutions of worship — the
temple and the synagogue. There was one temple located at Jerusalem in which the priests
officiated at sacrifices and offerings. But there was a synagogue in which the Scriptures were
read and interpreted in every town or village and even in many foreign cities.

www.intratext.com...

IX
helen

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Why am I given the gift of communicating with loved ones who have passed? Is it possible, someone is trying to trick me, or is there some deeper spiritual belief system, that is not read about. I have precognitions, and you are not supposed to seek counsel from psychics, seers, but what if the person is you?I read that this too is a sin, but it is so hard to distinguish, what is truth and what is fiction. Any thoughts on this? I don't ask to communicate with them, they find me.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by denial28
"Why am I given the gift of communicating with loved ones who have passed?"

That's because they care about your after-life fate. By showing you there IS an afterlife, they can keep you from getting too guilty again. Plenty of evidence of an afterlife on the net, in haunted sites investigations that detect anomalous EMF readings in 40+milligauss range, when the norm is around 3 or so. Thermal fluxes wild enough to start fires have been filmed & detected. Films of objects moving on their own etc are out there.
www.ghostresearch.org...
www.ghostpix.com...
www.bellwitchfansite.com... is about a famous religious ghost.

"I have precognitions, and you are not supposed to seek counsel from psychics, seers, but what if the person is you?I read that this too is a sin, but it is so hard to distinguish, what is truth and what is fiction. Any thoughts on this? I don't ask to communicate with them, they find me.

Paul was killing Christians for a living, when he saw the light. He has more books than anyone in the Bible. I was a career dealer/smuggler/grower once. I'm not looking down on you here. Christ was psychic, & not automatically demonic for it. Churches run by evil will demonize ANYthing supernatural.

See my thread in paranormal category titled; Random number & Letter generators as prophecy. Dice predicted fed boss crashing, & the top Federale in Mexico promptly crashed, on the thread record there. Other topics also included. An evil spirit from God once possessed King Saul with a foul feeling, & David excorcized him with music.

Holy Samuel was summoned from the grave in a seance, when the prophets could not answer. Bible isn't strict as portrayed by Talibanic Christians.

Mod Edit: Fixed Quote Tag

[edit on 27/9/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Hi denial28/

Why am I given the gift of communicating with loved ones who have passed?

How do you know that it is the 'loved ones' of whom you knew?

Scripture says that evil spirits can appear as ''"angels of light" (2 Cor. 11:14)
WHY?
In order to deceive.....to lead one from the truth of Jesus Christ.

When I was into seances and calling spirits, I was lead to believe that i was speaking to dead people's spirits.
Listen to what the Gospel says.....
quote/
"Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle" (2 Thess. 2:15).
"There be some that trouble you, and would pervert the Gospel of Christ.
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you,
let him be anathema.
As we said before, so say I now again: If any preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be anathema" (Gal. 1:8-9).

The teachings from the Apostles that were handed down from Jesus Christ.

"Let not your prophets that are in the midst of you, and your diviners, deceive you... For they prophesy falsely unto you in My name: I have not sent them, saith the Lord" (Jeremiah 29:8-9).

Is it possible, someone is trying to trick me, or is there some deeper spiritual belief system, that is not read about.

I would have to say that you are being deceived......
How long has it been ''your loved ones'' (that you mention) since they passed away?
This is important.

u2u me if you want..
take care
IX
helen

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Oh my mother came to me last week and we had a conversation for about 45 minutes, she only passed last year june 30th. The things that were said to me were things to make my life better, not to steer me wrong, I understand that yes, demons will use whatever they can to get a soul, but the conversation was,almost like someone put an evp recording inmy left ear, and told me they wold be right back they had to pee... wow I really like the house,(Mom type things) you need to talk to your sister and make up with her, we aren't speaking right now, she has a rotten husband.

