It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC Protest - Where's the Media Coverage?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Check this out.

Yesterday I returned from a walk around the block, turned on my TV and saw a blurry picture of Cindy Sheehan, with muffled sound. The picture was shot from below the lady, perhaps surreptitiously, at a bad angle. I could not make out what Ms. Sheehan said.

Then the picture changed. A woman was shown in full clarity, with full clear sound and from the front.
The contrast between presentation of the two speakers was remarkable, and it was obvious that only the second speaker was to be given any attention. This is obviously part of the “dirty tricks” of the Bu#es.

...The second woman was part of a well-organized Republican Party demonstration. She intimated that Cindy Sheehan was a traitor to her country...

bellaciao.org...

If you get the chance you should read the full article. It brings up some interesting points.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Great article. Thanks.

It was as though Karl Rove were present and had personally organized the entire pro-Bush demonstration. The Republican mantra would now be: anyone that hates their country will criticize Bush, and this will cause our brave boys to get killed. Rove went for emotion rather than substance: a tried and true Bush tactic.

Yeah, it sounds like Rove was there. But God forbid he would sit down on the sidewalk!

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek

Originally posted by loam
In my view, a far greater threat to our nation than terrorism, natural disasters, or disease, is the apathy of its populace. "Ignorance" is a term, I believe, historians will one day use to describe our country, much in the same way they use that term to describe other great civilizations of the past, who failed for the very same reason.

Most people just don't care about what is going on...they are only concerned with their own lives, and how to make their own lives better. Nothing more. But hey, I guess that's the modern American way of life, isn't it? It just comes down to greed and ignorance...if we didn't have those two things, I believe the world's problems would disappear.

O.K., U.S. citizens are stupid and lazy and selfish and should be giving thier full attention to the opinions of Mother Sheehan and Jessie Jackson. And the respected representatives of Castro and Chavez. And the rest of the speakers, representing a range of thought from "I hate Amerika, man." to "I want Amerika and Israel to withdraw from everywhere."("moderates")

The evil corporate overlords are covering up the extraordinary event of a D.C. protest event at the behest of Karl Rove.

The truth is that this kind of street theater was done much better in the 60's when the troops were drafted and didn't have a choice about being in 'Nam.

This useful-idiot event will get the coverage it needs in the middle east, where the Jihadis don't care about how much you hate Bush, because they want you both dead.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realist05
The truth is that this kind of street theater was done much better in the 60's when the troops were drafted and didn't have a choice about being in 'Nam.

Uhh, no. Both wars were unprovoked wars of aggression, and the government lied about both wars. We were deceived, and so were soldiers who enlisted after 9/11 thinking they were actually going to fight for a good purpose. A draft doesn't have much to do with it. The war is still completely unneeded and based on lies. Congress gave Bush the word to stay in Iraq based on false information about weapons of mass destruction. It's an illegal war, but I guess everyone can just keep looking the other way.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It is rather ironic isn't it? We might as well go back to the old days of a 15 minute broadcast. 24/7 news gives you about as much.

-=topper=-

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Just a quick question, are the photos on the bottom of pageone by umbrax photoshopped, is it deliberate or joking? cos it seems to me if your trying to prove there were as many ralies as there were using photoshopped pictures isnt the way to promote the truth.

sorry if im wrong!

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Uhh, no. Both wars were unprovoked wars of aggression, and the government lied about both wars. We were deceived, and so were soldiers who enlisted after 9/11 thinking they were actually going to fight for a good purpose. A draft doesn't have much to do with it. The war is still completely unneeded and based on lies. Congress gave Bush the word to stay in Iraq based on false information about weapons of mass destruction. It's an illegal war, but I guess everyone can just keep looking the other way.

This is some pretty high-quality rhetoric, but what does it have to do with the subject? The comment regarding the draft is not invalid, because many people weren't necessarily against the war, but were definately against being drafted into combat positions (especially if you we of the lower classes).

And for all of you folks who seem to think that the general populace is under some sort of spell, or is purposely apathetic, or is too stupid to see that BushCo is out to rule the world, I would like to offer an alternate theory:

Do you think that maybe, just maybe, many of the people in this country don't feel the same way about the war as you do?. Maybe, some people see the protesters in a different light, and have different opinions, and different deelings about what these protesters are doing. Did you ever think of that? Probably not, because I'm sure it is a full-time job being high and mightly, and being right all the time....

