It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Brown back in FEMA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
...this time as a "consultant" to 'what went wrong' with the response (or lack thereof) ... WTF!!

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the news but you need to provide a source for this.

I want to know if I need to be as shocked and mad as I am right now.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Google is showing me nothing.

AtlantisAgain, where did you get this information?

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This is a false alarm - he'll spend the balance of his resignation period 'advising FEMA on his views and experiences' - SORRY!
[Obviously just another PR stunt anyway]

I heard this on a radio station in New York on the way home - they forgot to mention the fine print.

Quick link if interested...
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Not a false alarm I think.

I heard it on the an online station I'm streaming right now.

Besides, whoever heard of a "resignation period". If I quit a job then I'm out of there. What could an ex-horse show organiser have to contribute at this point?

Why was he not outright fired and how come he's now (undoubtedly) paid to stay around after "quitting"?

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

Later this evening, CBS News correspondent Gloria Borger spoke with a spokesman for FEMA, Russ Knocke, who confirmed that Brown remains on the FEMA payroll. He also said that technically Brown remains at FEMA as a "contractor" and he is "transitioning out of his job." The reason he will remain at FEMA about a month after his resignation, said the spokesman, is that the agency wants to get the "proper download of his experience."

CBS News correspondent Gloria Borger reports that Michael Brown, who recently resigned as the head of the FEMA, has been rehired by the agency as a consultant to evaluate its response following Hurricane Katrina.

This is what was posted on another site. So it seems he has been rehired. Next thing ya know he'll get a pay raise.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Story

I didn't think he was ever 'fired' or resigned from FEMA, just Katrina patrol. That has always been my impression.

BATON ROUGE, La. - Amid harsh criticism of federal relief efforts, Homeland Security chief Michael Chertoff announced Friday that Michael Brown, director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, is handing over Hurricane Katrina relief duties to a Coast Guard official and returning to Washington to oversee the national office.

Isn't this more about people thinking he was fired are now realizing he wasn't? I think he just stepped down (or across or up) to a position out of the Katrina limelight.

Does anyone have anything that states he was fired or resigned from FEMA?

I think it was a 'slick Willie'. Oh, no, wait. Wrong lying president!

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
He's being kept on the payroll to give his report on what he did wrong????

Am I understanding this correctly???

His story on what went wrong should be in his response to the congressional investigation, and perhaps in his Last Words before they flip the swith on the electric chair for his murder of hundreds by his incompetence.

No one's learning from this, no one is doling out repsonsibility, its barely a month after it all and this guy is still being paid, the others are still working there, and people are talking about making stronger and more powerful and more expensive but no more competent or responsbile organizations to mismanage future disasters. Katrina showed, if nothing else, that we are too stupid to deal with problems like this, and this sort of stuff re-affirms that.

[edit on 27-9-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
is living proof that Abortion should be legal. This poor idiot is such a loser if it weren't for his ties to the Bush family this scab couldn't get a job moping floors. Stupid Scum, plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Brown reminds me of that weasily guy on SG1 who gets stranded on a planet and becomes a Prophet and has multiple wives. Who remembers that episode?

But what about Chertoff? Why isn't he being punished? He or some of his underlings blocked aid at the most critical hour, if the Canadian disaster responce team was allowed in right away hundreds more lives could have been saved, but they were denied entry by DHS. Why? I have heard nothing about it.

Oh yeah, the fact that he is now a consultant doesn't surprise me in the slightest. It's Crony Capitolism at it's best.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
That weasely guy was a CIA operative who got fed up with the plainly illegal actions of certain people in his and other organizations.

Maybourn was one of the people in Stargate that from the start of the series just gave you this eery feeling of pure human evil and yet he turned out to be a pritty good guy.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Blanket denial and blame everybody else - the oldest trick in the book

news.yahoo.com...

He's definately on the way up the gov't slime ladder after this.
I agree with Nygdan, we've got stupid investigations going on for stupid people doing stupid things and it won't change anything - and for all we know California may be next (according to FEMA itself) and these recent catastrophies will pale in comparison

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I heard it on CNN today. He resigned from FEMA, but is now being paid as a "consultant" (because of his experience at FEMA) to find out "what went wrong with the Katrina reponse".

Tell me how unbiased this man will be when it comes to his own shortcomings? And is he going to discuss how unqualified he was for the position?

This stinks, it really stinks

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The man is being hired to evaluate his job performance, how screwed up is that? He will probably give himself a raise and Bush will probably present him with the medal of honor.

www.democracynow.org.../09/27/1433250

Report: FEMA Rehires Michael Brown As A Consultant
CBS News is reporting that the former head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Michael Brown, has been rehired by the agency to serve as a consultant to evaluate its response following Hurricane Katrina. On Sept. 12 Brown announced his resignation saying "it is important that I leave now to avoid further distraction from the ongoing mission of FEMA." The Department of Homeland Security has confirmed that Brown is still on the payroll but claims it is just because his resignation has not taken effect yet.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Let's hope this isn't true because I saw this idiot on TV trying to defend the crappy job he did after Katrina. Clown had the nerve to say he thinks he did a good job. Did any of you see this fools self riteous attitude during questioning by congressmen? More in the other thread about Brown shifting blame.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Brown, who remains on FEMA's payroll for two more weeks before he leaves his annual $148,000 post, rejected accusations that he was inexperienced for the job he held for more than two years during which he oversaw 150 presidentially declared disasters. Before joining FEMA in 2001, he was an attorney, held local government posts and headed the International Arabian Horse Association.

This indicates he actually is leaving. It is from this article:

Brown shifts blame

Also, there is this:

Firefighter replaces FEMA chief

[edit on 28-9-2005 by Mirlin11]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
i am in total disbelief.

it's ok to question the man, free of charge, but to hire him to tell us in his own opinion(which we already know what it is based on his tuesday hearings) is down right ridiculous and insulting to the american people.

Rep, Dem, Cons, Lib, you have to be appalled by this action.

new topics

top topics

join