It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Raised!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I'm doing like many of you asked of me, I'm letting you know that last friday 9-16-05, I was raised. This was an awesome experience, and I'm very pleased to say that on 9-17, I was able to attend the Royal Arch degrees and was able to attend my first chapter meeting this week. I'm becoming more involved in my Lodge and participating alot in the 1st and 2nd degree work for newer brothers. This has been a really busy week. Just thought a few of you would like to know.

I really enjoy reading and posting here, if for no other reason than to learn more from some of the members that know alot more than me.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Congratulations!!!!! And welcome brother

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Thank You Angelwitch,
It's a really satisfying process being accepted into this Fraternity. I am very pleased that I finally applied and began the process earlier this year. The big challenge for me right now is learning my 3rd degree proficiency. Just started on that a couple of days ago.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Congratulations Sharkman!

If all goes well I should be initiated sometime in October.

Wow, so you took the Royal Arch degrees the day after you were raised? That's an awful lot of info in such a short time, yeah?

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Congrats!!!

I have no doubt that you'll find Masonry both fufilling and enjoyable.

As the saying goes: You get out of it, what you put into it.

I have no doubt you'll make a fine Mason and Brother.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Congrats, brother! Becoming a mason is one of the best decisions ive ever made. Welcome aboard!

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yeah congtrats man way to go

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Thanks everybody, I'm really enjoying it.

Axeman, hang in there I'm rooting for you. To answer your question about the Royal Arch Degrees, ya, it is kind of quick, but it all ties in nicely. besides if I didn't do it last saturday it would have been another 6 mns. before I could get the chance again. They only put them on around here every few months, because it's hard to get enough people to help.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
OK masons, what's with all the weird ritualistic stuff?

As you know, there is always talk of some sort of conspiracy stuff, but irregardless, calling curses down if there is some sort of betrayal is wrong, and some say that is what one must do.

right or no?

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by randman
OK masons, what's with all the weird ritualistic stuff?

As you know, there is always talk of some sort of conspiracy stuff, but irregardless, calling curses down if there is some sort of betrayal is wrong, and some say that is what one must do.

right or no?

In a word... No.

Check out this thread: The Obligation of a Freemason

Why do you assume the ritual is weird?

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Congratulations!!!!

I'm also happy to hear that you were exalted to the august Degree of Royal Arch Mason. Have you been knighted in the Commandery yet?

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Great news! welcome aboard, its always nice to greet a new brother

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Thanks again friends and Brothers. I am enjoying the comraderie and all the learning that I'm being exposed to.

Masonic Light, I have not yet taken that step. I am going to do the Cryptic Degrees on wednesday of this week though. I believe the Commandery is a ways down the road for me at this point. I am trying to learn my proficiency for the 3rd now and I've been approached about becoming a Steward for the coming new year.

[edit on 26-9-2005 by sharkman]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
randman,

There's nothing wierd about the rituals we enter into. They are quaint and archaic to some, but the underlying meanings and teachings a quite profound. The form in which they are presented do seem strange to most people, but are hardly different than watching a Shakesperean play. The language is pretty similar and so too are some of the forms that are used. The actual period from which the language is taken is actually later than Shakespeare.

At no time have I sworn to curse anybody, this I asure you. Do some more reading and independant study and form your own conclusions. Come here and ask questions and become informed. There are alot of sources of good reputation that are available to read out there.

[edit on 27-9-2005 by sharkman]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Congratulation

May you always enjoy and learn.

From your posts here we have gained a good man. WELCOME!

top topics

join