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rowingcrazy
Just a quick question, are the photos on the bottom of pageone by umbrax photoshopped, is it deliberate or joking? cos it seems to me if your trying to prove there were as many ralies as there were using photoshopped pictures isnt the way to promote the truth.

sorry if im wrong!

Curious... Why would you think they were photoshopped? I don't think they are and the link is right there. That's 3 pictures taken from the same vantage point, as different people walked by.

There were 50,000 marching there.

[edit on 27-9-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
This is some pretty high-quality rhetoric, but what does it have to do with the subject? The comment regarding the draft is not invalid, because many people weren't necessarily against the war, but were definately against being drafted into combat positions (especially if you we of the lower classes).

And for all of you folks who seem to think that the general populace is under some sort of spell, or is purposely apathetic, or is too stupid to see that BushCo is out to rule the world, I would like to offer an alternate theory:

Do you think that maybe, just maybe, many of the people in this country don't feel the same way about the war as you do?. Maybe, some people see the protesters in a different light, and have different opinions, and different deelings about what these protesters are doing. Did you ever think of that? Probably not, because I'm sure it is a full-time job being high and mightly, and being right all the time....

The undisputable fact is that we went to war for reasons which were found out to be a lie on the part of the Bush administration. The war is invalid and illegal, you have no argument.

Are people under a spell? Depends on how you see it. If the president of your country comes on national television and tells all the citizens of the country that we are going to war because an enemy possesses dangerous weapons of mass destruction...that sounds like a great reason for war. Then we find out it was a lie. No magic spell here, just simple deception at work, just like vietnam.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rowingcrazy
Just a quick question, are the photos on the bottom of pageone by umbrax photoshopped,

I see what you mean now. It's discussed in the comments on the site. Good, discriminating eyes.
I think the pics are legitimate.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
During the Reagon/bush era, the worlds news sources were largely bought off forever by allowing conglomerates to form...

it provided two things neccessary to control the media if the government ever wanted to...

less numbers to dial for a coverup/favor
and news papers agreed to the "veto" power in return for the legal right to form multinational conglomerates outside anti monopoly legal restraint...
Murdoch
Turner
aol time warner ring any bells? ... it is a clear monopolistic empire that owes its existence to corrupt politics... which in turn gives its support to corrupt politics...

nice little bed fellows... they work so well together... and play such nice dramas for us, we hardly ever know they are posed...
bbc and npr are the only somewhat independant media left in the mainstream... and yes, you heard them mention the protest quite often...

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

heres where i think the errors are, well obvious errors/photoshopped bits.

im not debating wether a march happened just why photoshopped pictures were used?

(incase the pic dosent come up) take the top picture of the 3,
1 bottom right sign saying stop the war, either touched up or photoshopped in

2the white circle near the top in the next photo its a dark sign, think thts photoshopped out, any reaon?

3 big white sign on the right down with the empire bit fake

4the fuzzy mass in the centre tampered with with photoshop

5 trafick light top right looks wrong

6 front half and rear half of the crowd do not match look halfway up the page it seems the front half of the crowd have been stuck on??

strange but thts what i can see.

Found the photos link and went back to a photo company why would they edit the photos, makes no sense? conspiracy to underplay demonstrations?

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I hope this thread doesn't get hijacked to talk about this image, but it is worth taking a quick look at.

The "Down With Empire" sign really does stick out, but I've often seen regular photos appear like they were edited and were not. I figured this was another of those cases. By following the link on my original post you can see some discussion about the image on weather it was photoshoped or not. Unfortunately due to ATS's T&C we can not paste from another forum so those interested will have to find it for them self.

I noticed something and it is actually pretty funny. I believe the "Down With Empire" pic is a prank and not an intentional mislead.

This is the photo in question.

If you look behind the "Down With Empire" you will find a Jedi

There may be more Starwars related imaged dropped into this photo, but lets not hijack Benevolent Heretic's thread to talk about a joke photo.

[edit on 27/9/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Ok good call thats me satisfied!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join