It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Terrorism and Torture Facts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Since some always consider that the USA is always wrong and always bad here are some facts for you. You know who you are. Few facts from 1976 to 1990. Link: www.lebaneseforces.com...

Some quotes: Torture "made in Syria"
All the world organizations that struggle to defend the Rights of Man have published documents about torture in Syria. The following is a document published in Geneva in May 1984 by the "Swiss Association for the Defense of the Liberties of Political Prisoners in Syria." This document, entitled "The Rights of Man in Syria" refers to the treatments reserved for political prisoners held by the Damascus secret services.

No need to add more just go to link SS. (My point exactly
-MM)

Mod Edit: All Caps In Title, Excessive Copy & Paste

[edit on 24/9/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Wondering if you can share where you came upon this torture information? It's gruesome in the least. So gruesome I for one believe it came from a source close to the animals who perform such things.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It came from the link provided at top of post.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Can I ask why this topic is once again becoming "Your country is worse than mine"?

Torture happens virtually everywhere - there are very few (if any) nations who can stand and say with any accuracy that "It never happens here".

But more to the point, is it just me who thinks "Look...just because we're pointing out abuse from this country isn't saying that it doesn't happen in my country"?

Has anyone actually said "Well it never happens in my country, only yours?"

The two concepts aren't mutually exclusive.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
"SYRIA Terrorism and Torture FACTS"

I'm assuming, in the interests of fairness, and also in the interests of proving this isn't just somebody's little personal vendetta against a particular Syrian ATS member, that this is part one of a multi-part special on torture.

So which episode is next? Israel? And I can't wait for the one about the US shipping terror suspects to other countries to be tortured.

[edit on 2005-9-24 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Yeah, exactly wcip

I really hope this isn't one of those attempts, and that it doesn't degenerate into a willy-waving slanging match.

Though having just finished reading The Torture Papers (the official documents pertaining to Abu Ghraib), I'd actually be very interested to hear more on verified torture going on elsewhere, outside of my usual sources (Amnesty etc).

(Because I know AI is sometimes condemned as "biased" and unreliable...)

Quickly edited because WCIP made me snort apple juice from out of my nose with her comment below

(I guess I don't qualify for the prize, do I? hehe)

[edit on 24/9/05 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
...and that it doesn't degenerate into a willy-waving slanging match.

Well, I think Syrian Sister would lose that match, unless it were changed to a tinkleflower-waving contest. (Anyone else who gets that little joke wins 100 ATS points or a slap in the face with a rubber chicken, or something.)

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
That article is very biased and has it's facts wrong about Syria's involvement in Lebanon.

Syria entered Lebanon at the request of the Lebanese President, Suleiman Franjieh, who was a Christian.

Syria was very tough against fighting Islamic extremists like the Muslim Brotherhood, as tough as many would like the US to be in their current fight against Islamic extremists.

I don't dent that they have committed atrocoties but the article that was posted should not be used as a reference.

top topics

join