Mom always wanted us to get along. Before she passed I told her what my aunt had told me,we were very close, she did promise to visit me when she left this plane, so I really dont think too much of it being a demon. She also explained that when angels speak to you, they use a familiar voice so not to scare you, a few months after My aunt died of cancer, she came to me and explained in vivid detail, exactly when my mom would pass , how many treatments she'd endure, down to the detail of the nightgown she was wearing.

Right before my aunt died, I felt a hand go through my hair and someone whisper, good bye tweetie bird, I love you... Within an hour I received a call from my grandmom that she had passed.

I also witnessed my moms spirit leave her body as she exhaled her last breath, I had been with her throughout all of her illness. I lived with her, and took care of her through the goodtimes and bad.When she told me she was ready to climb the ladder, I gave her permission to go where she would suffer no more. And she did. I properly opened the window, and let her spirit out of the room. The paranormal activity in my spaces have always been strong, no matter where I live, I refuse to try astral projection, because yes, at times it feels like something is waiting to take over my soul.

I know as long as I have faith, I can continue to be strong, I have faced demons before, your garden variety type nasty, that comes in the form of a great black shadowy figure in the corner of your room, complete with wings.
Childrens choirs singing, and fuzzy energy balls buzzing in front of your face.

I saw this when I had tried cleansing my friends room and she was coming to me for some sort of protection. SO I tent to stay away from meddling in the spirit world, they just like to meddle with me.

I also know now that if Mom comes to visit me again, I will test her, as anyone else on the otherworldly plain will be tested. They will be swiftly sent to the other side, should they fail. Im not too keen on being haunted.

[edit on 9/27/2005 by denial28]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Why is it ok to worship Christ?
It'a not.

Also isn't this considered one of the seven deadly sins? Greed,
'The Seven Deadly Sins' is a theological invention (i.e. not found in the bible) But yes--greed is one of them.

Not only do they make their own rules--they break 'em, too!

Besides, if Adam was created in Gods likeness, shouldnt we worship him instead?
We were all made in the image of His likeness. But no, we should not worship any man, only God the Father, who is Spirit and Truth.

And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
--Revelation 19:10 KJV

Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.
--Revelation 22:9 KJV

Now here's my boggle, if during revelations it says a third of all will be destroyed, my biblical translations are a little rough-to say the least.
Yes--but Revelation is full of hard sayings which are figurative representations of spiritual concepts.

A third of the religious world is roughly Christian, catholic, and whatever isn't is slowly being converted to Christianity.
Where does that leave christianity, then, considering what is says in Revelation about all of the world--except the 144,000--receiving 'the mark' and worshipping the 'image of the beast?'

I know he supposedly received the word of god, and tried to lead his people to salvation,and died for our sins, but wouldn't that classify people who have the ability to communicate with angels and spirit guides, in the same category?
I don't know--I don't think that discarnate spirits are our dead loved ones. They are either coping mechanisms of our own mind (not a bad thing) or deceiving spirits trying to win a body over in order to have a place to camp (not good).

Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee. Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.
--Deuteronomy 18:11-13 KJV

A 'necromancer' is one who talks to the dead.

Saturday was the original Sabbath, and everyone disregards that.
Not everyone. But, yes, most do.

God never anulled it.

Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.
--Exodus 31:16-17 KJV

I have to find the book I read, it actually claimed that the roman catholic church was really the antichrist.
Christianity is antichrist, actually. Stolen name, not truth--totally on their own tangent.

In the bible, it is said, that god will pose us with great tests to find out where our faith lies, Maybe the whole christianity, catholocism thing, is really God's true test?
Indeed it is! Truly. It is the 'strong delusion.'

