It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina And HAARP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Okay you are all going to think i'm crazy, as many of my friends do. We havnt seen a cat 5 hurricane in 10 years, and now we see two very similar, very powerful cat 5 hurricanes one right after another. HAARP if you didnt know is a government project with capability of creating hurricanes, tsunamis, and alot of other very scary situations. HAARP would only be tested on our own land because scientists need a controlled environment to review effects of such a weapon. Besides, what better reason for these wonderful people to raise crude oil prices to 5 a gallon in a day?.. keep it real, dont trust your government...

- The angry liberal

MOD EDIT: Profanity removed

[edit on 9/24/2005 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Just because we have a few refineries shut down does not mean it costs more to pump oil from the ground or turn it into gasoline. It may cost a couple cents more to drive it farther though. The oil companies already make 7 BILLION dollars a month in profits. By creating this fear they increase their profits even more.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
So HAARP caused the recent heatwave that's seen Sea Surface Temperatures in the Gulf higher than normal?

That is the sole reason you've seen 2 CAT 5s this year (which isn't exactly unsual during an active hurricane period tbh)

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I got this from the NCDC source of hurricane info since 1886:

10 Donna Sept. 4, 1960
11 Ethel Sept. 15, 1960

Two category fives, and in an even less time span that Rita and Katrina. And then, a year later...

12 Carla Sept. 11, 1961
13 Hattie Oct. 30, 1961

So sure, it hasn't happened since the 60s, but still, it's happened before.

So maybe it wasn't caused by HAARP.

After all, HAARP stands for High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program. You can learn more about it, and what it does, here: HAARP.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
What if global warming was just being used as a distraction to what is actually happening? If the government actually has scalar weapons technology, then they need to blame the dramatic shifts of weather and the record-breaking weather on something.

I have recently obtained a copy of HAARP by Jerry E. Smith from my local library. HAARP is an acronym for Active Auroral Research Program. It is located in Alaska. It is managed by the U.S. Air Force Phillips Laboratory, and two Navy organizations in the District of Columbia the office of Naval Research and the Naval Research Laboratory, and is funded by the department of defense. It forms a massive matrix as my husband called it of 4-dozen 72-foot tall metal towers. That was when the book was written 1998. The author says there was an article in We Alaskans, the Sunday magazine of the Anchorage Daily News called the “Buzz over HAARP!”

Here are a few excerpts from chapter one in the book:

The government says it is a pure science research station, one intended to increase our understanding of the upper atmosphere. Deractors, as reporter O'Herra described, are not convinced. Some think it is a prototype for a "Star Wars" weapons system. Some think it will be used to control the weather. …

Many stories about the mystery of HAARP have been run in the press. These have appeared at every level, from Glennallen’s Copper River County Journal, to Popular Science Magazine, to the prestigious international publication Jane’s Defense Weekly. Yet for all this publicity, most Americans have never heard of HAARP. Mother Jones Magazine cited the construction of HAARP as one of the “Top Censored News Stories of 1994…..

One of HAARP’s distinctions is that it will be the world’s most powerful short-wave radio transmitter-only it will not be broadcasting for human ears. Its signal will be sent to the top of our atmosphere where it is intended to heat a portion of the sky, much like a microwave oven warms a frozen burrito. This type of transmitter is called an “ionospheric heater.”…..

The project’s completion is expected in 2002 …. Will cover a gravel pad some 33 acres in extent, with 180 antenna towers in a grid of 15 columns and 12 rows. … A metal screen stretches between the towers 15 feet above the ground. This forms a continuous reflector for the antennas. During the transmissions, the screen catches downward-directed radio frequency (RF) energy and re-direct it upwards. This intensifies the beam as well as helps to protect people and animals on the ground from the intense RF fields generated when the transmitters are in operation. On the ground there are 30 transmitter shelters. Each shelter houses 12 diesel-powered transmitters…. Each transmitter is capable of generating 10,000 watts of RF power. Together, these 360 transmitters can send 3.6 million watts of raw RF output to the antennas HAARP has a unique feature, a patented ability to focus these transmissions to into a single point high in the sky. This magnifies the output a thousand times, giving HAARP an effective radiated power in excess of 3.6 billion watts. This makes it 72,000 times more powerful than the largest commercial radio station in the US…..

