It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Green Children

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
i have a possible theory on how thse people became green.
if you go here you will see a type of jelyfish that uses algae to make it food.
www.pbs.org...
maybe that these kids had green algae in thier skin and what was keeping that algae there was an enzyme that was in the food of thier home world.
The reason the girl lost the color was becuase the algae was secreted out.

there is additional information about these things elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I thought you said the human body would be too acidic to grow algae though?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SFRemmy
I thought you said the human body would be too acidic to grow algae though? [/quote
i might have been mistaken. the ph of the human body is 5.5 and algae can grow in 5.0. What if these kids had algae growing in thier skin?
So how did the algae get into thier bodies??

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94
i might have been mistaken. the ph of the human body is 5.5 and algae can grow in 5.0. What if these kids had algae growing in thier skin?

Yay! An opportunity to recall my green polar bear theory again...

The Polar Bears turned green because of algae in the water and because of Singapore's hot tropical climate... Err... Not quite what we can say about Britain? Could algae grow on human skin if they spend enough time in a wet, dark cave...?
I dunno. I'm still a bit sceptical about it...

Edit: Oh yeah, Polar bears' fur are actually transparent which makes discoloration so much easier. The legend doesn't say exactly how green the kids was, does it?

[edit on 10-10-2005 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It can be possible that the starvation coupled with trying to eat algae caused them being green.
en.wikipedia.org...

becuase thier liver and intestines stop functioning, the algae can make its way to the dermis.
sound reasonable???

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

The Polar Bears turned green because of algae in the water and because of Singapore's hot tropical climate... Err... Not quite what we can say about Britain? Could algae grow on human skin if they spend enough time in a wet, dark cave...?

[edit on 10-10-2005 by Gemwolf]

If they had lived down there for generations and generations I'm sure they might start growing some. As an apdaptation or such, not so much however that it would cover their body. I'll ask my brother tomorrow, this is his kinda question.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Were these kids human?

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Were these kids human?

Possibly,

If this legend is true no one's quite sure.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Maybe it would be more productive in this thread to speculate what it would be like if two green kids popped up in europe somewhere. And they were really green like grass or like a lime. And thier color did not go to a normal tone. Woulf they ever be able to integrate into society?

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Maybe it would be more productive in this thread to speculate what it would be like if two green kids popped up in europe somewhere. And they were really green like grass or like a lime. And thier color did not go to a normal tone. Woulf they ever be able to integrate into society?

I'm sure they would be able to. They could but it would be difficult. Afterall, there are those people who have blue skin due to a lack of oxygen from living in high altitudes I believe. But that's an entirely different story.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
No I mean if some green skinned people popped out of some cave somewhere and they decided that they wanted to be your neighbors.
maybe you can get them to to be mimes and have the green man group or if one is really tall then you can be his agent to model for green giant vegatable company.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
not so sure about that one people living at high altitudes actually have a higher count of erythrocytes and hence hemoglobine due to the low levels of oxygen making them more red than blue but well.... Tuaregs are called the blue people , they wear mostly dark blue garment and cover their entire body to protect themselves from the sun (they live in the sahara) and just like a cheap pair of blue jeans the colour tends to transfer on the skin could be a skin disease could be a form of vitiligo , but a loss of pigmentation cannot really be compared to a green skin maybe they were half-orcs

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hvitserk

maybe they were half-orcs

hahaha
As long as they come cheap and I can make an army outta them.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
im just asking... is there any possibility that they painted themselves green? lol jk but interesting story you got there

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
What if the woman were overall attractive. You can get about 10 of them and start a brothel.I know it seems strange but, people have a taste for the exotic. You can charge many times the going rate becuase you have something alot of people want and there is nothing like it in the world. Its like selling water in the dessert. customers are going to pay what ever you charge.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalkon
im just asking... is there any possibility that they painted themselves green? lol jk but interesting story you got there

It's entirely possible but I doubt many of us would have the patience to do that to keep it fresh and on.

As for the brothel.....hmmm.....not a bad idea.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
not only can you have brothels, becuase these people may not be human. and therefore not covered by any UN treaties or national laws. You can have a private island where rich men fly too and you can't get in trouble.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFRemmy
I thought you said the human body would be too acidic to grow algae though? [/quote

I hope your body does not have a pH of 5.5. The blood pH of your average person is approximately 7.4. In the lungs this values goes up to 7.6, due to the basic exhalation of CO2 from the blood and haemoglobin out through your lungs. In the tissues, this value is even more acidic than blood at about 7.2, due to the byproducts of cellular metabolism (i.e. lactic acid, etc.). A blood pH of 6.8 is severly acidotic, and will result in death if not dealt with expeditiously. Hence the problem diabetics have with keto-acidosis. Bottomline, algae-if it does grow in a pH of 5.0 (severely acidic)-i would not expect it to grow in the extremely more basic environment of blood and tissues. The difference in H+ concentration from pH 7.2 to 5.0 is approximately 160 times more acidic. Remember, pH is a logarithmic scale.

In terms of the algae parasitically growing within these children's bodies, I would have to say that I don't feel this is possible. In the long history of the evolution of life, cells- from which we have descended- did at one time carry photosynthetic vacuoles of chlorophyll. However, this was BEFORE homo sapiens came along. In fact, modern mitochondria, the powerplants of our cells, strangely resemble a prokaryotic organism acting as a synergistic parasite within the host of the cell. It just so happens this relationship became energetically favorable for both the cell and the mitochondrial-related ancestor. Yet, there was a reason WHY organisms outside the realm of plants gave up chloroplasts for glycogen and metabolic glycolysis. In light of this, if human bodies did somehow take up chlorophyll in the form of algae chloroplasts, which would seem to give off a green color, I suspect that the human body would attack these chloroplasts or algae derivatives just like it would any infection or virus.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
So either these kids were either not really green skinned but came from a north part of the land, and the whole shebang about coming to this world was made up. Or they were alien species whose color changed with the vastly different foods that are available on the earth. Logic dictates that the first one is the most probable and the possibility of more of these green people coming to the earth is zero and we can kiss the idea of having a really sucessfull brothel goodbye.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Oh for goodness sake!

I come by to check up on the fairy tale thread and we are discussing the possibility of brothels?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join