The coming of the lawless one will be accompanied by the power of Satan.
He will use every kind of power, including miraculous signs, lying wonders, and every type of evil to deceive those who are dying, those who refused to love the truth that would save them.
For this reason, God will send them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie.
Then all who have not believed the truth but have taken pleasure in unrighteousness will be condemned.
--2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 ISV

That these are the sheep led to slaughter? Believing false prophets, After all, if the pope says its ok, then it must be. Hes voted in. Basically everyone gets together, and says that this guys going to lead us, but really If he were to deem murder as acceptable, I think our governing laws would drastically change. Maybe I'll try to email the clergy on these, I'm really fascinated.

It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
--Psalms 118:8 KJV

Think about the whole Child molestation church scandals, maybe God's way of saying, ha suckers, you really aren't the governing body of religion. And hes completely trying to disolve the congregation. He is a jealous God after all, and maybe he's showing exactly who's boss.
Well, God doesn't 'try' anything--He just does it. So what is beginning to unravel the mythology of the christian religion is just the sword which is the word of truth spoken here and there by His servants currently in the world.

When the time comes which He has determined to make a full end of the farce of religion, it will be one fell swoop and the house is cleaned!

I also have another question to ponder, you are not supposed to be proud, but why do people constantly try to convert you to their religion?
I guess so far they haven't yet had the privilege of being humbled through the suffering of hardships in this life.

I can understand making a few suggestions, but to try to force a religion upon someone is merely being a braggart, for thinking their religious beliefs are right and that persons are wrong, wouldn't this fall into the category of judging someone?
Yep.

Why do we have to worship in church?
We don't. We shouldn't.

Showing up every Sunday, does not make you a devout, having a personal realtionship with god does, wouldnt taking notes of who shows up for church and who doesnt be considered pride as well?
Probably more of just a foolish waste of time. God didn't like it when King David took a census--God doesn't use numbers to count and quantify--it is a form of judgment, the way mankind uses numbers like that.

I hope I haven't offended anyone, these are just things that float around in the recesses of my brain, I believe in one superior being,
If you offended anyone, it is not because you said the wrong thing. It would be likely because you press issues that most try to avoid and sweep under the rug. But now there is a big lump in the middle of that rug! If it gets any bigger, it's going to come to life like a rat from Dr. Frankenstein's lab!

but I can't swallow the hypocrisy that is being shoved down my throat, by the same people who uphold the law.
Don't swallow it! It's not good for you! It is poison.

After all, more wars are fought in Gods name, than any other reason. And I just find this wrong...
So do I. But the silver lining is that death is only a pass-through a door to the start of our true lives!

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Maddam H.P. Blavatsky, founder of the theosophical society, makes the point in her book Isis Unveiled that the god worshipped in those ancient times, was not actually a new monotheistic God, but a member of a whole pantheon of gods.

They have even changed the spelling of the name of God, as Sir W. Drummond proves. Thus El, if written correctly, would read Al, for it stands in the original -- Al, and, according to Higgins, this word means the god Mithra, the Sun, the preserver and savior. Sir W. Drummond shows that Beth-El means the House of the Sun in its literal translation, and not of God. "El, in the composition of these Canaanite names, does not signify Deus, but Sol."

This information is no secret. It has been known in the Catholic church since its beginnings. Just another little lie

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
They have even changed the spelling of the name of God, as Sir W. Drummond proves. Thus El, if written correctly, would read Al, for it stands in the original -- Al, and, according to Higgins, this word means the god Mithra, the Sun, the preserver and savior. Sir W. Drummond shows that Beth-El means the House of the Sun in its literal translation, and not of God. "El, in the composition of these Canaanite names, does not signify Deus, but Sol."

God's name is not 'El' or 'Deus' (rhymes with Zeus or Suess? LOL)

El means a god. Deus means a deity.

