It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange occurrence,

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Is it possible, that they are 2 sets of twins? DO you know the family well, or is that the first time youve seen these girls?

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
denial28-

I know the family well enought to know theres only 1 child, The other must have been a friend, So no twins

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
denial28-

I know the family well enought to know theres only 1 child, The other must have been a friend, So no twins
Just covering all bases

Then perhaps you definately caught a glimpse of the rift of time that we live in. depends on what you long at lat is, maybe youre over a sort of bermuda triangle, not being silly, but seriously, there are time rifts all over, most just never find them, but you guys in the UK have had some wonderfully cool things happen in your countryside.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hey, asala, are there any updates about what you guys saw?
I am still curious as to what you two may have witnessed.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
My guess is that you and your friend were having such an interesting conversation that you entered a state similar to Highway Hypnosis.

That's the bit where you're driving a familiar road, start thinking about things and end up quite a ways down the road or even at the end of your trip when consciousness returns.

My friend and I have experienced much the same when involved in a project in my shop.
One of - or both - of the wives come out to tell us dinner's ready, we give an indication we've heard, they go in, we stay out.
Not long after they come out again.

Perhaps a form of Highway Hypnosis, but it's just us being stupid and not paying attention to our wives.

(Sometimes I wonder why they don't just shoot us and get it over with.)

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I really have no clue what happened. Even if there was an alternate way out, why would they use it? I hope someone finds out the answer or this will keep me awake.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
asala, I had a similar experience several years ago.....

My husband and I were working in the garden behind our house when we heard what sounded like a terrible car wreck out front ( screaming tires, metal slamming together ). We dropped everything and ran around front......no wreck, no traffic at all, not even something in the road that might have fallen from a passing truck.....zip.

My husband even walked out into the road and up the rise at the end of the drive, where the road curved around and out of our line of site. He was still convinced something had happened, ( a number of accidents have occured right in front of the house, because of that rise and curve in the road......and the sound was familiar ) so he jumped in his car to 'go around the block' so to speak, to see if something had happened a bit further around. I returned to the garden.

About 5 minutes after he had left......I heard the same screeching tires, the same crashing metal....but this time, when I ran around the house....there it was for real.....two cars and a huge feed truck!! Thankfully no one was hurt badly! ( You should have seen the look on my husband's face when he drove up! From his view point, the accident he had heard about fifteen minutes earlier had materialized, as if out of thin air. We have scratched our heads over this many times. How could we have heard it before it happened??

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Intersting events lol. And frayed1 thats just weird. I know what my reaction would be.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
dobleganger first came to mind but the time between the two events was really close so maybe not. Might of been that you dreamed the first event and they did not really come through and then the second time they really did kinda like a premention or could of just been deja vu

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This story reminds me of something I read about somewhere. This may sound crazy but I remember reading that in the spirit world people will travel to their destination ahead of time before they arrive there in our reality. I remember reading that some animals can perceive this and will start barking as if someone is there but if you look you don't see anyone. I wonder if sometimes that this spirit energy is perceived in our reality. Of course this is just wild speculation based on something I read somewhere. I guess what I'm describing is like two dimensions separated by a matter of minutes in time and sometimes the perceptions or images and sounds may cross over enough for us to perceive it. I suppose the nearest example would be suddenly thinking someone is coming over to your house as if you heard someone at the door and then someone does show up a few minutes later.

Of course there may be a more reasonable explanation out there.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
If you don't mind, could you share what were you guys talking about when this happened?

I've had this happen a few times and the one common thread between them was that at the time it happened, my outlook (or a friends outlook) on life changed at that moment. For example, the last time this happened I was talking to a friend that had just gone through a terrible relationship. She was depressed from having endured it to say the least. She didn't eat much, couldn't sleep and didn't enjoy doing the things she used to. One night I went over to cheer her up. We started talking and somehow we worked through her issues and she broke free from her depression. It was a very happy moment for the both of us.

A little while after we noticed the tv remote was missing. Before we had started the talk we had the tv on. She was sitting on the couch and I on a recliner. I remember her turning the tv off and placing the remote next to her. We never moved from our spots during the talk nor after until we went searching for the remote. Well we found the remote on the counter which was about 10 feet away from the couch! When we turned on the tv it was also set on another channel from when we had turned it off. She was quite freaked out by this but eventually convinced herself that she must have put it up there at some point even though I assured her she never did.

My experience may not be as strange as yours but they seem similar. I've had a few other experiences similar to this and they always leave me saying "Well, that wasnt there before", or "That's different". Like I said it always happens when either I or someone around me changes their outlook on life. Also, these experiences are differnt then deja vu because something is always different. With deja vu you're seeing something exactly as you've "seen" it before.

I have a theory on why this happens which I may go into depending on your reply.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It's experiences like these that make 'The Matrix' all the more believable!! When I saw the scene with the black cat, I got goose bumps!!

I've also had a few of those "I didn't leave that there!" or "that wasn't there before!" experiences as well, but usually no one else can vouch for it, so I end up dismissing it as just my absent mindedness.

At least with the 'accident preview', I had another witness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join