The government’s official documents on HAARP are often contradictory and seem to be intentionally misleading.

To know more get the book and/or look around on the web. It is believed it can produce extremely low frequency (ELF) waves. That is another discussion though. You have an extremely powerful transmitter that can heat up the sky. The government can create global warming right there. I only got through two chapters so far. It goes on to describe how HAARP works in detail. It is believed by many that it can very well control the jet stream that controls the weather which is intended to be used as a weapon. It more than likely is able to control much more than just the jet stream.

As most people know the US has many secret weapons projects, and that their technology is much more advanced than that given to civilians. The nuclear bomb was a total secret until it was actually used. Most if not all civilians would have said it would not even be possible for a bomb to have that much power prior to the government actually telling its people about it. I remember when the military introduced the unmanned plane, and everyone being impressed that the government could even do that. Why do most of us still sit around saying the government can’t do this or that in the science and tech field when they are the ones who have the top scientists working for them. You should know the government is not going to admit to anything that would gives them the edge in military weapons development. Most of that is kept from us just so the “enemy” will not be able to find out what is being worked on, and get ideas themselves if not out right try to seal the information.

Most people would rather turn a blind eye to any talk of weather control, since it is more comfortable for them believing that the weather can not be controlled. Weather control can be extremely devastating in the wrong hands and used as a weapon. It is also undetectable when it is actually being used. If it starts to become detectable, then global warming, natural weather pattern shifts, polar shifts, and etc can all be used as a scapegoat to what is really happening.

I do believe and have heard whisperings that the government has advanced this technology along since it's inception.

PS. cmdrkeenkid thank you for letting me re-post this from the locked thread.

[edit on 30-9-2005 by Mystery_Lady]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Please use the search function before starting multiple threads. Here is a link to the thread where this should be discussed. Thank you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Please use the search function before starting multiple threads. Here is a link to the thread where this should be discussed. Thank you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is getting a little overwhelming for me. First I post in a thread the moderator locked right after I posted. I mainly posted in that thread to help defend the original poster, and was hoping for a little bit of feed back from my post.

The moderator had three links in his post, and the one link lead to this thread. I asked the mod if I could repost here. The mod granted me permission to do so. The moderator never commented in this thread about a pervious thread, and never locked this thread either. Here he made a contribution to this thread, and yet you come and basically say this thread shouldn't exist, and point us to a thread in a different folder.

I know the mods don't like overlapping threads on the same subject, since it can become too congested. I know the mods pretty much uphold to this standard. Sometimes I see the same subject in a couple of different threads, which the mods have left alone in the same folder. I believe that is the mod's call though. Isn't there room enough to have a couple of threads on the same subject in different folders?

I do feel that if cmdrkeenkid felt there was a problem with this thread, or there were too many Kitrina and Haarp threads, that he would have locked this thread like he locked the other one.

I can understand locked threads, but with all this you should be posting here, no you should be posting here, no you should be posting here is enough to get me dizzy and almost afraid to post anything without first trying to dig up a thread two years old or in a completely different folder that coveres the same subject when a new thread has been created and the mods left it standing. It really gets my head spinning when a mod refers me to a thread, and then someone not a mod says no you should be posting here.

Thank you for making me extremely dizzy.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Actually Rita may have been the forth cat 5 this season. There was Katrina, and earlier this year we had Dennis and Emily both were near cat 5 at their peak. Last year Ivan was a cat 5, and Frances peaked at about 150mph well before it got to Florida. In '03 Isabel was a cat 5 for a few days, and in '99 Georges may have been a cat 5 before it got to the islands. To say there hasnt been any cat 5s in a decade is not correct.

The west pacific typically sees 20+ storms a year, the entire pacific is over 50. To say that HAARP or something else is causing the hurricanes is more than far-fetched.

[edit on 1-10-2005 by jrod]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Mystery_Lady the thread that was created first is the thread everyone should be commenting in. I can see people creating duplicate threads over a period of say 6 months. But it would have taken the creater of this thread one little click on the scroll down button to realise this has been discussed before.

I can't stress this enough... please don't create multiple threads... this is one reason I don't post that much on ATS anymore. I have been year for over 2 years and I have seen this way to often.