The God over all has the name of Yod He Vav He, because He is the source of creation.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
you are absoluetly right in this. everyone should be asking these questions. but, most people dont. they just believe in what is told to them or what they have been given. its my belief that the right and true spiritual person will seek out his means and true information. in this world true information is really hard to come by. every religion thinks its the true religion, but let me tell you all this, being the years of studying all these religions none have more man made rules and regulations, books written by men and dominated by the male interest in control than christiantiy, caltholics, and islam. where is the true peace in these so called religions. where is the unity in these religions. its all about the control of what they want you to know and think and even more about money now days as in the dark ages.
I believe your true path will lead you away from man made religions and start you on a real path of true knowledge of what to stay away from. there is not one written episode in the holy bible that I have found true original that isnt taken from some other religion, caste, or culture and infused by the new bible. Jesus was just a man, if he really existed at all! his decendants are living today. there are cultures out there that believe in a real true peaceful god or gods or live by the earth that we live on.

true religion is not control or manipulation or what is written by some crazy people that believe they know gods words. believe in what you feel is right truely spiritually and cast the religion out. you dont need rules or laws in real spirituallity. you will see the truth that has always been there.

many things have been cast as evil by the "christians and catholics" or others in several millenia. dont always take that to heart. its a way to tell you or control. words, symbols, and thoughts of long past that were of peace and prosperity and truely spiritual have been deemed evil or pagan. its time to wake up sleepy sheep.

there is a lot of real proof if you just look. of course a lot of proof in our ancient history has been destroyed by the wars and burnings in the last couple of thousand years..... guess you cant guess who started that.

people are going to quote you all kinds of scripture or written proverbs or whatever... just remember this where does that scripture truley come from and who really wrote it?

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
We must learn to listen to our intuition more and if something does not 'feel' right we should listen to ourselves, you will never be spiritually free if you listen to a point of view other than your own and blindly follow. This is not growth, growth is having your own judgments (without judging anyone)

Now there may be a hell and demons but I do not believe that, I may go to hell when I die but at least I have full conviction in my beliefs.

If there are certain aspects of christianity you do not agree with, search to find your own truth, everyones truth is different so do not preach that onto other people.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I think questions are important when someone is truly seeking an answer. Let's have a looksee.

I have always thought Catholicism

Oops, this section isn't for me. I believe helen has experience in Catholism.

, After all,he was the son of god, he wasn't god himself.

According to the gospels, he's not "just a man", he's God in the flesh. It's a difficult concept to wrap one's head around, but that's why the first 4 books of the gospel spend so much time on it.

Wouldn't this be considered bowing down to a lesser god?

Jesus us taught us how to pray as "Our Father", not "bow down and pray to me". I think this is intentional.

Or a graven image. Besides, if Adam was created in Gods likeness, shouldnt we worship him instead?

Nope.

Now here's my boggle, if during revelations it says a third of all will be destroyed, my biblical translations are a little rough-to say the least. A third of the religious world is roughly Christian, catholic, and whatever isn't is slowly being converted to Christianity.

Revelation does not say who it is that is destroyed, nor would I think it matters. It's post-death that we should be concerned about.

We don't bow down to Moses or Noah, and they too received Gods words, and led their people to salvation.

Not eternal life. This is the salvation that Christ was able to obtain for us.

Is the third that is cast during revelations, the one's who have been bowing down before the graven images, that weren't in deed god himself, but Jesus, he was a carpenter?

I don't understand the question.

I know he supposedly received the word of god, and tried to lead his people to salvation,and died for our sins, but wouldn't that classify people who have the ability to communicate with angels and spirit guides, in the same category?

People had communication with angels in the old testament so Jesus wasn't the only one.

Saturday was the original Sabbath, and everyone disregards that.

Jesus healed someone on the Sabbath, thereby "broke the law" according to the Pharisees. What Jesus pointed out though, is they were missing the point of the Sabbath with legalistic technicalities. They were to take a day and enter God's rest, and if a man needed healing, then heal him. The book of Hebrews, chapter 4 gives more background as well.

One of the commandments is Honor Thy Sabbath, in the grand scheme of things, does this mean, catholics are going to be destroyed too, because they failed to honor the true sabbath?

That's a legalistic approach I think. There are Messianic Jews who still go to the temple on Saturday.

They had originally changed it because of the harvests, and calandars. I have to find the book I read, it actually claimed that the roman catholic church was really the antichrist.

We went from lunar to solar, Julian to Gregorian. Salvation isn't dependent on this. John 3:16 states how to get eternal life, that's the promise. Whether you go to a church or not is not relevant to eternity. Though, I can say I've learned a lot by going.

Maybe I'll try to email the clergy on these, I'm really fascinated.

That might help I think.

How many convictions? I don't know about you, but I don't think I'm capable of figuring out how God thinks. He has stated "my thoughts are not your thoughts". I know what He is like though, being merciful, just, loving, etc.

I also have another question to ponder, you are not supposed to be proud, but why do people constantly try to convert you to their religion?

Sharing the same gift they were given.

I can understand making a few suggestions, but to try to force a religion upon someone is merely being a braggart, for thinking their religious beliefs are right and that persons are wrong, wouldn't this fall into the category of judging someone?

It certainly is possible to be judgemental and forceful, both of which are wrong. I'd like to share my experiences with you, would you be willing to U2U me? Perhaps we'd have some suggestions for each other.

Why do we have to worship in church?

We don't. We should worship wherever we are.

Showing up every Sunday, does not make you a devout, having a personal realtionship with god does,

Correct.

wouldnt taking notes of who shows up for church and who doesnt be considered pride as well?

Dunno, nor know anyone who does this.

I hope I haven't offended anyone, these are just things that float around in the recesses of my brain, I believe in one superior being, but I can't swallow the hypocrisy that is being shoved down my throat, by the same people who uphold the law.

Jesus spoke against hypocrisy a lot. Looks like you have a similiar ideal

After all, more wars are fought in Gods name, than any other reason. And I just find this wrong...

I'll disagree to say the root of wars came from land acquisition, money, power, greed, etc. Sometimes religion was the excuse. I can cite examples if you like.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The truth is, everything comes from somewhere. Biblical text was written at some point, what was before that? Another religeon. It makes perfect sense that one religeon morphs into another as the worshipors change. Now, God hates homosexuals, even though according to the old testiment wearing clothing made of multiple fibres was a bigger sin. Now, God supports the murders of thousands of middle eastern civilians in the name of freedom.

God changes with each believer, which is good. With tens of billions of different thoughts on God, someone at sometime was probably right. That gives me hope of getting it right too.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The way I have been thinking is the most logical approach. Almost every religion, has one supreme being, this had to stem from somewhere, and I do believe it.

Almost every religion has a Devil, it comes in many different forms, but it is usually 1 who is evil beyond all.

There is many accounts throughout different religions, that spirits do exist.
Whether they are good or bad, they are still mentioned.

and most of all, our course of actions are revealed to us, when it is our time to see it. I do want to have a strong faith,but I do not want to be a sheep, or lamb led astray.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
But I believe that this God isn't a seperate entity than myself. I don't think it is a seperate entity from anyone. I think that every soul is a piece of God and each other. I think what is truly evil is simply the absence of this, or acions against this. Simply put the, follow the Golden Rule, nothing else matters. Not accepting someone as your "savior" doesn't matter, all that matters is the lessons that were taught. Be excellent to each other, and party on dude.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I'll disagree to say the root of wars came from land acquisition, money, power, greed, etc. Sometimes religion was the excuse. I can cite examples if you like.

What I see, in looking into human history, is that the institution of religion, the false and public mainstream fare of so-called piety, has been a front for all these things--greed is greed and it all boils down to carnal orientation precluding true spiritual insight and immaterialism.

But, then again, it probably depends totally on what one defines as 'religion'...

I do not equate religion with spirituality and truth--but I do realize that for many people, the term 'religion' means the opposite of what it does to me.

IMO, religion is of pharisees--and spirit and truth is of the Father.

new topics

top topics

join