Mods?

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This thread was started more than 10 days after your thread, CPYKOmega had ended. Discussion ceased on it for more than 10 days on 9/11. This thread was started 13 days later. It can stay.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
All this carp about HAARP bieng used to affect the weather cracks me up.

I have yet to see one lucid, scientific explanation of how this could happen.

So what if HAARP is used to heat up portions of the ionosphere over Alaska.

Big deal.

How is that supposed to affect hurricanes in the gulf?

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This is right up my alley. Not only do I think that we have the techno through HARRP to contrp; the weather, I think we have gone through a greater dimension to even bigger levels. I think we now have the techno to create the biggest and deadliest cyclones this world has ever seen. I believe we also have the techno to stop them. I think someone is also creating all the recent deadly earthquakes too.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyChild_5
This is right up my alley. Not only do I think that we have the techno through HARRP to contrp; the weather, I think we have gone through a greater dimension to even bigger levels. I think we now have the techno to create the biggest and deadliest cyclones this world has ever seen. I believe we also have the techno to stop them. I think someone is also creating all the recent deadly earthquakes too.

You think... You think... You believe... You think... Well, do you have any credible links to back up your thoughts and beliefs?

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
How about some mathmatical proofs as well.

How much energy would be required to create or steer a hurricane?

How is that energy delivered from Alaska, where HAARP is located to the tropics?

What about the inverse square law?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I have heard a lot about HAARP and I don't know if they could centralize it above just the states. It is and unsure and incomplete science. I do believe however it could be responsible for Katrina, the Tsanami and a whole lot of other things that are going on strange about the weather right now.
One day we are going to all have to die and the government is always trying to speed this up.
Has anyone heard of anyone famous, really famous, or highly political being killed in any of these weather nightmares? Why is that???

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaimless
Has anyone heard of anyone famous, really famous, or highly political being killed in any of these weather nightmares? Why is that???

During the tsunami Jet Li, who is pretty gosh darned famous, was caught in it. He had to run from the wave, carrying his two children until he could find higher ground behind a building. He wasn't killed, but came close.

And most celebrities and political types have the time and money to get out of the way of things such as hurricanes.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
To those whom said I did not do the research on the topic, TRUST ME, I HAVE! lol.. I wouldn't have posted without it. The project is shrowded in secrecy, but openly invites public tours to part of the facility to end many people's belief in using it as a military weapon. However its a very very very very powerful piece of technology which should not by any means be underminded. Especially Considering that this project was established by the US. Military. Thanks for the posts all

Tuk

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuclearap0x
To those whom said I did not do the research on the topic, TRUST ME, I HAVE! lol.. I wouldn't have posted without it. The project is shrowded in secrecy, but openly invites public tours to part of the facility to end many people's belief in using it as a military weapon. However its a very very very very powerful piece of technology which should not by any means be underminded. Especially Considering that this project was established by the US. Military. Thanks for the posts all

Yet, it's not even nearly powerful enough to create tropical cyclones.

If you want to blame US governement for hurricanes, remember that US is top polluter in the world. Global warming may cause more powerful hurricanes, HAARP can't, it only has power of 3.6MW after all, and it affects upper atmosphere over Alaska.

Reason for US military funding is probably that they want to find ways to communicate with subs, blow up ICBM's, or something like that..

If US governement really would like to kill it's own people, it would find better ways to do that than a hurricane which kills couple thousand people and disappears.

Earthquakes (and therefore tsunamis) are part of earth's normal "life", they have destroyed cities & civilizations for thousands of years. Long before HAARP.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Let me clarify the use of Haarp because clearly you think its just emitting energy around its location. IF it were used to create cyclones, it would be emitting a ray off of the Ionosphere back down to earth to a specific spot and could potentially do remote damage to any corner of the earth.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuclearap0x
Let me clarify the use of Haarp because clearly you think its just emitting energy around its location. IF it were used to create cyclones, it would be emitting a ray off of the Ionosphere back down to earth to a specific spot and could potentially do remote damage to any corner of the earth.

How does that create a tropical cyclone? Bearing in mind that they form in the Atlantic Ocean as a result of existing atmospheric disturbances, high sea surface temperatures and the resultant convective activity....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join